The first three Dragon Quest games will be released on the Switch in the west

dq-1-2-3-656x369.jpg

Previously announced in Japan was the re-release of the first three Dragon Quest games, for the Nintendo Switch. Japan will not be the only ones that can enjoy these oldschool games, however, as Square Enix has revealed that they will be releasing the titles digitally, in the west. On September 27th, Dragon Quest I, II, and III will launch on the Nintendo eShop, for $4.99, $6.49, and $12.49, respectively. Rather than receive a physical version like Japan will, this collection of classic titles will be a digital-only release, though it does mark the first time that Europe has had these games officially release on console.

:arrow: Source

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man some of you are negative people. If you don't want them just don't buy them, problem solved.

So it would have been better to you if they didn't release these and just released XI? I thought more is better than less.

Reactions: THYPLEX

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
meh i'd rather they port the 3ds version of VIII
But XI is part of the Eldrick Saga as is 1/2/3.

So it makes sense to realese one two and three at this time so as you can play the Eldrick Saga from start to finish.

4/5/6 are part of the Zenithian Saga and have no connection story wise to the Eldrick Saga games.

7/8/9/10 are all individual stories with no connection to any other game in the series.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I might get them, not 100% sure yet.
I have all 3 on android but will also pick em up for the switch as they are really good but then I am a huge fan of all DQ games.

1 is quite short so I am guessing that is why the price is quite low. The second and 3rd are huge games and are more that worth the asking price on the Switch.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what confuses me is that if they are seperate you just need to buy what you want. if they bundled it all together it'd be $24 and most eshops have shopping carts. it's a bit of a moot point though I'm sure people would complain if all three of these were $24 cause "they oldz"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over