Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh god, if that's what you're waiting for, take a hike. Not happening!
It will, probably. Just not for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

TravixMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine and the Kernel Exploit work with 5.4.0, or would I have to update to 5.5.1? I want to work on both Smash Wii U and MK8 mods.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine and the Kernel Exploit work with 5.4.0, or would I have to update to 5.5.1? I want to work on both Smash Wii U and MK8 mods.
Compatibility should be equal through the Homebrew Launcher. Link me to this 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine?

TravixMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility should be equal through the Homebrew Launcher. Link me to this 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine?
Here's the link to the 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine: https://github.com/MrRean/Cafiine-410-551

I read further into that, and found that it works from versions 4.1.0 to 5.5.1. I was thinking if it would work with the newest kernel exploit from Loadiine's website, as it said 5.5.0-5.5.1 for Cafiine and kernel. For what you mean by the compatibility being equal through the Homebrew Launcher, do you mean that both Cafiine and the kernel exploit would work with 5.4.0, even if they say 5.5.0-5.5.1 on Loadiine? Forgive me if my sentence is confusing.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the link to the 5.5.0-5.5.1 version of Cafiine: https://github.com/MrRean/Cafiine-410-551

I read further into that, and found that it works from versions 4.1.0 to 5.5.1. I was thinking if it would work with the newest kernel exploit from Loadiine's website, as it said 5.5.0-5.5.1 for Cafiine and kernel. For what you mean by the compatibility being equal through the Homebrew Launcher, do you mean that both Cafiine and the kernel exploit would work with 5.4.0, even if they say 5.5.0-5.5.1 on Loadiine? Forgive me if my sentence is confusing.
I mean that if you use the Homebrew Launcher, everything that works on 4.1.0 should work on 5.3.2 and 5.5.1, etc. But it is an ELF launcher, and as far as I know, there is not a Cafiine ELF that has been created yet. I haven't seen @MrRean around lately but maybe he or someone else who reads this would be interested in making it into an ELF for the HBL.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just purchased a new Wii U. Don't want to mess anything up.

It currently has 1.0.3 U installed. Guide says I should update to 3.0.0 and stay there, but I can't find any games that come with 3.0.0 (it did come with Super Mario 3D World which should have 3.1.0).

For best compatibility, it looks like I'd want at least 5.3.2.

Is there currently a good reason I don't want to connect to the internet and let it install 5.5.1?

Thanks!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just purchased a new Wii U. Don't want to mess anything up.

It currently has 1.0.3 U installed. Guide says I should update to 3.0.0 and stay there, but I can't find any games that come with 3.0.0 (it did come with Super Mario 3D World which should have 3.1.0).

For best compatibility, it looks like I'd want at least 5.3.2.

Is there currently a good reason I don't want to connect to the internet and let it install 5.5.1?

Thanks!
Update to 5.1.2 if you can. And no, there is literally no good reason to update to 5.5.1

Reactions: Philourer

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 5.1.2 if you can. And no, there is literally no good reason to update to 5.5.1
Thanks. Found a post where someone with Super Mario 3D World in a red case had the 5.1.2 update (vs the older blue case that had 3.1.0). Mine was in a red case and it did indeed update to 5.1.2.

Can I assume if something says it's compatible with 5.1.0 (such as Homebrew Launcher) then it'll work with 5.1.2?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Found a post where someone with Super Mario 3D World in a red case had the 5.1.2 update (vs the older blue case that had 3.1.0). Mine was in a red case and it did indeed update to 5.1.2.

Can I assume if something says it's compatible with 5.1.0 (such as Homebrew Launcher) then it'll work with 5.1.2?
Correct. Homebrew Launcher should be fully compatible, and you're still below the 5.2.0 threshold of an "easy" IOSU exploit (assuming it ever gets released)

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Homebrew Launcher should be fully compatible, and you're still below the 5.2.0 threshold of an "easy" IOSU exploit (assuming it ever gets released)
Ok, I installed Mongoose and can access it from the Wii U. Homebrew Launcher v1.2 RC3 files are in the correct place. Going to the site (192.160.0.3:8080) does nothing. I tried loading payload500.html, got an outline of a rectangle. I can click it and then the page is completely blank. Edited the index.html and changed versionNumber == "3.0.3.12.12" to 3.0.3.12.14. Now I can load index.html (via 192.168.0.3:8080 or 192.168.0.3:8080/index.html) and it automatically forwards to payload500.html, that rectangle outline flashes and then goes completely blank.

Is there a different version of Homebrew Launcher I should be using?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I installed Mongoose and can access it from the Wii U. Homebrew Launcher v1.2 RC3 files are in the correct place. Going to the site (192.160.0.3:8080) does nothing. I tried loading payload500.html, got an outline of a rectangle. I can click it and then the page is completely blank. Edited the index.html and changed versionNumber == "3.0.3.12.12" to 3.0.3.12.14. Now I can load index.html (via 192.168.0.3:8080 or 192.168.0.3:8080/index.html) and it automatically forwards to payload500.html, that rectangle outline flashes and then goes completely blank.

Is there a different version of Homebrew Launcher I should be using?
@fiveighteen, this one's yours. I've just always used the websites

Reactions: fiveighteen

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fyi, I did try wiiubru.com first, same blank page. I can access the site from my laptop, so I know it's working.

I think 5.1.2 may not be supported after all.
Again, can't answer this. I've been at 5.3.2 for as long as it's been out and I don't want to advise you to update further than you have to. Wait for fiveighteen to get back to you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol