Homebrew The eye of Nintendo

Olida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So freakyhax released not too long ago here and on Reddit/4chan.

It was pulled mere hours after the announcement by Plutoo.

How can we hide from the eye of sauron /Nintendo for the next big release to the public without compromising the hax and allowing for the longest possible grace period for users to apply the future hax or exploit?

TLDR: Nintendo See's all. Let's come up with a method to hide.

Reactions: Treflex

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
So freakyhax released not too long ago here and on Reddit/4chan.

It was pulled mere hours after the announcement by Plutoo.

How can we hide from the eye of sauron /Nintendo for the next big release to the public without compromising the hax and allowing for the longest possible grace period for users to apply the future hax or exploit?

TLDR: Nintendo See's all. Let's come up with a method to hide.
You can always buy the card version.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
even if you posted it somehwere hidden from outsides (like a forum which requires an account to read threads)
it will be spreaded by other people...
someone will tweet about it, and even hash tag it with loads of hashtags..
or there will be new websites telling about it etc...

Reactions: DinohScene

Olida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inevitability finding out is a given. I'm talking about delaying the inevitable. Or giving fair warning before releases

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We could try the "ninja releases" they did with the ps vita scene over at wololo.net: new exploits are only first released to subscribers of their forum days before it's announced on the website so that users are given some time to obtain the exploited game(s); however, eventually it will still become known to the public.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, there is no need to hide things. Secrecy causes other issues. Having a community as open as we are is why the 3DS is so successful as a homebrew platform - Vita homebrew is kinda deadish atm.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
if you find a kernal exploit you should not give it to the public cause then it will work forever and nintedo will never patch it

hiroakihsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
release the exploit a week or so after giving us the name of the game.

That wouldn't work...Nintendo could find out and pull the game before the actual release happens (They pulled freakyforms mere hours after it was announced)

Honestly, there is no need to hide things. Secrecy causes other issues. Having a community as open as we are is why the 3DS is so successful as a homebrew platform - Vita homebrew is kinda deadish atm.

I think Vita homebrew isn't flourishing as well as 3DS because of various reasons...The vita isn't a popular device to begin with, and sony is a lot better at locking down exploits than nintendo is...However I don't think secrecy is really the problem here.

Reactions: sirocyl
D

Deleted-355425

That wouldn't work...Nintendo could find out and pull the game before the actual release happens (They pulled freakyforms mere hours after it was announced)

I think Vita homebrew isn't flourishing as well as 3DS because of various reasons...The vita isn't a popular device to begin with, and sony is a lot better at locking down exploits than nintendo is...However I don't think secrecy is really the problem here.

They pulled it because the exploit was released along side of the game name, they wont remove a game jut because someone said its a game to get because its exploitable, keep up lol.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
if you find a kernal exploit you should not give it to the public cause then it will work forever and nintedo will never patch it
kernel.

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country

I don't think they'd pull the game without there being an exploit though. That way, anyone could get a game pulled by announcing they have an exploit.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

hiroakihsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They pulled it because the exploit was released along side of the game name, they wont remove a game jut because someone said its a game to get because its exploitable, keep up lol.

Who says they won't in the future? They can always temporarily remove it immediately after exploit is announced, and then put it back up later.

But then again, nintendo isn't as smart as sony when it comes to these kinds of things, so who knows, they may not be smart enough to remove it early.

Reactions: Joel16
D

Deleted-355425

Who says they won't in the future?

But then again, nintendo isn't as smart as sony when it comes to these kinds of things, so who knows, they may not be smart enough to remove it early.

LOL <--thats all im going to say.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Who says they won't in the future?

.... Then I'll just start naming random games and saying they're exploitable. Ofc Nintendo will remove them from the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?