Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Juuibi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for gecko dnet or jgeckou how do you make it so the value doen't change?
im trying to make a code for hyrule warriors to stay in magic mode, but i dont know how to make the time not go down

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i just bought a Wiiu and want to install the homebrew channel and plan to use Emulators and want to use the Tokyo Mirage FE patch. What SD card do i need. as i understand it i need an SDHC card but i have also seen posts mentioning the need for an additional adapter. can someone clarify what exactly i need. e.g. would this suffice http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3434848/Trail/searchtext>SDHC.htm

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just bought a Wiiu and want to install the homebrew channel and plan to use Emulators and want to use the Tokyo Mirage FE patch. What SD card do i need. as i understand it i need an SDHC card but i have also seen posts mentioning the need for an additional adapter. can someone clarify what exactly i need. e.g. would this suffice http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3434848/Trail/searchtext>SDHC.htm
Yeah that should work. Most people recommend Class 10, but it probably doesn't make a difference. Just make sure to format it to FAT32 and 32k or 64k.

I'd recommend instead to buy a microsd card of 64GB, since I've found ones that are the same price or even cheaper than the one you listed. SD cards tend to be more expensive than microSD (and more devices use microSD now a days. If you do get one, make sure to but one with an SD adapter, since you'll need it for it to work on the WiiU.

Reactions: Celtic_spike

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that should work. Most people recommend Class 10, but it probably doesn't make a difference. Just make sure to format it to FAT32 and 32k or 64k.

I'd recommend instead to buy a microsd card of 64GB, since I've found ones that are the same price or even cheaper than the one you listed. SD cards tend to be more expensive than microSD (and more devices use microSD now a days. If you do get one, make sure to but one with an SD adapter, since you'll need it for it to work on the WiiU.

Are microSD and SDXC completely separate things. when i look for microSD cards to buy they mostly say SDXC but i have seen posts that the Wiiu only supports SDXC up to 4gb in FAT32
sorry for noob questions :)

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are microSD and SDXC completely separate things. when i look for microSD cards to buy they mostly say SDXC but i have seen posts that the Wiiu only supports SDXC up to 4gb in FAT32
sorry for noob questions :)
SDXC just refers to the amount of storage. As a general rule, SD = 2GB or less, SDHC = 4-32GB, and SDXC = 64GB or higher.

SDXC aren't natively supported, but there are ways to get them to work. Since FAT32 is required for them to work, you can format SDXC cards to FAT32 using special programs. I recommend the program called "guiformat" (search on google for it, it should be easy to find). Also, make sure to set the allocation unit size to either 32K or 64K.

Here's a list of some good bang-for-buck cards that will work with Loadiine GX2 as well as vWii:

Each card has their own differing speeds, although they shouldn't affect much in terms of actually using the cards to play. Loading games on to them though, will be affected by the speed.

Last edited by 7Robins,

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SDXC just refers to the amount of storage. As a general rule, SD = 2GB or less, SDHC = 4-32GB, and SDXC = 64GB or higher.

SDXC aren't natively supported, but there are ways to get them to work. Since FAT32 is required for them to work, you can format SDXC cards to FAT32 using special programs. I recommend the program called "guiformat" (search on google for it, it should be easy to find). Also, make sure to set the allocation unit size to either 32K or 64K.

Here's a list of some good bang-for-buck cards that will work with Loadiine GX2 as well as vWii:

Each card has their own differing speeds, although they shouldn't affect much in terms of actually using the cards to play. Loading games on to them though, will be affected by the speed.
Much Appreciated :)

Reactions: 7Robins

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but, i cannot find definitive package anymore, may i ask reupload for 4.1.0 kexploit file?

I just want to use wifi sdcard so i can do an "offline" kexploit.

Thanks in advance
The Definitive Package is dead. Use the Homebrew Launcher and compatible ELFs, found in the first post. You can still host them offline, it's just a different (more reliable) setup.

I'd also recommend the Homebrew App Store.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have the homebrew browser installed now. Do i need to hack the Vwii in order to get emulators or are there ones supported on the Wiiu homebrew.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, there are no good consumer ready emulators on WiiU. We can do a small amount of emulation using Virtual Console injection, but it's often buggy or unplayable.

Stick to vWii for emulation for now.

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am i correct to say i only need to have the update servers blocked when i use the homebrew via browser. i assume i can go on the e-shop and other stuff and only need to block the update servers before launching homebrew. or does it have some way of detecting previous use of homebrew

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am i correct to say i only need to have the update servers blocked when i use the homebrew via browser. i assume i can go on the e-shop and other stuff and only need to block the update servers before launching homebrew. or does it have some way of detecting previous use of homebrew

You need to block the nintendo servers to prevent an update, you don't need to worry about detecting previous use of homebrew....

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Rodrigo said, it's not detection that we're worried about, it's being updated (when there's a new FW released). Keep the servers blocked all the time. Use NUS Patcher to access the eShop while blocking.

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just bought wii u. Console has a 5.3.2e firmware out of the box.
I try to set up homebrew launcher. I tried to host files on my phone, i tried to use wiiubru. And every time when browser loaded 532 payload i see a black screen with some artifacts and wii u freezes.
I try to remove sd card from wii u. Without sdcard inserted i see the same black screen after loading browser exploit.
My sd card formatted with built in windows 7 tool into fat32 with 32kb claster.
Structure of my sdcard:
wiiu\apps\HBL\homebrew_launcher.elf
wiiu\apps\HBL\icon.png
wiiu\apps\HBL\meta.xml
wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\icon.png
wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\loadiine_gx2
wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\meta.xml
Am i doing something wrong? Or it's something wrong with my wii u? Any advices?
UPD: Exploit started to work after 50+ tries. Don't know why, but now i can load homebrew launcher without problems.

Last edited by Frieren,

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 5.3.2u system and a 5.5.1u system. Was never able to get online with the 5.3.2 system, but obviously can for now on the 5.5.1 system.

Is there anything I need to do online (for homebrew purposes) before a new firmware update eventually comes out, or can I keep the Wii U in my closet till I have another reason to bring it out?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 5.3.2u system and a 5.5.1u system. Was never able to get online with the 5.3.2 system, but obviously can for now on the 5.5.1 system.

Is there anything I need to do online (for homebrew purposes) before a new firmware update eventually comes out, or can I keep the Wii U in my closet till I have another reason to bring it out?
Block the update servers using DNS on both of them.

To set up DNS:
1. Open system settings.
2. Open internet settings.
3. Click Connect to the Internet.
4. Press X to go to Connections.
5. Click on your default connection.
6. Click Change Settings.
7. Click the right arrow and then click DNS.
8. When asked to Auto obtain DNS select Don't Auto obtain.
9. For Primary DNS enter: 104.236.072.203 (recommended) or, for Tubehax (which will not let you access YouTube) enter:107.211.140.065.
10. For Secondary, either enter 0.0.0.0 (which will make the Internet fail if either of the DNSes go down) or enter in the DNS you didn't use for Primary.
11. Select confirm and test the connection.
12. Exit settings, and try to access the eShop. If it fails, you set up the DNS correctly. From now on, you should see a red X on Download Manager every time you boot your Wii U. Ignore the "System Update" in the manager, that means your blocking updates. You should also now see a prompt like "Some data failed to download" every time you press the Home button and access the Home Menu.

You won't be able to access the eShop anymore.

Reactions: galneon

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but I already have the update servers blocked at the router level. What I mean is, is there anything I should get while I have access to the store? I was thinking along the lines of exploitable titles that could be useful in the future. I've been out of the scene for a while so I really don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol