Trouble with making a legit (I think) DSTT card work on DS Lite!

Citrical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I'm trying to make my girlfriends DSTT card work, I have no idea if it's legit or not but I bought a new sd card to try it with. I downloaded the right files for ds lite from the DSTT site and formatted the sd card to fat32, but it doesn't detect it and just displays the home screen. The sd card is pretty high capacity, is this the issue? I have attached some images of the DSTT card and the sd card (I can't add links yet so here is the name of the sd card: "samsung 128gb pro plus micro sd card".

Attachments

• dstt1.jpg
    dstt1.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 36
  • dstt2.jpg
    dstt2.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 44
  • 71IIgLLItpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71IIgLLItpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 34

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll try that later today, wouldn't a ds lite have trouble with a 128gb card though because ds lite is old or something?
128GB cards should(tm) work with DSTT cards if they are formatted as FAT32. You'll have to see that tho.
However, your issue is not related to that. You would be able to start the card and it would show something like "menu?" if it couldn't read the SD. However, you can't see the card in the menu. That means that it's either a connection problem between DS and the DSTT or the DSTT is broken.

Citrical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
128GB cards should(tm) work with DSTT cards if they are formatted as FAT32. You'll have to see that tho.
However, your issue is not related to that. You would be able to start the card and it would show something like "menu?" if it couldn't read the SD. However, you can't see the card in the menu. That means that it's either a connection problem between DS and the DSTT or the DSTT is broken.
I tried cleaning the contacts but it didn't do anything, the contacts were a bit hard to acces though with a cotton swab, maybe i'll give it a second cleaning but I'm thinking it's dead. Her ds works fine though with normal ds cards and even with my r4card. Thanks for the messages though, btw if I try cleaning it again, how would you recommend me doing that with IPA?

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I tried cleaning the contacts but it didn't do anything, the contacts were a bit hard to acces though with a cotton swab, maybe i'll give it a second cleaning but I'm thinking it's dead. Her ds works fine though with normal ds cards and even with my r4card. Thanks for the messages though, btw if I try cleaning it again, how would you recommend me doing that with IPA?
You can try to push the card in the slot to the limit, and boot th DS while still holding it up. That should make it work if the thing was in a bad contacts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1