Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
justinrocks123 said:
Hey would i be possiple to take out most of the videos so i can make it smaller so it can fit on my 2gb flash drive.

Hmmm... I don't know how much space that would save. Assuming the Variable to Skip movies works when set to on. It could possibly work?

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause i know but not sure how but. Some people took out the videos rockband acdc and it made the game smaller than 1 gb lol or less than 2 don't remember

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ben. said:
Hmmm... I don't know how much space that would save. Assuming the Variable to Skip movies works when set to on. It could possibly work?
The skip_movies flag does seem to skip mission briefings too, as well as the intro videos. If you choose to play the credits it does though, but I assume that in the normal course of the game it will not play any of the mission briefings or videos.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what does all this mean???

also i was going through first post and wtf is -
PSP ON
DISABLE_PSP OFF // PSP mode

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
is there an option to use wiispeak with anyone? or even to disable friend codes?
I saw nothing pertaining to Wiispeak or disabling friend codes (why would you want to do this?). I did see in the debug multiplayer menu a way to load friend codes from a text file...I'm unsure, but if it loads from SD, we might be able to load friend codes that way on this game, though that's not really a big deal.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
With a little bit more work, this could become the next team fortress.
unsure.gif

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
teq - You should update your first post with all the stuff that's been discovered.

I think I'll do that.

QUOTEI did see in the debug multiplayer menu a way to load friend codes from a text file...I'm unsure, but if it loads from SD, we might be able to load friend codes that way on this game, though that's not really a big deal.

Nice find. If people wanted to all join a game together, this would be quicker than typing friend codes in manually. The "follow friend" option works very well too, as you can play with friends of friends without having everyone's code.

EDIT: So, I was looking through things, and the most obvious item I've overlooked is the COLLISION variable.

Changing them to look as follows should enable wallhacking:

COLLISION 1 0 255 255 // No-Climb
COLLISION 2 0 255 255 // Grass
COLLISION 3 0 255 255 // Gravel
COLLISION 5 0 255 255 // Wood (Rough) - half of Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 6 0 255 255 // Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 7 0 255 255 // Stone
COLLISION 10 0 255 255 // Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 11 0 255 255 // Metal (Hollow) - half of Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 12 0 255 255 // Glass

It's nice to play around with, but please don't use it in multplayer, as the game already has a clipping issue.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think I know why we aren't getting any debug data onscreen.

Every GCS and GCM file has command line switches in them.

This is the header for what I believe is the main menu GCS:

CODEBGIB..................................................................edfedermeyer...........
............................I.....$..ny....-wii -quiet -disableerrors -nodefaultmaplights -noautomaticshadowreceivers -maxmodelsize 10.0 -maxedgelength 25.0 Maps\99_99.ent

I believe removing "-quiet" and "-disableerrors" will licit some results with debug text turned on. Repeat this for every file and it should work.

The "-wii" switch is a bit of a mystery. Removing this might enable other controllers to be used, but it might also crash the Wii. You might want to test this one on the Dolphin emulator first.

Now, if only we could unpack these files. Anyone have a clue as to what BGIB could be?

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might consider burning a disk of the conduit (I already bought the game to support HVS) if this unlocked multiplayer menu and sd FC code list actually works...

but why did you guys have to tell the world of how it's possible to change the values of materials?

... i don't want wallhackers in the game, and you could have kept it to yourselves...

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
I might consider burning a disk of the conduit (I already bought the game to support HVS) if this unlocked multiplayer menu and sd FC code list actually works...

but why did you guys have to tell the world of how it's possible to change the values of materials?

... i don't want wallhackers in the game, and you could have kept it to yourselves...

People are going to find these things out eventually, whats the point of attempting to keep it a secret? You have to remember, knowledge by any means is meant to be shared. If we tried to have foresight into how everything will be used, we'd have nothing.

Besides, as I mentioned, the game already has a clipping issue. You can shoot and target people through walls.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to wii scrubber
tongue.gif
so I need to know how to put the CDGame.txt back into the iso? I already extracted it, how do I put it back in? Also, I've read over some of it CODEPSP ON
DISABLE_PSP OFF

What does that mean?

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume these have to be thin walls and you walk close up to them?
And I am interested in looking into these archives but by no means I am able to. I don't have the skill =P Hopefully someone will come along though.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not like this discovery will be towards the progress of a fair game. I'd rather it stay unhacked for longer than a week after its release...

even if it's full of exploitable bugs, making the game more exploitable with hacks does not make it better.

other than that, I fully support the efforts to improve this game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc