The first episode of HBO's The Last of Us TV show releases to critical acclaim

asddasdasdsadsadasdasdasd.png

HBO has finally debuted its TV adaptation of Naughty Dog's The Last of Us. The hour-and-a-half series premiere kicks off the nine-episode-long season, and despite some skepticism surrounding the teaser trailers, the show is currently getting rave reviews from both critics and audiences. HBO's The Last of Us is currently sitting at a 96% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 9.5/10 on IMDb. Have you gotten a chance to catch the first episode, or is all the acclaim enough to get you to tune in? Let us know in the comments below!

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, just watched it last night. It was pretty solid actually for an adaptation of the game. My partner who is not a gamer also enjoyed it too. 4/5 easily. Then we saw Mando season 3 trailer and damn.

Pedro Pascal, so hot right now.

Reactions: Xzi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never got the change to play it as a xbox player. The story is great so far!
It's been ported to PC.

I'd bet it'll stay as a "console exclusive" (even though it's on three PS platorms now), but thankfully developed for PC so there's a better gaming platform. Nothing against consoles and I'm a console gamer, although PC is definitely much better and freer (mods, drm-free or close to, etc).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Money will tell if it will last 1 year or 15 years. It's an American show after all.
Eh, not necessarily. Breaking Bad would've gone for twenty seasons if financial success was all that mattered to Vince Gilligan. Some creators aren't willing to sacrifice the integrity of their art for a few extra paydays. Assuming part three is the final TLoU game in the series, they should be able to wrap up the show in three seasons as well. Just a guess of course, I have no idea how many loose ends were left after the end of part two.

Reactions: CoolMe

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Your logic is sound for The Witcher, as the Netflix writers never had any intention of following the source material at all. Druckmann was heavily involved in the production of TLoU TV series, however, and it seems like it's pretty much going to follow the story beats of the games 1:1.

It depends how much you want to get out of it really. The show got the point across but it was pretty condensed and therefore didn't pull you in and get you emtionally involved as much as the game.

What this dude said.

As far as story immersion is concerned a movie or tv series can never pull you in and immerse you in the world like how a game or a book can.

That's why I say movies and Tv are shallow.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rewatched the episode and it was fine, I'll keep watching since there isn't anything much better worth watching.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I get what you're saying, but you can't take that for granted every time without missing out. I can mention examples of movie/tv adaptations that very much so lived up to the book(s) and also, at the top of my head, at least one example where the tv series exeeded the books (Dexter).
I get you but I've made the mistake of following your exact logic and watching countless tv/movie adaptations and I always end up regretting watching.

Recent example is this...read George R Martin's A Game of Thrones ages ago in the 90's and loved it...later on the tv series got enough hype that I watched a few episodes and hated the series...I went on to read the remaining books up to A Dance With Dragons and loved the books with the exception of A Feasf for Crows.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rewatched the episode and it was fine, I'll keep watching since there isn't anything much better worth watching.
If you like Constantine-style dark fantasy settings, I'd highly recommend The Sandman on Netflix. People mostly stopped talking about it after the release of Wednesday, but IMO it's the far better show, with CGI on par with big budget movies and fantastic actors and writing.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh Sandman series is fantastic. Shame some people also complained about it being woke or whatever. But hey, most people are dumb. Black Death is so pretty imo.
The "anti-woke" crowd is absolutely insufferable, to the point where if they whine about something I can reliably take it as a positive recommendation. I just thank god they weren't around when Samus was first revealed to be a woman.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they weren't around when Samus was first revealed to be a woman.
What's the big deal with that? Why should that matter? It's a female character, end of story.

When I was a kid I thought Zelda was the guy with the sword, but turns out that was Link. And I used to think the green guy from Halo was named Halo. :P

Master Chief sounds way better. 😅

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal with that? Why should that matter? It's a female character, end of story.
Exactly, just including any female or non-white character these days automatically equals woke somehow, and god forbid they're one of the main characters. I've even seen some of that crowd calling Elden Ring woke, FFS. Always worth a laugh when something they hate goes on to become massively popular and/or successful, which tends to happen more often than not.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
They did screw it up with the very first character.
Sarah in the game is a blond haired white girl.
In the show they went PC and put a arfo black girl.
Everyone else is good so why did they screw up Sarah so badly?
Im wondering whos next to get screwed up and PC changed.
Im surprised Joel is a man and not a black woman.
Thats the way the world has gone.
Post automatically merged:

As for the rest of the episode they did a good job. The car driving part through the city i was unsure that was gameplay or actual driving footage it looked so alike.

If you want a spoiler just play the game, the stories are the same which is great.

I didnt have a problem with anything else in the show. It was a good copy of the game and only changed for real life acting.

Anyone who complained isnt a gamer and never played the game.

If they complained about Sarah they have every right. Shes the only character screwed up so far.
shut the fuck up lol

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did screw it up with the very first character.
Sarah in the game is a blond haired white girl.
In the show they went PC and put a arfo black girl.
Everyone else is good so why did they screw up Sarah so badly?
Im wondering whos next to get screwed up and PC changed.
Im surprised Joel is a man and not a black woman.
Thats the way the world has gone.
Post automatically merged:

As for the rest of the episode they did a good job. The car driving part through the city i was unsure that was gameplay or actual driving footage it looked so alike.

If you want a spoiler just play the game, the stories are the same which is great.

I didnt have a problem with anything else in the show. It was a good copy of the game and only changed for real life acting.

Anyone who complained isnt a gamer and never played the game.

If they complained about Sarah they have every right. Shes the only character screwed up so far.
Save the rant for 4chan buddy. We don't care.

So far, everyone is the best for their role and so well done. Doesn't matter beyond that. Sarah alone was written and acted well. That's the only significance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto