The first episode of HBO's The Last of Us TV show releases to critical acclaim

asddasdasdsadsadasdasdasd.png

HBO has finally debuted its TV adaptation of Naughty Dog's The Last of Us. The hour-and-a-half series premiere kicks off the nine-episode-long season, and despite some skepticism surrounding the teaser trailers, the show is currently getting rave reviews from both critics and audiences. HBO's The Last of Us is currently sitting at a 96% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 9.5/10 on IMDb. Have you gotten a chance to catch the first episode, or is all the acclaim enough to get you to tune in? Let us know in the comments below!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
First episode was solid, doesn't seem like I'll be missing much by just watching the show instead of playing the games since they're heavily story-driven anyway.
Was going to say… this seems like one of those cases where it would be hard to screw it up…

Reactions: Xzi and drazenm

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
They did screw it up with the very first character.
Sarah in the game is a blond haired white girl.
In the show they went PC and put a arfo black girl.
Everyone else is good so why did they screw up Sarah so badly?
Im wondering whos next to get screwed up and PC changed.
Im surprised Joel is a man and not a black woman.
Thats the way the world has gone.
Post automatically merged:

As for the rest of the episode they did a good job. The car driving part through the city i was unsure that was gameplay or actual driving footage it looked so alike.

If you want a spoiler just play the game, the stories are the same which is great.

I didnt have a problem with anything else in the show. It was a good copy of the game and only changed for real life acting.

Anyone who complained isnt a gamer and never played the game.

If they complained about Sarah they have every right. Shes the only character screwed up so far.

Last edited by NakedFaerie,

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

As for the rest of the episode they did a good job. The car driving part through the city i was unsure that was gameplay or actual driving footage it looked so alike.

If you want a spoiler just play the game, the stories are the same which is great.

I didnt have a problem with anything else in the show. It was a good copy of the game and only changed for real life acting.

If they complained about Sarah they have every right. Shes the only character screwed up so far.

Jesus, who hurt you? Sarah's race has absolutely nothing to do with the story and contributes nothing to the plot. It's such a minor change. I guess you didn't know that a white man can have a dark-skinned child? Stop being a racist and grow the fuck up.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada

you're saying you want a white character instead of a black character even though race isn't important to the story? 👀

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Loved The Witcher 3 to death...played for a whole year straight...maxed out at level 100 with hundreds of hours of play-time.

I then went on and read all 7 Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski and I loved the novels too, had a blast meeting all the characters from the game.

I then went ahead and avoided the Witcher Tv series like the Catriona Plague.

Loved the Last of Us with multiple play-throughs on both Ps3 and Ps4, loved the Left Behind DLC, and in the same spirit as the Witcher am gonna skip the Tv series.

My logic you ask?

Simple, I'm an avid reader, I've read like all of Robert Ludlum's, Tom Clancy's, Lee Child's Jack Reacher, Eric Van Lustbader's novels, etc, and every time I read a novel and then go on to watch the movie adaptation, the movie always seems to be a boring, shallow, clichéd piece of crap.

Moral of the story? If you read the book...stay away from the movie/Tv series...for me I also apply that to games.

• Haha
Reactions: Y0shII and eternal

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Loved The Witcher 3 to death...played for a whole year straight...maxed out at level 100 with hundreds of hours of play-time.

I then went on and read all 7 Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski and I loved the novels too, had a blast meeting all the characters from the game.

Loved the Last of Us with multiple play-throughs on both Ps3 and Ps4, loved the Left Behind DLC, and in the same spirit as the Witcher am gonna skip the Tv series.

My logic you ask?

Simple, I'm an avid reader, I've read like all of Robert Ludlum's, Tom Clancy's, Lee Child's Jack Reacher, Eric Van Lustbader's novels, etc, and every time I read a novel and then go on to watch the movie adaptation, the movie always seems to be a boring, shallow, clichéd piece of crap.

Moral of the story? If you read the book...stay away from the movie/Tv series...for me I also apply that to games.
Your logic is sound for The Witcher, as the Netflix writers never had any intention of following the source material at all. Druckmann was heavily involved in the production of TLoU TV series, however, and it seems like it's pretty much going to follow the story beats of the games 1:1.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
doesn't seem like I'll be missing much by just watching the show instead of playing the games
It depends how much you want to get out of it really. The show got the point across but it was pretty condensed and therefore didn't pull you in and get you emtionally involved as much as the game. I really enjoyed it though. As I said in the other thread, it's worth it just for Pedro Pascal.

Reactions: HellGhast and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It depends how much you want to get out of it really. The show got the point across but it was pretty condensed and therefore didn't pull you in and get you emtionally involved as much as the game. I really enjoyed it though. As I said in the other thread, it's worth it just for Pedro Pascal.
Dude is definitely having his moment in the spotlight, I'm on board for as many seasons of The Mandalorian as they want to make. He was by far the best part of an otherwise-awful Wonder Woman 1984, too.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First episode was solid, doesn't seem like I'll be missing much by just watching the show instead of playing the games since they're heavily story-driven anyway.
True, they are story driven, butthe gameplay is also very polished and fun. It's a shame it's tied to such a linear game with so little replayability, but at least the online mode gave it a good use.

Reactions: Xzi

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country

My logic you ask?

I get what you're saying, but you can't take that for granted every time without missing out. I can mention examples of movie/tv adaptations that very much so lived up to the book(s) and also, at the top of my head, at least one example where the tv series exeeded the books (Dexter).

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, who hurt you? Sarah's race has absolutely nothing to do with the story and contributes nothing to the plot. It's such a minor change. I guess you didn't know that a white man can have a dark-skinned child? Stop being a racist and grow the fuck up.
Omg, the moment anyone says these days anything about blacks and jws (i DIDNT forget the fairies ok, so don't say i did) it's straight away racist 🤣

Last edited by drazenm,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pop culture overused this zombie theme in the last decade given or take. So to be a critically acclaimed zombie fiction today is impressive. It must be really good.
True, but I think it's mostly The Walking Dead that poisoned the well since the writers had no idea where to go with it after the first couple seasons. The best shows have their endings planned out before the first episode debuts, and go for like 5-6 seasons max.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto