Hacking Tanooki - NSMBWii Level Editor

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Just to make clear where I stand on this: I don't really mind you guys talking about my editor like you were at first - but I don't agree with you making assumptions about it like you did about the ripped graphics and posting them publicly, which is why I got so angry over the original ripped graphics post.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Blasingame said:
LxTrix said:
I agree you showed actual maturity where others outright attacked you and showed lack of. I can't wait to see what your project brings.

Yeah Honestly, I just can't wait to see a New Kaizo Mario Bros.

Something like this!
VIDEO DONT WORK!
like a blank page?
laugh.gif

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanks said:
Maniac said:
I highly doubt he is trying to suck up, i've known him for a long time and he has never trired to suck up to anyone. I'm sorry to say, and i normally dont, that most of your team seems to be stuck up indiviulas that think they are oh so great. Yes you're editor is better than tanooki atm. Woopty doo. We know it, as do others. Youve had 3 years basically to develop it. We've had what? 5 days? Of course maybe you really dont like him promoting your program....then why in the hell did you even announce the project? Looks to me like someone loves to be in the spotlight. ah, while im at it remember someone threating us with admins..really now? You cant deal with criticism so we resort to "zomg i know the admins stfu or youll be banned"? Seriously. Grow up.

Anyhow, its late and i need to get to bed. If you don't like what I've said then deal with it, i'm rather tired of seeing the reggie team thinking that they are oh so great because they have a nice editor blah. Blah. Blah. Good night.
Again, Maniac, all we ask is that he stop talking about our editor as we have made no mention of his. As for my team being stuck up. Nah, we're just exceptional and we do not like it when someone attempts to demean our work. We go to great lengths to be sure our audience knows exactly what they're getting from us. Because of Vash's spreading of non-truths, we've been forced to take action against that. And yes, I assure you, the administration will favor our side if Vash continues this. I have no personal ties to the staff here, but when I take into consideration that we are in the right and have actually done nothing but defend our editor and argue the traditional ROM hacking gray areas, I can firmly state this to be true. I see no issues with maturity levels here. Vash simply needs to cease asserting the false statements he has been making about our editor and, I assure you, peace will ensue.
Tanks, except for the part where GrandMasterJimmy cussed him out.

Don't group us all together Maniac, we're not all like that. Some of us just take things differently than others. Honestly, let's just drop it here. Getting the last word out isn't needed, and things were driven way too far. After we made it clear that our editor didn't do this or that, everything should have been settled, but it escalated in to legality and other talk.

I will say that our team is made up of just about all old ROM hackers from around 2003-5ish, so yes, we do have a slight mindset of superiority and will cause small spats about bantam things, just as any competitive human will. Artificial limiters are the only thing to halt it, so like was said, let us end it here. I personally don't mind if you talk about Reggie! or not, just so long as you aren't spouting negative or deceptive statements about features in it.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
Ya.......... this is lame, seriously I just read 6+ pages of shit to realize (partially because of the weed) that I shouldn't of.

I think i can speak on behalf of everyother gbatemper if you are not in here talking about Tanooki then we don't give a flying fuck. We don't care about your editor or your arguments or your defense.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
"you talked abt my editor blablabla..."

Seriously who give a fuck abt that

Tired of those childrens topics all around here.....

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pzyro said:
possibly a user-freindly (idiot-freindly) gui? to 'preview' levels while creating them- just like a mockup or something i mean
Just be patient.
The fact that this whole thing actually works totally blew my socks off, how can you be any more demanding at this point?
Hell, the game has only been officially released for 3 days now, it's not even out in europe
rofl2.gif

I know a company that's pissed off right now...Especially considering their "effort" (ahem) to give the game a new copy protection (if that was even intentional).

A proper GUI shouldn't be too hard to implement, however, so of course I'm too hoping for this for the future.

What are the chances of being able to edit existing items in the future, preferably without replacing the old ones in the process?
It's hard to guess when you have no idea of how the levels' data structure is built.

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanks said:
We go to great lengths to be sure our audience knows exactly what they're getting from us. Because of Vash's spreading of non-truths, we've been forced to take action against that. And yes, I assure you, the administration will favor our side if Vash continues this. I have no personal ties to the staff here, but when I take into consideration that we are in the right and have actually done nothing but defend our editor and argue the traditional ROM hacking gray areas, I can firmly state this to be true. I see no issues with maturity levels here. Vash simply needs to cease asserting the false statements he has been making about our editor and, I assure you, peace will ensue.

>We go to great lengths to be sure our audience knows exactly what they're getting from us.

Unfortunately, you failed to mention the fact that you are requiring the ISO image or files from the ISO image to have any basic functionality in your editor. This puts the legality issues on the user, which is irresponsible. Clearly, your "audience" has no idea what they're getting. That is mentioned nowhere in any of your official posts.

Sorry, I'm actually a good programmer. I believe in putting the burden on my own shoulders rather than putting each and every client on the wrong side of the law. Sure, your argument that "everybody's doing it" can be backed up around these parts, but ignorance of the law is really no excuse. If legal action were taken, it would be against your clients and not the programmer. That's just irresponsible and I think you should make that clearer to the user.

>Because of Vash's spreading of non-truths...

Any "non-truths" were merely misconceptions that were cleared up within two posts between Treeki and myself. There was no need for you to make a single post in this topic, and you're really only adding fuel to the fire.

>And yes, I assure you, the administration will favor our side if Vash continues this

I haven't even said anything in a considerable amount of time. You've just been arguing with other users in this thread (with no success). Feel free to continue, but I can assure you any action by administration will only be taken against you. To state absolutes like you have is just silly. I haven't done anything wrong; It was simply a misunderstanding that was cleared up relatively quick.

Now, I'd appreciate it if you stopped posting in my topic with your moot point. Thank you. Any further comments on the subject should be sent as a private message.

-Vash

Maniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
A proper GUI shouldn't be too hard to implement, however, so of course I'm too hoping for this for the future.

What are the chances of being able to edit existing items in the future, preferably without replacing the old ones in the process?
It's hard to guess when you have no idea of how the levels' data structure is built.

>What are the chances of being able to edit existing items in the future, preferably without replacing the old ones in the process?

Editing in general will become much more flexible in future releases (including overall size). That's all I can say on the subject.
wink.gif

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
i always love that video...
so instead of arguing can we get some updates on the progress? how are things coming along?

Quite well, actually
smile.gif
I'm hoping to have a new beta release out tomorrow sometime.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I edited the first level, replaced everything besides the flag pole with goombas. I noticed that if you get rid of all the same items on the map, there is no way add it back unless you know the hex. It disappears from the list at the bottom. For example, if there is only 1 flagpole, and I select it and replace it with a goomba, it will disappear from the list below, is this suppose to happen?

Maniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
So I edited the first level, replaced everything besides the flag pole with goombas. I noticed that if you get rid of all the same items on the map, there is no way add it back unless you know the hex. It disappears from the list at the bottom. For example, if there is only 1 flagpole, and I select it and replace it with a goomba, it will disappear from the list below, is this suppose to happen?
With the current release, yes. All it does is list what is on the map atm. Whether this will be changed later on or not, I don't know. I'll ask Vashgs about it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays