The complete kit for a DS Lite buyer...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by R2DJ, Feb 12, 2008.

Feb 12, 2008
  1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm planning to buy a new DS Lite to replace my old fat friend here. I'm not gonna abandon this fattie here to serve as backup. But I just can't resist it. I WANT A FRIGGIN' DS LITE!

Sorry bout that. So I wanna ask you. Aside from a new DS Lite and games (I have a DSTT and I'm happy with it), what else would you buy. Like screen protectors, spare styli, rumble pak and all that. I'm planning to get a higher capacity battery, some complete kit (you know, them ones with the DS bag, stylus, earphones and others) and maybe a protective case.

2. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Personally I use the retractable metal stylus. An external battery charger and haigher cap batteries. And a pop off battery cover so ya dont have to unscrew the cover every time. I don't know much about the DSTT (mines not arrived yet). I have three different Switch N Carry cases (two small, one large) and I put my two DS Lites in the small ones and thoose in the big one... works great

3. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    Get HORI screen protectors. Your DS will thank you.

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Alot of my friends have the crystal cases. Protects it from scratches and if you drop it the DS wont get hurt (the case might though [​IMG] ). Silicone skins are good but they don't give you the protection against accidental falls.

Rumble paks are novelties. Don't get one, you will never use it( I should know, I bought one [​IMG] )

5. xShinobi

Newcomer xShinobi Advanced Member

Australia
    For my DS Lite i use a clear cover with silicone inserts. It Looks better than just a clear case, but it still protects your DS Lite more than just a silicone skin. (Just My Opinion)

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    For me, I'm planning to get the metal retractable stylus, crystal case, a skin, and genuine hori screen protector.

You can get them at Dealextreme at a very cheap price.

7. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have extendable styli, a pen stylus, Hori and Capdase Screen Protectors, Hori Protect Filter for my Pikachu DS Lite (screen protectors, top part protection where the DS logo is, surrounding D-pad and button protection), silicon protection for my older DS lite, Capdase clear case for my Pikachu DS lite, EZ V 3-in-1 (to play GBA games to backup retail save games as rumble pak, extra memory for the DS browser), R4 (so I won't need to carry all 19+ retail games I own), Hori DS carry case, hip pouch DS lite carry case, DS lite microphone, DS and DS Lite capable external battery pack, tri-wing screwdriver, portable game case (fits 6 DS games + 1 stylus).

Frankly speaking I nowadays hardly use my pen stylus since I find the extendable ones good enough, but it's a matter of choice all of the other items I mentioned are recommended.

8. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Useless post, but i personally didn't get nothing for ds. I don't usually throw my stuff etc. so i didn't need any cases.
    I was considering screen protector, but didn't get one because i sold my ds. but i've one for psp, it's pretty usefull. So i recommend one for ds also.

9. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just my opinion, but dont get a crystal case, get a hard rubber case instead, its way more protective, and scratch resistant