Gaming the best DS (to me) is.....

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, but the last phat DS produced (firmware 4+) should have the same luminosity as the DS Lite. You can even adjust the brightness.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
yeah yeah but one of those would be hard to find now days.

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ds XL.

Why? Because my neighbor chuy, whenever he and his brother Gerardo came to my house to play on the Wii, given the fact controllers were expensive, Chuy brought his ds and we played mario on his DS
together while the others played on the Wii, and took turns between levels.

Also, fun fact: Chuy is a nickname given here in México to people named Jesus.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
DS Lite, never seen the DSi or DSi XL in person though. But I like the GBA-Slot on the DS Lite, I have the Spinner Controller for the DS which I really enjoy (all three games that supported it and all)... Also have the Guitar Hero grip, but have never used it. I only use my DS Lite to play GBA games on now though. But that was a great console with a lot of good and a lot of unique/weird games.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For DS games, DSi XL any day since there are no borders around the screen.
For GBA games, well my personal preference was the OG Gameboy Advance since the SP is too darn uncomfortable for a 21 year old man, but ATM definitely 3DS thanks to its native support.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DSi (any size) for select+volume hotkey and (with hardmod) DSiware

Original DS (late motherboard with variable brightness) for flashme 5 second Wood boot, comfort in hand, and ezflash 3in1

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
ds XL.

Why? Because my neighbor chuy, whenever he and his brother Gerardo came to my house to play on the Wii, given the fact controllers were expensive, Chuy brought his ds and we played mario on his DS
together while the others played on the Wii, and took turns between levels.

Also, fun fact: Chuy is a nickname given here in México to people named Jesus.
Since when was there a DS XL?

D

Deleted User

I had a ds fat as a kid,but I ended up breaking the damn screen in frustration from playing Mario 64 ds,the last bowser boss ticked me off.

The ds fat is kind of dull when it comes to the lighting on the screen but the ds lite and dsi had it better.

Last edited by ,

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like...

DS Phat - For its D-Pad and A/B/X/Y buttons.
DS Lite - For its LCD quality.
DSi - For its Trigger buttons as they can be easily replaced by changing the ribbon.
DSi XL - For its huge screens.

Can't really choose a favorite as each one has just as many pros as it does cons.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this counts since it's pretty obvious and it's the best of all DS, but

A9LH N3DS with R4 (64gb MicroSD card) and 128GB MicroSD Card

why?

free 3ds games
free dsi games
free snes games
free nes games
free gba games
free gb games
free gbc games
free ds games

no need to carry a shit ton of games. all the DS games are in the R4. Everything else is on the SD card.

im a pirate, so i might as well pirate

Last edited by Pokem,
Reactions: Todderbert

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this counts since it's pretty obvious and it's the best of all DS, but

A9LH N3DS with R4 (64gb MicroSD card) and 128GB MicroSD Card

why?

free 3ds games
free dsi games
free snes games
free gba games
free gb games
free gbc games
free ds games

no need to carry a shit ton of games. all the DS games are in the R4. Everything else is on the SD card.

im a pirate, so i might as well pirate

I was thinking the same the other day, I would use a smaller N3DS also, not the XL. I like running DS games at their native resolution on the 3DS. But since I own so many damn systems, I just pick one up and fire it up. But for those who are on limited funds, the above is smart, prices on 64GB cards are super cheap and the 128s are getting cheaper too.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same the other day, I would use a smaller N3DS also, not the XL. I like running DS games at their native resolution on the 3DS. But since I own so many damn systems, I just pick one up and fire it up. But for those who are on limited funds, the above is smart, prices on 64GB cards are super cheap and the 128s are getting cheaper too.

I can no longer play on any other DS that is smaller than an XL ever since I picked up the XL. It just feels uncomfortable as f*ck

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can no longer play on any other DS that is smaller than an XL ever since I picked up the XL. It just feels uncomfortable as f*ck

I hear you, my main go to system is a N3DS XL. I love the DSi XL and own quite a few. The above was if that person's scenario of using their 3DS as a jack of all trades, the smaller N3DS would have better image quality playing DS games in their native res. Your correct on the grip, much less comfortable, and I don't see the new 2DS XL improving that.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the DS Phat

Heres Why
1. L/R Buttons that dont break
2. It plays GBA games
2.5. GBA games dont stick out
3. Comfort
4. Hinges (compared to ds lite)

UPDATE 1
5. homebrew (compared to dsi)

what do you think the best ds is and why?

I would agree with you if I didn't have an EZ Flash 3-in-1. But I do, so my GBA games are not sticking out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn