Team Ninja Would Like To Make Another Metroid Game

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you're wrong. It's not a bad game. And Super Mario 64 DS's controls sucked because that game relies on the analog controls for controlling Mario's speed. For tricky platforming. So you don't fall into the lava and die. But you don't need that in M:OM.

Saying "you're wrong" and not refuting many of my points isn't a good argument.

It doesn't help Other M's movement either. It felt clunky and it was a bad design decision. There's no avoiding that and it detracts from the game.

Reactions: 1 person

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you're wrong. It's not a bad game. And Super Mario 64 DS's controls sucked because that game relies on the analog controls for controlling Mario's speed. For tricky platforming. So you don't fall into the lava and die. But you don't need that in M:OM.

Saying "you're wrong" and not refuting many of my points isn't a good argument.

It doesn't help Other M's movement either. It felt clunky and it was a bad design decision. There's no avoiding that and it detracts from the game.
But it didn't feel clunky at all. It felt very fast and fluid. Maybe you just weren't good at the game...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it didn't feel clunky at all. It felt very fast and fluid. Maybe you just weren't good at the game...

No, it was definitely clunky, and it makes no sense as to why they wouldn't use an analog. As I mentioned before, D-Pads are inferior in this respect and this was a bad decision on their part.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, it was definitely clunky, and it makes no sense as to why they wouldn't use an analog. As I mentioned before, D-Pads are inferior in this respect and this was a bad decision on their part.
They didn't use analog because then people would inadvertently point their Wiimotes at the screen, thus inadvertently going into first person. Like I said earlier. Why do you think analog would have helped it?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't use analog because then people would inadvertently point their Wiimotes at the screen, thus inadvertently going into first person. Like I said earlier. Why do you think analog would have helped it?

If you bothered reading, my solution was to toggle first person mode to a button so players can switch between it seamlessly. Of course that would still feel cumbersome but it's better than having to turn your whole controller around. Or even better, just have you hold down a button to allow you to use the pointer to tag opponents as targets for missiles while in the third person then release to shoot them.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you bothered reading, my solution was to toggle first person mode to a button so players can switch between it seamlessly. Of course that would still feel cumbersome but it's better than having to turn your whole controller around. Or even better, just have you hold down a button to allow you to use the pointer to tag opponents as targets for missiles while in the third person then release to shoot them.
So I take it you despise Super Paper Mario with a passion as well then?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Super Paper Mario was pretty bad but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Super Paper Mario was pretty bad but I don't see what that has to do with anything.
Did you hate it because you had to turn the Wiimote to point at the screen for some parts?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
AFAIK they weren't responsible for the silly plot.
I think the gameplay was pretty good and I'd be totally okay with another game. However, the plot was just... crap :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In my opinion, the main flaws of this game were:
-The gimmicky first person mode
-Dpad (I like Dpads, but not for 3D) It worked pretty well in long corridors, but it was annoying to navigate with it in large open rooms.
-The story
-Too linear
-Game-breaking bug

The game itself was decent. I think if they use the same formula but improve those points and possibly add a few new upgrades that suit the semi-3d thing better it could be a very good game. And throw out the first person altogether, it was horrible for combat - unless you can walk in first person, of course.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I don`t give a shit if Samus dies because Adam didn`t gave her permission to use something.

Samus doesn't need permission from anyone to do anything. :angry:

I never actually played Other M. Everyone kept whining about it and they were never very clear on why they were whining about it, but that much whining is a put off.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don`t give a shit if Samus dies because Adam didn`t gave her permission to use something.

I never actually played Other M. Everyone kept whining about it and they were never very clear on why they were whining about it, but that much whining is a put off.

Hadrian put a pretty nice list together a page or two ago.

Also in the game, there's a segment where Samus runs through a fiery volcano hellscape while taking damage constantly simply because Adam didn't give her permission yet to turn on her envirosuit to withstand the heat. That alone explains mostly why this game is shit.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The game's great, play it, ignore the people that say it's bad, they are completely and utterly wrong in every way.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's just good to dislike sexist pieces and shit games.

This just might be the most ridiculous thing I've read, at least in the past 7 days (which is pretty good, considering this is the Internet).

But sexist? Really? So any woman that is anything at all like Samus, irl*, is sexist, too? Really?

How is a game that turns Samus (one of the most revered and iconic female characters in gaming, and previously characterized as strong and independent) into a weak, fragile, and codependent woman unable to function without a man around not blatantly sexist and misogynist?

If you really know someone exactly like that, you shouldn't be making snide jokes at the internet's expense; you should be getting her help.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: