Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
No,they stay the same constant unless you make your isp system renew your ip by changing your profile.

i was under the impresssion that a static IP was just that , to prevent the change upon down time (usually a paid for service). but i havent had (paid for) a static IP for 10 yrs.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to raise the Kernel exploit success ratio?
I think I get "Race attack failed. Go kill yourself with that nasty wrench." like 4 out of 5 times.

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to raise the Kernel exploit success ratio?
I think I get "Race attack failed. Go kill yourself with that nasty wrench." like 4 out of 5 times.
Open internet browser>exploit page>turn off wii u>power on>open browser>run exploit.. In this way I have higher chances, about 1 - 2 tries only..

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the unenviable position of purchasing a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe combo but instead of FW 5.3.2 it has FW 5.1.2 which means I have to look for games with packaged updates while carefully avoiding buying reprints. Unfortunately I don't live in the USA (Australia) a place which sells consoles with PAL region games. I want to buy Yoshi's Woolly World and update offline via. the game. However since it's months since it's been released I am wary of picking up a reprint with firmware > 5.3.2 on it. Is there any sure way of telling which PAL region Yoshi's Woolly World games are not reprints? Do games that came packaged with Amiibos (that came out on release) come with the 5.3.2 update as well? Should I just buy one off eBay and cross my fingers and hope for the best that I receive a 5.3.2 FW game?

I have been through a big struggle to get 5.3.2. I had purchased a bundle with 5.3.2 but auto-updating meant when the machine was off it updated to 5.5.0. I then sent the WiiU back to the equivalent of Walmart (it had been under a week and exchanging it took over two hours) and got a new one. Unfortunately this MK8 deluxe bundle had FW 5.1.2 installed so now I'm on this journey...

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the unenviable position of purchasing a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe combo but instead of FW 5.3.2 it has FW 5.1.2 which means I have to look for games with packaged updates while carefully avoiding buying reprints. Unfortunately I don't live in the USA (Australia) a place which sells consoles with PAL region games. I want to buy Yoshi's Woolly World and update offline via. the game. However since it's months since it's been released I am wary of picking up a reprint with firmware > 5.3.2 on it. Is there any sure way of telling which PAL region Yoshi's Woolly World games are not reprints? Do games that came packaged with Amiibos (that came out on release) come with the 5.3.2 update as well? Should I just buy one off eBay and cross my fingers and hope for the best that I receive a 5.3.2 FW game?

I have been through a big struggle to get 5.3.2. I had purchased a bundle with 5.3.2 but auto-updating meant when the machine was off it updated to 5.5.0. I then sent the WiiU back to the equivalent of Walmart (it had been under a week and exchanging it took over two hours) and got a new one. Unfortunately this MK8 deluxe bundle had FW 5.1.2 installed so now I'm on this journey...

But if you want to use the IOSU exploit (which is the one worth waiting for) then you are in the perfect position! I'm the same as you, I'm on 5.1.2 thanks to the update on the Mario Kart 8 game I got with mine. How long it is until the IOSU exploit is released is the only unknown at this point!?

Reactions: juzz0

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think many would actually find your position quite enviable, as they are above 5.3.2 and are unable to return their console lol.

I haven't heard of a reprint of a PAL YWW yet. And unless I'm mistaken, I thought the PAL copies don't have the version # above the UPC like USA so it might not be as easy to tell from the back of the game case.

On a related note.. They release games based on language, right? So what are the options...
  • USA
  • EUR
  • JAP
  • GER
  • ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if you want to use the IOSU exploit (which is the one worth waiting for) then you are in the perfect position! I'm the same as you, I'm on 5.1.2 thanks to the update on the Mario Kart 8 game I got with mine. How long it is until the IOSU exploit is released is the only unknown at this point!?
Note that Hykem also is working on an IOSU Exploit which he plans on porting all the way up through the latest FW.

The one that is recommended to stay under 5.2.0 for is being developed by naehrwert.

Neither has a recent update status or ETA for release.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fiveighteen, so picked up that old Wii and the box has 2012/2013 dates on it, so obviously its under 5.2 fw.
If Xmas time comes around and no IOSU hack is released, I still wanted to let the kids play w it.
Assuming I never connect it online, can I install the hacks to play old Wii backups and such, or does that possibly mess up the upcoming IOSU? I had a chipped Wii a long time ago, and sorta knew how to install those wad files and such, but I'm rusty now. :-P

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we have our own (AU/AUS). One seller on eBay sent me a number for the game but it's not the UPC, I think they do include them (3DS PAL games included them on the packaging and cart). If anyone on the boards is in a PAL region and knows what update the original prints of YWW contain feel free to let us all know. I could probably hold on for another month if an IOSU exploit is on the way but Loadiine is tempting and that's where my endeavours have been focused.

Edit: I have found this number vertical next to the left of the barcode: 99157 17 00 does that tell me anything?

Other than that: WUP P AYCP and beneath it TBA-WUP-AYCP-AUS

Last edited by juzz0,
Reactions: mark.m.moran

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fiveighteen, so picked up that old Wii and the box has 2012/2013 dates on it, so obviously its under 5.2 fw.
If Xmas time comes around and no IOSU hack is released, I still wanted to let the kids play w it.
Assuming I never connect it online, can I install the hacks to play old Wii backups and such, or does that possibly mess up the upcoming IOSU? I had a chipped Wii a long time ago, and sorta knew how to install those wad files and such, but I'm rusty now. :-P
It's been a long time since I've messed with any Wii stuff as well. I haven't even touched my vWii on the Wii U. From what I do know, however:
1) You can install hacks/USB loader to vWii.
2) vWii side uses IOS, while Wii U side uses IOSU. Two independent things.
3) Some things have changed when it comes to installing custom IOS and WADs that can brick your vWii side of things if you install them. You'd have to read up on that before attempting to softmod it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think we have our own (AU/AUS). One seller on eBay sent me a number for the game but it's not the UPC, I think they do include them (3DS PAL games included them on the packaging and cart). If anyone on the boards is in a PAL region and knows what update the original prints of YWW contain feel free to let us all know. I could probably hold on for another month if an IOSU exploit is on the way but Loadiine is tempting and that's where my endeavours have been focused.

Edit: I have found this number vertical next to the left of the barcode: 99157 17 00 does that tell me anything?

USA: (Super Smash Bros. example)

EUR: (Mario Kart 8 example)

Looks like we need some PALs (see what I did there?) with YWW on 5.3.2 to report what number their game case has. (Maybe for PAL it's the Art.-Nr.)

Last edited by fiveighteen,

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be of great assistance! It looks like the packaging is similar to the EUR (not surprising since both are PAL region). Interesting to compare the MK8 game casing to the YWW casing. I'm hoping "00" and 'A' mean originals instead of other numbers like "02" and letters like 'T'. Or do they mean nothing?

Edit: This is an image from an eBay listing, sorry for the bad quality but I had to squint my eyes to make out the code as well! WWYD bite the bullet and test it out (the seller on eBay told me he purchased it pretty much as soon as it came out) or not risk it and wait? Throughout this I'm assuming there is no way to tell what WiiU update it's installing until it's completed.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by juzz0,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be of great assistance! It looks like the packaging is similar to the EUR (not surprising since both are PAL region). Interesting to compare the MK8 game casing to the YWW casing. I'm hoping "00" and 'A' mean originals instead of other numbers like "02" and letters like 'T'. Or do they mean nothing?

Edit: This is an image from an eBay listing, sorry for the bad quality but I had to squint my eyes to make out the code as well! WWYD bite the bullet and test it out (the seller on eBay told me he purchased it pretty much as soon as it came out) or not risk it and wait? Throughout this I'm assuming there is no way to tell what WiiU update it's installing until it's completed.
I'd give it some time to see if users help you out and post their game case numbers to see if they correlate. If you don't get any help, I'd bite the bullet and try it since I haven't heard of a reprinted PAL disc and they said they bought it close to release anyways.

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this a pre-release or something? Both the box and disc case with my Amiibo bundle had barcodes on them and they didn't say "not for individual sale".

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a pre-release or something? Both the box and disc case with my Amiibo bundle had barcodes on them and they didn't say "not for individual sale".

Nope, just the game case that came inside the box. I had the Skylanders 3DS portal that came with the game and that has 'not for individual sale' as well on it. Nobody pays attention though. It's the Australian way. I think we have laws that multi-pack or bundled items legally can't be resold as parts. So manufacturers and companies are forced to brand products within a pack NFIS. But when you are five years old you are sold chocolate frogs in NFIS wrapping with it on at the school canteen so nobody cares, let alone listing it on eBay for resale etc.

Jah Nix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Don't know where in Aus you are but I had no trouble walking into Big W/JB HiFi/EB Games and asked them when they took delivery of the units - The EB and KMart at Greensborough still had sky lander bundles LOL (probably gonna get another cause I wanna pull the drive out...)!!!

All three had Splatoon bundles (with a disc not download) so I just went with that...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know where in Aus you are but I had no trouble walking into Big W/JB HiFi/EB Games and asked them when they took delivery of the units - The EB and KMart at Greensborough still had sky lander bundles LOL (probably gonna get another cause I wanna pull the drive out...)!!!

All three had Splatoon bundles (with a disc not download) so I just went with that...
He's not looking for a bundle, he's looking for comparisons on Yoshi's Wooly World to make sure he can get one with 5.3.2.

Jah Nix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
He's not looking for a bundle, he's looking for comparisons on Yoshi's Wooly World to make sure he can get one with 5.3.2.

AhhhhSooo... My bad for misreading!! In that case I'd do the 2nd hand bin at JB HiFi and EB Games - We are a bit lucky over here as most shops are selling "new" stock that was delivered months ago! The only hassle is that most games are pulled from the cases over here so you might not get the one you see on the shelf...

When I get home I'll take a photo or list my YWW disc details (5.3.2) bought release day.

Last edited by Jah Nix,

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any chance of loadlline for 3.1.0e i really don't want to update because of a possible IOSUhack i dunno why i bought these new wiiu games that are higher firmware should i sell them ?

they are super smash bros u and yoshi wolly world ?

Last edited by hbk2004v1,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any chance of loadlline for 3.1.0e i really don't want to update because of a possible IOSUhack i dunno why i bought these new wiiu games that are higher firmware should i sell them ?

they are super smash bros u and yoshi wolly world ?
Nope. You're either forced to pick between Loadiine and waiting for naehrwert's IOSU hack, or you can have Loadiine and Hykem's future IOSU hack. To each their own.

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. You're either forced to pick between Loadiine and waiting for naehrwert's IOSU hack, or you can have Loadiine and Hykem's future IOSU hack. To each their own.

ok that's fine i will wait for IOSU hack , but will i require them games at all ?

so you are saying even if i update to 5.3.2 theres going to be a iosu hack for that version in the future ?

Last edited by hbk2004v1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work