Hacking The complete kit for a DS Lite buyer...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning to buy a new DS Lite to replace my old fat friend here. I'm not gonna abandon this fattie here to serve as backup. But I just can't resist it. I WANT A FRIGGIN' DS LITE!

Sorry bout that. So I wanna ask you. Aside from a new DS Lite and games (I have a DSTT and I'm happy with it), what else would you buy. Like screen protectors, spare styli, rumble pak and all that. I'm planning to get a higher capacity battery, some complete kit (you know, them ones with the DS bag, stylus, earphones and others) and maybe a protective case.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I use the retractable metal stylus. An external battery charger and haigher cap batteries. And a pop off battery cover so ya dont have to unscrew the cover every time. I don't know much about the DSTT (mines not arrived yet). I have three different Switch N Carry cases (two small, one large) and I put my two DS Lites in the small ones and thoose in the big one... works great

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Alot of my friends have the crystal cases. Protects it from scratches and if you drop it the DS wont get hurt (the case might though
tongue.gif
). Silicone skins are good but they don't give you the protection against accidental falls.

Rumble paks are novelties. Don't get one, you will never use it( I should know, I bought one
dry.gif
)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For me, I'm planning to get the metal retractable stylus, crystal case, a skin, and genuine hori screen protector.

You can get them at Dealextreme at a very cheap price.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have extendable styli, a pen stylus, Hori and Capdase Screen Protectors, Hori Protect Filter for my Pikachu DS Lite (screen protectors, top part protection where the DS logo is, surrounding D-pad and button protection), silicon protection for my older DS lite, Capdase clear case for my Pikachu DS lite, EZ V 3-in-1 (to play GBA games to backup retail save games as rumble pak, extra memory for the DS browser), R4 (so I won't need to carry all 19+ retail games I own), Hori DS carry case, hip pouch DS lite carry case, DS lite microphone, DS and DS Lite capable external battery pack, tri-wing screwdriver, portable game case (fits 6 DS games + 1 stylus).

Frankly speaking I nowadays hardly use my pen stylus since I find the extendable ones good enough, but it's a matter of choice all of the other items I mentioned are recommended.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Useless post, but i personally didn't get nothing for ds. I don't usually throw my stuff etc. so i didn't need any cases.
I was considering screen protector, but didn't get one because i sold my ds. but i've one for psp, it's pretty usefull. So i recommend one for ds also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father