ROM Hack FF IV The Complete Collection Switch PPSSPP Cecil Paladin Battle Model Swap.

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT MOD CREATED BY A FAN FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ffiv_c10.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am back once again with another off the wall mod for the community. This time around It's a Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection mod for the PPSSPP on Switch. I have been using the amazing stand alone beta version myself from M4xw but this mod should work on any PPSSPP emulator build on that Switch that supports texture replacement. (Including the preferred Android version on Switch that doesn’t present any battle lag when enemies are destroyed and disappear) Keep in mind though that this current mod version is ONLY for the Switch due to the Switches scaled down texture sizes so it will not work on the PC build of PPSSPP. Also you need to make sure that you are using the US version ISO wise of the game for this mod to be compatible. Also for the record I do have plans to bring this mod to the PC version in the future after I finish this Switch build. With all that said let's start the show! In short summary FF4 has and always will be one of my favorite games of the series and it's honestly such an amazing game and in my eyes perfect minus one thing that has always bugged me since the first time way back I played the game as a kid. That one thing being Cecil's paladin battle model being 685% different than his field model. So that's where this mod comes into play to fix that and finally make this game 100% perfection in my eyes. I've also chosen to implement this fix for the Complete Collection of the game because I'm a big fan of the original game and this version does the original justice while giving it that modern day face lift we all love to see.

Screenshots of the original game:
before10.png

20210511.jpg

20210512.jpg

Screenshots of the game with the mod:

cecil.png

20220223_212438616.jpeg

20220223_212555610.jpeg

20220223_212709181.jpeg

Installation:
Like all my other mods the installation is very easy and straight forward. Just take the provided "TEXTURES" folder of the mod and drop it into the correct PPSSPP directory. MAKE SURE that the "Replace Textures" option is ticked in your emulator settings or else the textures won't be replaced with the new modded ones. Also, I'm once again using the PPSSPP Stand Alone Beta myself so I'll post that directory below for those that are also using it. For the Retroarch users out there I apologize but I honestly have no idea what the directory is for you guys but I'm sure someone below in the comments in future posts will post that to help everyone out.

20210515.jpg

PPSSPP stand alone beta directory for texture replacements:
switch/ppsspp/config/ppsspp/PSP <----- you'll insert the full "TEXTURES" folder within that PSP directory.

Credits:
Models credits for the remade model go to Holohol from Reddit. He had uploaded an earlier version of the model about 3yrs back that I happened to find and the download link was of course dead lol so I saved the thumbnail image and rebuilt and upgraded the model and sprite-sheet myself from scratch into the beautiful new sprite-sheet you see today. Mad props and respect to him though because without his original work we wouldn't be here today enjoying this mod.

Link to download the Mod:

Extra Links:
Here I just wanted to post two extra links for you guys. One being a link to M4xw's epic PPSSPP stand alone beta build for the Nintendo Switch and the other being an amazing FFIV rom hack that I came across and have been using that expands the spell system to add in extra white magic spells for Cecil's Paladin form and Rydia's kid form from the 3D Nintendo DS Remake of the game. It really helps expand the gameplay for Cecil and Rydia so I highly recommend it. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Link to M4xw's PPSSPP stand alone beta:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ppsspp-switch-standalone-beta.544071/

Link to the FFIV Complete Collection rom hack:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5200/

drgnma11.jpg

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So final update on things lol this mod is now 100% complete by just updating my hash coding a couple digits into a clut hash via recommendation from a buddy on Discord. Haha so everything is all set and ready to go. Enjoy the mod everyone! :D

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The mod has been updated with a much needed fix for Cecil's new battle models eye color. His eyes have been changed from Green to Blue to match his Avatar and field model! That is one of the final things I wanted to get around to for this mod. But I also had a friend point out one existing bug of the mod to me that I'm hoping someone could help me fix if they are up for it. When battling the enemy Black Lizard and he hit's you with his counter that inflicts Paralyze Cecil's battle model reverts back to his original sprite for the rest of the battle. I just need to find the ID of that texture for when it happens and I can replace it as well then the mod will be perfect all around. Then I'll release that final fix for the mod.

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Scratch my previous post, I’ve dove in and now got everything fixed up and perfected! So the mod and it’s download link have been updated accordingly. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Attachments

• 885C080E-340F-4550-9521-7B3D3D6BCE75.jpeg
    885C080E-340F-4550-9521-7B3D3D6BCE75.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 144
  • FDA08AAA-4F08-474F-9F34-5DA2517CD077.jpeg
    FDA08AAA-4F08-474F-9F34-5DA2517CD077.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: gouki99

Bibbibo_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I want to use your mod for Yokai Watch 4, but I don´t where to put it in or if I have to use it on Yuzu or Ruyjinx. So can you please give me a tutorial or say where it is if you already did one.

P.S.: Thanks for the Mod im waiting since the Realese of the Game to play it in German but it havent come out yet and English is also comepletly fine

passmar

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, great mod! I've tried to use it also on my Poco F3 and I can confirm that it works also with the android version of PPSSPP.
The only problem that I've faced is that the game lags A LOT when I try to buy new equipment in the shops (the game doesn't lag if I don't use the texture swap), also it's the only moment when the texture swap doesn't work because I see the original sprite of paladin Cecil. Can this be solved? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, great mod! I've tried to use it also on my Poco F3 and I can confirm that it works also with the android version of PPSSPP.
The only problem that I've faced is that the game lags A LOT when I try to buy new equipment in the shops (the game doesn't lag if I don't use the texture swap), also it's the only moment when the texture swap doesn't work because I see the original sprite of paladin Cecil. Can this be solved? Thank you in advance!

I will definitely take a look into this issue and see if I can replicate the same thing.
If so, I’ll definitely deploy a new updated patch fix to hopefully resolve that. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!

Reactions: passmar

passmar

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will definitely take a look into this issue and see if I can replicate the same thing.
If so, I’ll definitely deploy a new updated patch fix to hopefully resolve that. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!
Thank you for your work!

EDIT 1: I've arrived to the underworld where, I don't know why, the texture swap works.
When I'll be able to return to the overworld I'll post here if the bug persist.

EDIT 2: I've made a video in order to show the problem (and yes, it happens only in the overworld)[/SPOILER]

Last edited by passmar,

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you for your work!

EDIT 1: I've arrived to the underworld where, I don't know why, the texture swap works.
When I'll be able to return to the overworld I'll post here if the bug persist.

EDIT 2: I've made a video in order to show the problem (and yes, it happens only in the overworld)[/SPOILER]
View attachment 342417

Hey my friend sorry for the slow reply and follow up on this. But I’ve been playing and testing various shops in game and this issue isn’t present in my game. I’m not sure why. 🤔

Axelx

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This works for the android version of pspp?? I cant find that option to replace textures :(
Post automatically merged:

This works for the android version of pspp?? I cant find that option to replace textures :(
Nvm it worked just by dropping the folder, thanks :)

Last edited by Axelx,

Stacatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is very late, but is it possible to make a patcher for a normal iso for this? Would like to play on real hardware, not through emulator.

Reactions: SkullHex2

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mod version 2.0 has been released! The new update adds various enhanced battle background scenes which I'll include screenshots of in this post. Along with a new Kain overworld/battle model that more closely resembles his original SNES counterpart. Props and full credit goes to Granvillimus for the amazing Kain models. Hope you enjoy the update everyone! I intend to do all the battle backgrounds then I'll jump to doing the same love and face lifting for the Enemy battle models.

041740006a54a20e04bf5a72.png

airshipback.png

04174000fbe8871035ec957c.png

forestback.png

041740004655465498f3673f.png

desertback.png

0417400039d1091650eb15e9.png

magneticcave.png

04174000a2eaff5b64c042f8.png

grassplains.png

041b4400cefc3ea8a51eabc5.png

kain2.png