DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_109594_291_133412.jpeg

There once was a time when i was new to the Temp. This awful slum was we now call the EoF was actually a decent place to hang out. Hard to believe this drug ring ghetto used to be a decent club, but its true.
*starts fire in a trash burn barrel*
So gather round kiddies. Its a long story...

The forums were busteling with new techniques for getting around flashing and dldi's now autopatched. The R4 was the cheapest and most popular card. Micro SD cards were more expensive back then. 4 gigs was still $40+. The year? late 2007...

I wandered into the Temp seeking a way to get my defunt Datel Games 'n' Music to work again. I stumbled onto the forums needing help. I found everything i need to know and more, thanks to come helpful members. I bought an R4 and became a lasting member here on the Temp.

It wasnt long before i found the Testing Area. I didnt have much to offer anymore since i didnt need help and i wasnt all that great at this stuff anyway. I found a few funny threads written by the legendary pokemon, Bonemonkey.

Bonemonkey was very interesting. He posted about comics (mostly Deadpool) and things he liked which was all inclusively: Bacon.

Threads were funny back then. Ideas, new sigs, avatars, and silly rehashed jokes. It was easy to make a funny thread. If it wasnt, people ignored you and you didnt make fun, you just kinda went on living. anyways.

Things changed. The R4 fell from power as it went mysteriously unsupported in early 2008. The DS gained a sucessor, the DSlite. The iphone 3G was released... And the worst of all.
The Testing Area was renamed.

We became knows as "the Edge of the Fourm" Jokes got shitty. We arent even allowed to make topics to test sigs anymore...

Now we live here, under this oppressive name and everything.

Why did things go wrong?
The reason?
The testing area was a relaxing club to visit after you had a hard working day on the temp. You came downhere to rest and have a drink at the "You are Banned Thread", a local watering hole. People were either funny or ignored. Things were good back then. Now? Now the EoF is like a really shitty open mic night where anyone can go. Threads are forced to be funny. And they just... arent... no one is creative. Everyone who comes here just bitches about someone else or make a terrible one lines trying to make something of nothing.

If you come here to bitch, make terrible jokes, or another god damned game thread, Take it to the blogs. honest. they arent funny. At all.

I wish we could rename it back to the Testing Area...

Reactions: 2 people

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i really wish i had joined this place earlier D: i for one cant deny ive made stupid attempts at humor, or tried to make posts and topics to make it seem like i know what the hell am i talking about half the time. But i do try to enjoy and be a part of the community like other people do. There are times when this place can actually have a decent conversation and we actually discuss like a gaming community. I enjoy those moments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)