NULL

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trainer [eShop/EU] [Beta]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by GamePil, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Thats strange. You are using the exact same setup as me, and its working fine for me, and not you.

I think its a problem on your computer side of things, and not the console.

I wonder, do you have an Anti-Virus or Firewall that is running in the background on your PC? If so, it could be preventing some of the data from being sent and/or received to and from the trainer.

Im just trying to think what you can try to fix this.

2. Flump

Flump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    You are probably onto something there with either the firewall or router blocking it coming into the pc. He can obviously send out as his codes section works so it looks like just the incoming. I'm curious if it sends his coordinates to the trainer in "other" tab if he enables it and if it updates the coords on the left as he walks about.

TheTechGenius likes this.
  3. dreassica

dreassica GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    Netherlands
    It be strange, considering the regular codes and even the teleportation tab works fine. It also tracks the coordinates on the left.

Last edited by dreassica, Apr 25, 2018
  4. Flump

Flump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I did reply to you on Discord but the only thing I could find that was related was an issue opened on the original trainer repo. The last reply there says this "You have to wait a few minutes after loading the game and then click the load items button. If that doesn't work you may need to get the DLC which fixed it for me."

So make sure you have DLC if you don't already and try waiting a few mins.

5. dreassica

dreassica GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    Netherlands
    Looks like having the DLC installed fixes it all.

6. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    It might be because there are 2 Update Versions, the game update and the DLC Update. If both are not updated for use with the trainer, then the trainer will not work right.

But that is just speculation. Because since the trainer was created with the DLC in mind, it stands to reason that you would need the DLC to use the trainer.

Im sorry I didn't think of it sooner, I forgot all about the DLC Update version on the main menu.

7. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Awesome :) I love the idea of changing the game ver at the top corner of trainer!
    NA disc owner here. Testing trainer with game version 1.4.1
    Codes that came with trainers didn't work at all for me, so I added my custom list from other botw trainer i used.
    With my list, I selected a few codes and the cheats are working. Will keep playing thru game for more testing.

8. Flump

Flump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    You would be better off with the 1.4.1 trainer. To get this to work for 1.5 I changed the offsets that works the other tab. Even tho the rest of the trainer will work for you using anything in "other" tab will crash the game for you on 1.4.1, you would be better off just using the 1.4.1 trainer and it will all work for you.

9. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    What do I do if I have the newest DLC and update installed?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

10. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    I see. No problem then. Tho I never once used the OTHER tab in any trainer ( It has fast travel ability? ) since I always traveled normally by foot, air, horse or bike. So far, this new trainer hasn't giving me problems in editing Material amounts and Codes/cheats, so it's still pretty good in my playthru.

11. skoolzout1

skoolzout1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    The Maple Syrup Aisle
    You should technically be able to have as many codes as you want with no issues. Unless a code directly conflicts with another code or basically writes to the same addresses as another code, there should be no issue. Off the top of my head, no codes directly conflict with each other but some do use the same button activators, but that can just cause confusion rather than issues.

However, I know at least one of my codes randomly causes crashes, but I don’t know which code it is, and it’s so uncommon that it’s impossible to recreate the crash so I can fix it.

12. satelman

satelman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2016
    Montserrat
    Hi,

I'm testing your codes for v1.5.0 and so far so good, they all seem to work pretty well for European BOTW. Congrats. (I especially like the one called 'Point and Stupify'. It's so much fun!) :-D

Just one question: there are two "new" codes I'm not sure how to use, Wind Speed and Brightness. Which values / value ranges should I use for these two?

Thanks.

Last edited by satelman, May 2, 2018
  13. skoolzout1

Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    The Maple Syrup Aisle
    You convert a number to a floating point and Put it into the code.

Use the conversions tab of Jgecko and select Float -> Hexadecimal

Type your multiplier in, like 1.5, 0.5,10000 or whatever you want and copy the 8 digit result into the code where the x’s are and try it out.

14. satelman

satelman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2016
    Montserrat
    Ok, thanks, but I thought there would be specific valid values o a certain value range for these two codes.

Apparently there aren't, so I'll just have to play around to see what happens.

15. skoolzout1

Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    The Maple Syrup Aisle
    You can pretty much experiment and go nuts.

satelman likes this.
  16. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    I've bought BotW on Wii U and Switch (phyisical copies), but I bought the DLC only on the Switch version. Now I can't use the items list because of that. :( The Codes and Other tabs work perfectly though. There a small problems with a few transportation points though (wrong coordinates like inside the tower, forgot which one).

Attached Files:

Last edited by CaptainHIT, May 6, 2018
  17. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    yeah, you need the DLC to use the item list in the trainer. I think the DLC updates move around the values of the items, since the DLC adds more items to the game.

18. CaptainHIT

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    A pulldown menu for that could be included imo, just like the pulldown menu for game versions. A menu where we can select without DLC and with DLC.

19. Flump

Flump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I don't check here so sorry for the late reply. I did fix all the teleporter coordinates about a week or 2 ago and updated the app. It will prompt you to update next time you run it if you haven't already.

CaptainHIT likes this.
  20. CaptainHIT

Mar 2, 2011
    Turkey
    Bursa
    I'll check it asap.