HBO shares first footage of its 'The Last Of Us' TV series

hbo tlou.JPG

A live-action TV series adaptation of the video game The Last of Us was announced by HBO in 2020 and last year, the main cast was announced. However, we haven't had a proper look at the series until now. HBO Max aired a new video with snippets of shows upcoming to its streaming service and it features the very first public footage of The Last of Us TV series (starting at 1:40).

While it's a short teaser, it gives an idea about how the main cast look like in character. The video also mentions that the series will air sometime next year. Craig Mazin is responsible for the script and executive production along with Neil Druckmann for The Last of Us TV series.

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I always go into video-based media with a lot of skepticism towards the quality. It always seems like most of the media is made by someone who either didn’t play the games or didn’t understand what people enjoyed about the games.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no specific complaints, but video game adaptations are always* dog shit and this will be no exception.

*The only exception for me is the original Super Mario Bros movie, which I absolutely love. So feel free to disregard this post altogether as I'm sure that disqualifies me from having an opinion here.
To be fair considering what the new SMB movie is probably going to be like upon release, its going to make the original and the live action look like beautiful works of art in comparison.

Does it count when the controversy/backlash is pretty well-known and widespread, though?

And yeah, don't care for TLoU (and especially not 2, fuck that pointless shit; first game never needed a sequel), but after HBO removed 30 or so shows from its streaming service, stopped the production of DVDs, deleted their own YouTube videos of said shows, and stuff...yeah, screw off, HBO, go die in a hole.

Also this. People complaining about spoilers now after a game that has been released 2 years ago and its backlash being well known enough that people who never even played the games know of it already, its not really a spoiler anymore unless you live under a rock or actively avoid the use of the internet.

Oh and spoiler alert: Link Defeats Ganon at the end. Hope this does not ruin literally every single Zelda game for you all out there.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.