Hacking Summarizing What I learned before I picofly my Switch. Might have misunderstood somethings...

Dandan0404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello Everyone,

I've Done my research for a month or 2 now(hehehe). I think I already mastered the Installation process(watching videos) but regarding for the POST and PRE installation, I'm not sure yet if what I plan is correct.
I will be installing the Picofly in probably next 2 weeks(when it arrives) on a expert cellphone shop(expert micro solder technicians) and I will write the process what I learned so far. Feel free to correct me.

Note: I am an ECE student, I like modding, soldering and software stuff. But I dont trust my microsolder skills and Videos I found online seems to be outdated and I want to make sure i wont brick my switch so so preparation is key

Materials:

RP2040 zero
36awg teflon wire
47 Ohms SMD resistor 0603(couldnt get 0805)
DAT0 Yellow 4 anchor variant (stethix said this is the best/no reball=no problem[?] )
Flex cable (mosfet too risky)
OLED switch
used in Nswitch, with legit download free games from eshop - 256gb Sandisk card
--------------------------
PRE-install:
-
reformat 256gb card to Fat32
-skipping format sd card on legit switch
-put HATS pack by sthetix on clean formatted FAT32 sd card (PC +card reader)
-flash pico with 2.5+ unlock.uf 4mb by Vittorio
-
remove buttons and USB C
-flex cable solder ONLY THE 2 MIDDLE or 3RD AND FOURTH pins

INSTALLATION:
-
gonna follow the Main video regarding the motherboard by sthethix which is installing the HWFLY and also referring to ModvilleUSA latest video regarding the pins/connections for picofly
also double checking/refering with the schematic and pin layout

POST-install: this is the confusing part for me!!!
-gonna follow this video how to set up by sthetix FIRST

NOW...
- is atmosphere is already installed or do i need to install it?
-assuming I followed the video properly I should have SYSMMC and EMUMMC like in the picture. but where is OFW ?
-is prod keys and title keys installed already like yuzu?
-how to Dual boot? like OFW and CFW EMUMMC . i researched but sthetix video regarding dual boot was RED OS not Hekate? He has Old video
-how to ban prevention/dns setting
-where to put downloaded 200gb XCI/NSP games and DLC?

Things I have not fully understand and Might be wrong ( feel free correct my error):
-RED OS = SX OS? , BLUE OS = HEKATE? - based form stehtix video
-ONLY play in EMUMMC and LEGIT in OFW
-
XCI and NSP files formatdoesn't matter
For all who made it here, thank you and i apologize for my noobness. thank you and may you have Peace and Prosperity
Post automatically merged:

help someone :(

Attachments

• OLED-DIAGRAM-CHIP-OLED (1).jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 68
  • PICOFLY SCHEMATIC.jpg
    PICOFLY SCHEMATIC.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SYS and EMU.PNG
    SYS and EMU.PNG
    417.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by Dandan0404,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You need to install that just like you need to install Hekate.
-assuming I followed the video properly I should have SYSMMC and EMUMMC like in the picture. but where is OFW ?
OFW is just one option in Hekate. But the maker of the video maybe disabled the setting to boot into OFW.

Yes, they are generated by the Switch.
You don't need to generate/download/save them

-how to Dual boot? like OFW and CFW EMUMMC . i researched but sthetix video regarding dual boot was RED OS not Hekate? He has Old video
That is a setting in the Hekate config file.

Enough topics on this forum. Search for 90DNS.
By installing a picofly, you agreed not to be a pirate. *harhar*
Supposed you have 200gb of homebrew apps and games, you put them on your SD card and then you have to install them.
They are move to the Nintendo folder on the SD card, the EMUMMC or internal memory depending which installation option you choose. After the homebrew apps and game installation files are no longer needed on the SD card.

Dandan0404

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You need to install that just like you need to install Hekate.

OFW is just one option in Hekate. But the maker of the video maybe disabled the setting to boot into OFW.

Yes, they are generated by the Switch.
You don't need to generate/download/save them

That is a setting in the Hekate config file.

Enough topics on this forum. Search for 90DNS.

Supposed you have 200gb of homebrew apps and games, you put them on your SD card and then you have to install them.
They are move to the Nintendo folder on the SD card, the EMUMMC or internal memory depending which installation option you choose. After the homebrew apps and game installation files are no longer needed on the SD card.
thank you so much sir. assuming you didn't quote the others. already good right?

floxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The best way to install games is with DBI. Connect Switch and PC with USB cable, select "Run MTP responder" in DBI and drag'n'drop your game into the folder "MicroSD install" on your PC.

Shitsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I've Done my research for a month or 2 now(hehehe). I think I already mastered the Installation process(watching videos) but regarding for the POST and PRE installation, I'm not sure yet if what I plan is correct.
I will be installing the Picofly in probably next 2 weeks(when it arrives) on a expert cellphone shop(expert micro solder technicians) and I will write the process what I learned so far. Feel free to correct me.

Note: I am an ECE student, I like modding, soldering and software stuff. But I dont trust my microsolder skills and Videos I found online seems to be outdated and I want to make sure i wont brick my switch so so preparation is key

Materials:

RP2040 zero
36awg teflon wire
47 Ohms SMD resistor 0603(couldnt get 0805)
DAT0 Yellow 4 anchor variant (stethix said this is the best/no reball=no problem[?] )
Flex cable (mosfet too risky)
OLED switch
used in Nswitch, with legit download free games from eshop - 256gb Sandisk card
--------------------------
PRE-install:
-
reformat 256gb card to Fat32
-skipping format sd card on legit switch
-put HATS pack by sthetix on clean formatted FAT32 sd card (PC +card reader)
-flash pico with 2.5+ unlock.uf 4mb by Vittorio
-
remove buttons and USB C
-flex cable solder ONLY THE 2 MIDDLE or 3RD AND FOURTH pins

INSTALLATION:
-
gonna follow the Main video regarding the motherboard by sthethix which is installing the HWFLY and also referring to ModvilleUSA latest video regarding the pins/connections for picofly
also double checking/refering with the schematic and pin layout

POST-install: this is the confusing part for me!!!
-gonna follow this video how to set up by sthetix FIRST

NOW...

Things I have not fully understand and Might be wrong ( feel free correct my error):
-RED OS = SX OS? , BLUE OS = HEKATE? - based form stehtix video
-ONLY play in EMUMMC and LEGIT in OFW
-
XCI and NSP files formatdoesn't matter
For all who made it here, thank you and i apologize for my noobness. thank you and may you have Peace and Prosperity
Post automatically merged:

help someone :(

Bro, this is the drawing for the Nintendo Switch lite version, how do I solder my original switch

Also, I don't have a "470" resistor on hand, can I use a "472"or"473" resistor?

Last edited by Shitsuki,

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bro, this is the drawing for the Nintendo Switch lite version, how do I solder my original switch

Also, I don't have a "470" resistor on hand, can I use a "472"or"473" resistor?
472 is 4.7kohm, 473 is 47kohm.. no. Their resistance is too high by a factor of 100/1000.
All diagrams are in the picofly AIO thread.

wavvydev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my RP2040 Zero ready to go - flashed/USB + buttons removed. Im working on an already modded Switch with a shady unflashable chip that has occasional boot problems... I already soldered the other connections from the secondary flex and they are ready to be wired up to the pi. But the only thing I'm stuck on is the CPU flex. It has 2 active pins running to SP1 / SP2 so I'm not entirely sure which pin (or both??) to connect to the pi. See attached photos for flex and pins. Please and thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_024858.jpg
    IMG_20230416_024858.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG20230416022105.jpg
    IMG20230416022105.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: