Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I have the file all sorted out to test, just got to put it back in the ISO, teq, I'm using wiiscrubber, is it possible to put it back in? Or replace it?

EDIT: Ok, replaced it... Does that mean it's in the iso?

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Now, I have the file all sorted out to test, just got to put it back in the ISO, teq, I'm using wiiscrubber, is it possible to put it back in? Or replace it?

EDIT: Ok, replaced it... Does that mean it's in the iso?

Yes.

QUOTE said:
I assume these have to be thin walls and you walk close up to them?

No, this applies to any wall, from what I've seen.

it's not like this discovery will be towards the progress of a fair game. I'd rather it stay unhacked for longer than a week after its release...

even if it's full of exploitable bugs, making the game more exploitable with hacks does not make it better.

other than that, I fully support the efforts to improve this game

Well, what's worse, what I'm informing people of or people posting Ocarina cheats with unlimited ammo, invincibility, and all weapons (all of which work online)?

The latter exists, and is much easier to do than the former -- not that editing a text file and inserting it into the ISO is a big feat.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying any is easier or good, but it's neither benefit the general players of the game at all. many people would not understand the values of the materials in the config file, and now are able to. people would still find out never the less, but it wouldn't affect the rest of the people if they never told anyone.

hacking and cheating to win is bad and it ruins the game for those wanting to play normally, or do you want to change the game into a hack-only battlefield?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost done verifying, I'll test it out as soon as it's done, I turned on DEBUG_MULTIPLAYER, so I'll be able to host games?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, without sounding stupid because I haven't read the 11 pages... Is it now possible to add Friend Codes from a txt file from the sd?

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
hacking and cheating to win is bad and it ruins the game for those wanting to play normally, or do you want to change the game into a hack-only battlefield?
Is it bad? I suppose you would like to make cheating a crime, punishable by death LoL. The developers shouldn't have rushed the game out the release door.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheating offline is fine to do as long as it doesn't affect other people who actually want the game to be fair but nothing is illegal, it's only ruins the game and makes hackers look like douchebags.

it wan't the fault of the HVS that the game was rushed out with some glitches, you can thank the history of low quality SEGA games for that probably...

upon investigations, codes do exist for online. they were removed because the person who made it was responsible enough to take them off once realizing that they worked online. he posted a fake code instead to screw over those trying to hack the game. he is being responsible and is trying to make the codes work offline only and still be unable to be easily cracked to revert back to an online code. so this remains the only public way to cheat in the game

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question about the extra multiplayer tab. To add
friend codes you press friends, what do you have to name the txt code to and what order do the friend codes have to be in

Mine
Are
This
On
Each
Friend
Code

Is that the correct way? I'd also like to say that the glass modification for all objects doesn't work I think.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the Particles option in the file.

If I lower it to 512 does it make a really noticable difference during multiplayer?

I can't stand the framerate during MP.

Also, Is it better if I use wiiscrubber to get the file and put it back in? Or Shoud i use trucha.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
I'm not saying any is easier or good, but it's neither benefit the general players of the game at all. many people would not understand the values of the materials in the config file, and now are able to. people would still find out never the less, but it wouldn't affect the rest of the people if they never told anyone.

People that tend to cheat do so on their own merit, just as people who commit crimes do.

I'm just throwing the information out there -- what people do with it is their own business, end of story.

I thought it was a neat idea to be able to modify the collision detection. Now, I could have just as easily started off with bouncy surfaces, which I think could be done by setting the variables to negative values, but then you'd probably consider bunny hopping to be cheating too.

QUOTE said:
Is that the correct way? I'd also like to say that the glass modification for all objects doesn't work I think.

I don't know, I haven't tried it yet.

Regarding the Particles option in the file.

If I lower it to 512 does it make a really noticable difference during multiplayer?

I can't stand the framerate during MP.

Also, Is it better if I use wiiscrubber to get the file and put it back in? Or Shoud i use trucha.

Until I can enable the FPS counter, I won't really be able to tell what's going on, if anything.

You can try turning it to 0 and see if it's drastically improved.

I prefer Wiiscrubber, but Trucha should work as well.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hardly think a comparison could be made with cheating with a game and committing the crime. people don't worry about doing the first, since there are absolutely no consequences. If you could rob a bank and get away with it every time with no consequences, then millions of people would do so. people will do so like they would cheat on everything else, since there are no consequences. the worst that could happen is that people could remember the name of the person who cheated... but wait... you've figured out a way to change that too (not that that is bad or anything, but combined with cheating it would come in handy)

I don't care about the properties of materials, since it would have been a relatively overlooked set of values until it got explained to the public.

it's the only thing that the config file can cheat with (until someone else finds more ways to cheat with it) for now. if it was never brought up in the first place, hackers could go on their merry way making the game better without modifying the actual gameplay for unfair advantages and releasing it to the general population of hackers who don't care what their actions do.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone even tested the modified collision variables since teq mentioned them? Has it been verified that modification allows walk through walls/etc?

If not, you guys might be arguing about nothing!
smile.gif

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope so, but even if they exist, there could be work done to make them work, should they not obviously be changeable. then whoever puts work into making wallhacks possible should not release it to the public, or ruin the game for everyone else

Rivaplz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
I sure hope so, but even if they exist, there could be work done to make them work, should they not obviously be changeable. then whoever puts work into making wallhacks possible should not release it to the public, or ruin the game for everyone else

Isn't there a radar in the MP? If so whats the point of a wall hack?

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well will this allow online cheaters. Cause if it does it will be gay just a few days angaming;d cheaters online. Or will it be able to unlock stuff like follow friends friends. Friendcodes on sd ect. Lan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello