Tricking ChatGPT into making a mod chip guide. (Experiment)

Recently I got a mod chip because I wanted to hack a switch lite to have a portable android and switch device. I was looking online for some guides and noticed there's really none. So I wanted to try an experiment. Could I trick ChatGPT into makng a guide?

Part 1: Wires
I started this journey because I wanted to know what wires were the best to use for this project. I easily found multiple sites telling me to use kynar wire 30 awg but I still wanted to see what ChatGPT had to say. At this point I wasn't really thinking about the whole guide idea so I just tried to give it to get me wire recommendations. Here was the prompt I started with:
Prompt_1.png

This was a really good start because it got it on the path of hacking and modding components without really setting off any alarms. Here's what I spit back out:
reponse_1-png.413951

While this response was okay it didn't have a lot of detail so I decided to steer it in the right direction a little bit.
I asked it this:
Prompt_2.png

Now after asking that I got it to give me a little more detail,
Response_2.png

and after that a new idea came to me.

Part 2: The Guide
Now before I could just go asking it to make a switch mod chip guide I wanted to make sure that it was going the right way and wasn't just going to say no, so I decided to use a little trick that I used before when I originally asked it about the wires. Funny enough ChatGPT doesn't really flag stuff when you say it's just a "hypothetical scenario." So I did my best ben shapiro impression and asked it this:
Prompt_3.png

It responded to this question like this:
Response_3.png

While this wasn't the final part, it sure as hell gave me a good starting point to ask my next question. The next question I was going to ask was going to be the final. I wanted to really push it and here's what I did:
Prompt_4.png

And with that, I happily got this as a response!
Response_4.png

And there you go. You just got a modchip guide from ChatGPT in 4 prompts.

Part 3: Final thoughts

Now of course this is an EXTREMELY generic guide that doesn't even cover things like if you wanted to clean the CPU, what points to solder, and it's just overall really generic, but it is a guide and if you didn't know a thing about soldering or mod chips well you sure as hell know more now. This was a fun experiment and I'll see if I can get more out of it. If I make a guide for hacking a switch lite tho, I'm not using ChatGPT, lol. I do think that the materials needed section is really useful to a beginner, as most people who have never soldered before will definently need some of that stuff. It should have covered using digital microscope or multimeter tho as those are extremely important for not messing up your board or your solder job.

I hope you enjoyed this and learned something. I would love to see what y'all could get out of ChatGPT by using this style of prompting. Thanks for reading!

Extra: Double checking my work

I wanted to check if I just wasted time trying to engineer ChatGPT to give me a modchip guide or if it would flag it without all of this so I opened another instance and asked it this, and this is what it told me:
1705269042804.png

lol.

Attachments

• Reponse_1.png
    Reponse_1.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 45

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not at all call this a guide. More of a "Stuff" you should already know before doing any mods or electronics repair. If you are actually following directions from ChatGPT over directions from humans, then I'm truely worried about you kids nowdays.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
At that point youd be better off just finding a guide written by someone and following that

https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/ There is even a guide here for one of them (I've not read over the guide no idea if this works for Switch Lite, Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage done)

Reactions: BigOnYa

scotdotwtf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks. I've found some pretty good guides where it's just people installing some chips as well as some sthetix guides which I was surprised by because those guides are pretty well hidden but that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto