Team Rebug Announces Project 'SwitchME'

A Tiny Open-Source ModChip Designed For Installing Inside A Nintendo Switch Console!
SwitchME.jpg

Hey, 'tiny solder man' where are you now? -- A Team is calling for you and your skills, check it out below:

We are creating a cheap opensource mod chip solution for the Switch. For now its a 5 wire solution, but might be able to get away with 4, I will also need 3-4 testers. This thing is tiny, so not for soldering noobs! Show me your soldering skills if you want in on the list :)

It has to be noted, this is in the very early design stages, only 'prototypes' are being developed right now by their team, but they looking for a few testers that are good at soldering skills, so if you advanced user with expert skills, contact them and get on-board the project.

:arrow: Source

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
NEWS UPDATE: (6/6) - @evilsperm - Looks like I'm going to have some fun tonight :)
RESW.jpg

Team REBUG tweeted out a picture of there first prototype testing model that has arrived, and @evilsperm is going to install it later on tonight and get to work on the next stage, as they work on a simple 4/5 wire internal modchip for the Nintendo Switch console, which has only been 2 week since they first announced the SwitchME project and asked for few testers with professional tiny soldering skills.

It has to be noted, this still in very early design stages, first internal tests have to be done by team members before even the selected testers can get a chance and also the final design will be shrunk more and alot smaller over half the size pictured above, so please remember don't bug the team too much right now, and stay tuned for more news updates here in this thread! :)

NEWS SOURCE: @Aboshi2011 (via) Twitter

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
The modchip functionality is to put the console in rcm and send a payload right?

Yep basically its internal dongle. solders to - and + data lines on usb-c port, and to the power/volume+ buttons and reset line (may be removed_, so 4 connections at least, 5 at moment, of course this is test board with leds and extra space and pads, so the final one can be at least half the size.

is0-mick

Trophies
XP
Country
How about instead of grounding pin 10 and using volume buttons, if you did something like disable the flash chip OE or Clock or such, so the switch would enter RCM automatically?

Last edited by is0-mick,

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep basically its internal dongle. solders to - and + data lines on usb-c port, and to the power/volume+ buttons and reset line (may be removed_, so 4 connections at least, 5 at moment, of course this is test board with leds and extra space and pads, so the final one can be at least half the size.
@garyopa, Fuck man you've been around forever.

You going to sell this on eurasia like your PS1 modchips?

Reactions: fixingmytoys

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about instead of grounding pin 10 and using volume buttons, if you did something like disable the flash chip OE or Clock or such, so the switch would enter RCM automatically?

I assumed it was for detecting when you were pressing them, so that you were choosing to go into rcm rather than always forcing you into rcm. I guess now I could be wrong???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: