Tetris Effect will be coming to PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive

Last year saw the release of Tetris Effect, a wild and trippy take on the beloved Tetris formula. It received high praise and numerous accolades, becoming a must-have PlayStation 4 exclusive. And now, PC players will have the chance to try the game out for themselves, as Epic Games Store will be bringing Tetris Effect to their platform. The PC version will support 4K and higher resolutions, uncapped framerates, and ultrawide compatibility. There will also be support for VR headsets, such as the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. Tetris Effect will launch as an Epic Games Store exclusive on July 23rd and will cost $39.99.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Two years ago i was smoking weed with a guy and friends. that guy goes to us "steam will have a big competition in two years time and it will have this trippy mega hit Tetris come to it"

we was like "Steam will never have competition. you bugging dude, you trippy as hell!!!!"

i wonder if i can find that guy.... i need winning lottery numbers

Last edited by Flame,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Considering Epic is throwing around money like there's no tomorrow, I wonder if games like this and Journey would have ever come to PC, without the EGS's intervention. More games on PC is always awesome, but less choice is not.

I'm mean before we had steam only and people were happy. what changed?

imo competition is always nice for us.

its not like you need to buy extra hardware i.e. PS4, Xbox One or Switch. you can do crazy OS setups and install all on the same machine.

Last edited by Flame,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like we can probably expect it on the Xbox app at launch like all the other EGS "exclusives," then. Otherwise it's going on my list of games to procure from the high seas. Already bought a copy on PS4, I just want it for the VR support.

I'm mean before we had steam only and people were happy.
When was this, exactly? Because by my count, there have always been like three other launcher-storefronts at a minimum.

what changed?
Third-party exclusivity was introduced by a company that wanted nothing to do with PC gaming for the longest time.

imo competition is always nice for us.
I agree. Please let us know when Epic starts trying to compete and stops trying to limit our buying options.

its not like you need to buy extra hardware i.e. PS4, Xbox One or Switch. you can do crazy OS setups and install all on the same machine.
I don't need to buy extra hardware to install LimeWire or AOL, either. Doesn't mean there's any incentive to.

Last edited by Xzi,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if Epic has any criteria for if/when they’ll stop these agreements or if they plan to just continue doing this indefinitely (or a de facto monopoly)?

Have they implemented cloud saves yet?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hEY GUYS, BE gladful because thanks to Epic we can finally enjoy some console exclusives like Detroit, Heavy rain on pc! why buy a console when u can play it on pc?

At this point i wish Epic makes Half life 3! cauz they have bigger chance and will than Valve itself.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if Epic has any criteria for if/when they’ll stop these agreements or if they plan to just continue doing this indefinitely (or a de facto monopoly)?

If you are making a new platform, much less one in a market where it is mostly controlled by one entity, then content is king, and as making lots of content is hard one tends to buy it in. To that end when they run out of money, when such things are losing them more money than it gains market share, or when they come to dominate the market and no longer need to incentivise things.

Reactions: tech3475

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to give you praise, so I'll just call you hypocrite.
I don't give a shit about your praise, lol. And I don't care if I'm a hypocrite, Tim Sweeney/Tencent is paying for the game, so I get to feel a bit less guilty about pirating the game!

3pLSmsn.png

Last edited by Viri,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.