Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know why Homebrew Loader's feature of not being required to run the kernel exploit before launching it, doesn't work on 5.5.1?

I'm using 5.5.1 with TubeHax DNS and I am hosting the files with XAMPP (already had it setup for other stuff) and if I use the HBL 1.2 RC3 web files and go to the link, it simply freezes my console on a white screen forever, every single time. I've tried clearing data and cookies, but it does nothing.

If I run the kernel exploit beforehand, it launches fine. Honestly, I fail to see how this feature works at all. The web files seemingly only include payloads that are simply used to launch HBL and the PHP files are identical to those found in every other homebrew application, with no changes to first load the exploit...

Last edited by AdmiralSpeedy,

Eva Unit-04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there way currently to add gecko cheat codes to the wii u eshop xenoblade chronicles? Can't load gecko 1.9.3.1 on the wii u homebrew.(not the virtual wii menu homebrew,but the homebrew on the wii u channel)

Pransaculass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really think there's something obvious I'm missing but I can't seem to get TCPGecko to work on 5.5.1.
These are the steps I'm taking:
1. Open loadiine.ovh in my Wii U Web Browser and run TCPGecko + Kernal 5.5.1
2. Let that run and take me back to suspended mode
3. Reopen the browser and go back to loadiine.ovh to let the second part load
4. Once it goes back to suspended mode I go to my computer, open TCPGecko (Gecko dNet.exe) and try to connect using the IP I got from activating dev tools in the Wii U browser settings.

But it doesn't connect. Gecko dNet.exe has all the privileges it needs, I run as admin, I tried connecting before I open the game, after I open the game, I followed the instructions METICULOUSLY and it isn't working. One thing to note is that the game I'm trying to run, Hyrule Warriors, asks for an update before it runs but I don't let it because it needs to be on 1.8. Does stopping the update disconnect my Wii U from the router or something? What am I doing wrong? If this is an obvious fix I'm going to slap someone.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think there's something obvious I'm missing but I can't seem to get TCPGecko to work on 5.5.1.
These are the steps I'm taking:
1. Open loadiine.ovh in my Wii U Web Browser and run TCPGecko + Kernal 5.5.1
2. Let that run and take me back to suspended mode
3. Reopen the browser and go back to loadiine.ovh to let the second part load
4. Once it goes back to suspended mode I go to my computer, open TCPGecko (Gecko dNet.exe) and try to connect using the IP I got from activating dev tools in the Wii U browser settings.

But it doesn't connect. Gecko dNet.exe has all the privileges it needs, I run as admin, I tried connecting before I open the game, after I open the game, I followed the instructions METICULOUSLY and it isn't working. One thing to note is that the game I'm trying to run, Hyrule Warriors, asks for an update before it runs but I don't let it because it needs to be on 1.8. Does stopping the update disconnect my Wii U from the router or something? What am I doing wrong? If this is an obvious fix I'm going to slap someone.
Restart your computer, then only open "gecko dNet.exe" when the game has started running (such as the main menu). Have you set gecko dNet.exe as an Allowed App in Windows Firewall (or equivalent)?

Pransaculass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Restart your computer, then only open "gecko dNet.exe" when the game has started running (such as the main menu). Have you set gecko dNet.exe as an Allowed App in Windows Firewall (or equivalent)?

OK this is weird... I tried using the cheat program designed specifically for Xenoblade Chronicles X and it worked. It connected and I successfully poked in resources. I have no idea why it isn't working with the original TCP Gecko program.

EDIT: I also didn't allow the XCX program in any firewall or antivirus, it just worked.

Last edited by Pransaculass,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK this is weird... I tried using the cheat program designed specifically for Xenoblade Chronicles X and it worked. It connected and I successfully poked in resources. I have no idea why it isn't working with the original TCP Gecko program.

EDIT: I also didn't allow the XCX program in any firewall or antivirus, it just worked.
I've heard of people getting one but not the other to work a few times before as well. No clue what the differences are or why that is possible. :\

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I have a retail disc of Super Mario Maker. Currently I use Tubehax to block updates so that I can use Loadiine but I really want to be able to play my retail version of Super Mario Maker online. Is it ok to temporarily disable Tubehax to update my game? Thank you.

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
I've a little problem.
I used wiibru.com now to load the hbl, without problems, all went fine. ddd and loadine and other apps, all fine.
But I want host the explot on my server, used the AIO-Package and each time the wiiu freeze if I want to load hbl or otther things.
The thing is, wiibru works perfectly now - no freeze. So what are my options to host an also successfull explot on my server?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I have a retail disc of Super Mario Maker. Currently I use Tubehax to block updates so that I can use Loadiine but I really want to be able to play my retail version of Super Mario Maker online. Is it ok to temporarily disable Tubehax to update my game? Thank you.
Update with WUP Installer. Check the first post.

Reactions: PsychoticDust

renbe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm fairly new to this and I have tried searching this forum as much as possible. I am trying to use the exploit via wiiubru.com --- I have successfully got into homebrew 3 times out of the last 200 tries or so. I had read that once you get in every time after that it should work for the most part. But I'm about to pull my fucking hair out. I feel like I'm going to break my Wii with having to restart it so many times. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Any ideas and suggestions would be great. There just simply has to be a better way. Thanks!!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm fairly new to this and I have tried searching this forum as much as possible. I am trying to use the exploit via wiiubru.com --- I have successfully got into homebrew 3 times out of the last 200 tries or so. I had read that once you get in every time after that it should work for the most part. But I'm about to pull my fucking hair out. I feel like I'm going to break my Wii with having to restart it so many times. Maybe I'm not doing something right? Any ideas and suggestions would be great. There just simply has to be a better way. Thanks!!
Move your Wii U closer to the router. Try self-hosting. Try a soft-reset between tries for good luck. Clear your cookies/cache.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try loadiine.ovh

renbe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Move your Wii U closer to the router. Try self-hosting. Try a soft-reset between tries for good luck. Clear your cookies/cache.

Right after I posted this I tried it again and it worked. I have a hard wired connection so closer to the router wouldn't matter. Soft resets is what I was doing in between. Well a mix of those and just pulling the plug. I read that if you cleared the cookies/cache then it's basically like starting all over again. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Try loadiine.ovh
Do I need to move around any of the files on the SD for that site or just run as is?

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right after I posted this I tried it again and it worked. I have a hard wired connection so closer to the router wouldn't matter. Soft resets is what I was doing in between. Well a mix of those and just pulling the plug. I read that if you cleared the cookies/cache then it's basically like starting all over again. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Do I need to move around any of the files on the SD for that site or just run as is?
Just run it as it is it is.

Pransaculass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still completely unable to get 'Gecko dNet.exe' to connect to my WiiU for Hyrule Warriors. I followed all the steps I listed in reply #3182 but it doesn't work. I tried both the TCPGeckoClient and XCXGecko in Xenoblade Chronicles X and they both connected to XCX, but the TCPGeckoClient wont connect to Hyrule Warriors for whatever reason. Any possible fixes? the .exe already has all the privileges it needs in my antivirus and I run it as admin.

Last edited by Pransaculass,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch