The latest patch for Devil May Cry 5 on PC removes Denuvo from the game

header (1).jpg

The latest content update for 2019's Devil May Cry 5 doesn't add anything to the game itself, but instead, takes away. The game's Denuvo DRM protection has been removed as of the latest patch, nearly a year after its launch on PC. DMC5's Steam page no longer mentions the anti-tamper DRM, nor does it have a 5 different PC's a day activation limit, which had been noted there previously. Previously, Devil May Cry 5's older version of Denuvo was cracked the same day the game launched, on March 8, 2019.

:arrow: Source

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As someone who is currently playing Monster Hunter Worlds, I hope they take note and do the same. Unfortunately they currently seem to be going in the exact opposite direction.

This is not a sign of things to come, sadly.

Edit: Here's one modder's evaluation of the patch that dropped today.

Last edited by AbyssalMonkey,

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As someone who is currently playing Monster Hunter Worlds, I hope they take note and do the same. Unfortunately they currently seem to be going in the exact opposite direction.

Don't forget the anti cheat system, MHW became literally unplayable for me.
Nice for Devil May Cry 5, one reason more to buy it in the future.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Funny how this immediately turned into a Monster Hunter thread.

...but I'm also one of the people rather largely impacted by World's new CPU usage, losing about 20-25fps on average. They really need to handle that asap, and not in the way they think they've been. Fix ya shit, Capcom.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, tbh they already released it without it by mistake soooooo .... But that's good if they are doing it by themselves, more companies should do and Capcom should also do that for Monster Hunter, it's not even like it's useful now that it is cracked, it's just annoying for everyone who bought it

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Previously, Devil May Cry 5's older version of Denuvo was cracked the same day the game launched, on March 8, 2019.​

I think this is wrong, the version that was released on March 8 2019 by Sam2k8' was a Denuvo-less crack using ALI213 Steam emulator

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Good, Monster Hunter World on PC was completely ruined by modded weapons and equipment. Playing online some shitters join and 1 shot everything. The game's population isn't the biggest and crossplay would benefit all platforms but they'll never let us PC players join console players if we pollute the game economy with modded garbage.

It should have had robust anti-cheat and anti-tamper checks in place since launch.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nice to hear that. Should be a standard, honestly - I understand the importance of anti-tampering software for early sales, but it doesn't do any good for neither buyers nor publishers in long term.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile

This is a huge disappointment, I was so happy that after the late-January patch I finally managed to play again without my CPU overheating to 95°C

Surprising how in one end capcom get rid of Denuvo in one of their game, and in another one they make the effort of making something much worse than just having Denuvo.

Last edited by Garro,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honesty, Denuvo ends doing more harm than good since it greatly inconveniences people playing the games legally or make people go for videogame console versions that don't have Denuvo, cutting into Steam sales.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proof that Denuvo is utter shit and should be removed from all games that use it, but that's me. Hope SE removes it from Star Ocean 4, Dragon Quest XI and so on :P

I hope more hackers remove more Denuvo because I honestly couldn't care less if it helps devs or not, screw DRM.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf