Team Ninja Would Like To Make Another Metroid Game

D

Deleted_171835

Good lord they must be joking. Other M was horrible. Like there's almost nothing redeeming about it. In retrospect, the gameplay was horrible, the story was atrocious, and the characters ranged from either two dimensional or stereotypical, or both.

Considering Team Ninja hasn't exactly been doing stellar with their games since Other M (cough Ninja Gaiden 3 cough), I really hope they never touch this franchise again.
Story was bad but it wasn't even the worst part, it was the writing, translation and presentation that sucked. They completely ruined Samus's character.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they can learn from their huge, horrible mistake, this game might be worth looking at.

If not...

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's just good to dislike sexist pieces and shit games.

This just might be the most ridiculous thing I've read, at least in the past 7 days (which is pretty good, considering this is the Internet).

But sexist? Really? So any woman that is anything at all like Samus, irl*, is sexist, too? Really?

*No, really, they exist, and I'll be sure to inform at least one of them that she's sexist for behaving the way she does. I'll be sure to tell her that's what the Internet thinks so then, at least, she can just laugh as hard as I am.

Oh, and +10 for the hyperbole.

Reactions: 2 people

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Other M so I'm good with that. Just keep it a side scrolling metroid.
I didn't like the Metroid Prime series because of the first person style, but the use of first person in Other M was nice for me.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Team Ninja is at it again!

headdesk.jpg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Other M's problems stemmed more from Sakamoto's choices rather than what Team Ninja did.
Sakamoto's story writing completely conflicted with natural gameplay progression.

Whose damned idea was it to play the game with a sideways wii remote only anyway? Every Wii system comes with a nunchuk, this was inexcusable.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Other M's problems stemmed more from Sakamoto's choices rather than what Team Ninja did.
Sakamoto's story writing completely conflicted with natural gameplay progression.

Whose damned idea was it to play the game with a sideways wii remote only anyway? Every Wii system comes with a nunchuk, this was inexcusable.

Yeah, no kidding.And here I thought the controller layout for Sonic and the Secret Rings was jacked up. Metroid Prime was the better of the 3D iterations, Other: M was just weird, but that "Remember me?" dude just gave it plenty of exploitable meme material to work with.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After they screwed and killed the Ninja Gaiden series, i'd be surprsied if Nintendo let them kill one of theirs.

Stick to boob physics TN, it's all you've got left.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no no no no NO! And did I mention....................FUCK NO!
doax3, yes. another metroid by them will be another i won't bother to buy. (UNLESS it's a sidescroller on 3ds :P)

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other M wasn't nearly as good as other games in the franchise, but I still very much enjoyed it. I found it very unique, and the way they put the story for Other M in between two other games and made it so flawlessly was very impressive. My brother and I watched all the cutscenes for Other M last night (it was so long it was like watching an actual movie) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As for the appearance of Samus herself, I actually gave Team Ninja props as they didn't make her boobs hang out of her Zero Suit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't care what anyone says - bring on the hate, but I loved Other M. Sure, it showed an overly-victimized and weak Samus that was too dependant on Adam, but gameplay-wise I would not change a single thing. Rarely did I play a better combination of side-scrolling action, platforming, third person and first person shooters. It had its hiccups with the execution of the storyline, but when you think about it, the story wasn't half-bad. Not only that, the game looked amazing on the Wii - I can't even begin to think how it'd look like on the WiiU. Even young Samus sort of made sense - she wasn't the cold bounty hunter we know and love back then - it was these events that forged her into an ass-whooping machine, so I actually enjoyed having a glance at her more human, more feminene side. They overdid it, granted, but at least they showed her as a person rather than a walking tank.

A lot of people hate on Other M because it tried to be "different", but you should expect that when grabbing a game that's clearly labeled Other M. It was an experience in itself and at the same time, a blast from the past on side-scrolling and FPS sections and I loved it, I'd give Team Ninja another go anytime - go for it!

They know their source material, they know what the fans complained about, they know what to improve. I say give them a chance, because their product wasn't downright bad like people claim it was - it was simply different.

Reactions: 4 people

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Other M was a lot of fun. IMO, it was a much better 3D version of Metroid than the Prime series ever was.

I've been playing Metroid games since 1986, so what feels "Metroid" to me will differ from a lot of the younger gamers who started with later entries in the series. The Prime games just didn't feel like Metroid to me, didn't give me any of the great nostolgic feelings I was hoping for. Other M, however, made me feel like I was finally playing a true 3D Metroid game. All that nostalgia came back. It had fast fluid gameplay, tricks with grappling/wall jumping/bomb climbing/shinesparking to get hidden items, lots of verticality and platforming, etc. While the gameplay would have benefited from analog stick control and more than two buttons, it was still a whole lot of fun. And run through an emulator at 1080p, the game looked great:

momhd30c.png

momhd6.png

momhd11.png

momhd7.png

Sure, the story was kind of lame, but nobody plays Metroid games for the story (I hope). I gave up on Metroid's story when they adopted the old Nintendo Power comic as canon and turned Samus into a sissy. I preferred it back when she was a completely mysterious bad-ass bounty hunter that could do the toughest jobs that nobody else could. That was all the backstory as this character ever needed IMO.

Anyway, I say bring on more Team Ninja Metroid games!

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated