1. vashgs

OP vashgs GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm actually wondering what your argument is, at this point. My original post stated that we were indeed working on ripping the graphics and adding them to the program. There was never any argument about the legality of Tanooki, on my end. My point was that requiring the ISO is a silly way of doing things. Only puts each and every one of your clients in danger. The current beta does rely on stage files, but being in beta, that will surely change in the near future. I prefer to release betas and allow the community to test out a product, instead of closed testing. I don't mind people see Tanooki in such an early stage. Only allows for greater feedback.

I digress...
    My point is, "surely they're also copyrighted and illegal," seems to suggest that we were originally worried about the legality of our program. That was never the case, and that was never a point I made. If the copyrighted material is hard-coded into the application, then any legal action would be taken against us. Requiring the user to have an ISO image of the game or access to files from the ISO would put that end user in risk, and leave you out of harm's way. Just seems like a cowardly thing to do and it's really not responsible to make a release like that.

2. GrandMasterJimmy

GrandMasterJimmy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

So just one small question... Are you fucking retarded? The user needs the ISO to play and insert new levels into the the game you dumbass.

3. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you seriously insulting him on his project? If you don't like it then just GTFO and STFU.

4. vashgs

United States
    Let's try and keep this civil, please. There are alternatives, as you'll see in an upcoming beta release.

5. Sonicandtails

Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Welcome to ROM/ISO hacking circa 1998 to 2009. Where have you been?

6. GrandMasterJimmy

GrandMasterJimmy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Explain one alternative to having the ISO. Don't even dare suggest SD loading, because if you even know what you're talking about at all you know this is nearly impossible unless you have access to the source code and can code SD access into the game. The only reason it's possible in Brawl is because it already accesses the SD card, and the SD file loader is piggybacking off of that.

7. vashgs

United States
    The alternative has been suggested in this topic, as well as the official Reggie! topic.

I don't want to spill my cards on future releases, but I will say it's something that has been requested for both editors and we do have it working just fine.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    told you there was gonna be a war even if you still don't like competition your now in one [​IMG]

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States

Why did the quote pyramid have to get this big for someone to mention we've been doing this for ages. Not even the author mentioned ROM hacking, but to his credit this should all have been obvious from the start. GBAtemp man...

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you just made it bigger and i made it smaller [​IMG]

11. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    vashgs, after seeing a couple posts insulting you relating to this project you started. You still acted mature and did not insult in return, there isn't much people on this earth that do things like that. Keep up the good work.

By the way, I am liking the beta 2 fixes. [​IMG]

12. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I agree you showed actual maturity where others outright attacked you and showed lack of. I can't wait to see what your project brings.

13. Blasingame

Blasingame GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah Honestly, I just can't wait to see a New Kaizo Mario Bros.

Something like this!

14. Sonicandtails

Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Right, because telling us over and over again that we're lying about our own editor is clearly being mature and not attacking us.

15. Pop006

Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Why can't we all just get along. There's gonna be 2 level editors, with differences, and similarities.
    If its legal, who cares. If it's illegal, cover your own asses, and then who cares.
    Can't wait to start seeing some levels appear instead of just childish bickering.

16. Maniac

Maniac Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sonic, treeki, and whoever else is on your "Team", if you don't like what you're reading then simply ignore it and go back to your own topic. We don't need arguments...

Anyhow, keep up the good work vash and virus [​IMG]

17. Tanks

Tanks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    We're just tired of Vash making false statements about our editor. The solution to this is simple. Vash, quit being a suck up and mentioning our editor in every other post. It's possible to argue for your editor without mentioning ours. Your statements about our editor, though they are written in a positive light, are wrong anyway. Our team has made no mention of your editor within our thread. We expect you to do the same with ours.

18. Maniac

Maniac Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I highly doubt he is trying to suck up, i've known him for a long time and he has never trired to suck up to anyone. I'm sorry to say, and i normally dont, that most of your team seems to be stuck up indiviulas that think they are oh so great. Yes you're editor is better than tanooki atm. Woopty doo. We know it, as do others. Youve had 3 years basically to develop it. We've had what? 5 days? Of course maybe you really dont like him promoting your program....then why in the hell did you even announce the project? Looks to me like someone loves to be in the spotlight. ah, while im at it remember someone threating us with admins..really now? You cant deal with criticism so we resort to "zomg i know the admins stfu or youll be banned"? Seriously. Grow up.

Anyhow, its late and i need to get to bed. If you don't like what I've said then deal with it, i'm rather tired of seeing the reggie team thinking that they are oh so great because they have a nice editor blah. Blah. Blah. Good night.

19. oneleggedjack

oneleggedjack GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ya.......... this is lame, seriously I just read 6+ pages of shit to realize (partially because of the weed) that I shouldn't of.

20. Tanks

Tanks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Again, Maniac, all we ask is that he stop talking about our editor as we have made no mention of his. As for my team being stuck up. Nah, we're just exceptional and we do not like it when someone attempts to demean our work. We go to great lengths to be sure our audience knows exactly what they're getting from us. Because of Vash's spreading of non-truths, we've been forced to take action against that. And yes, I assure you, the administration will favor our side if Vash continues this. I have no personal ties to the staff here, but when I take into consideration that we are in the right and have actually done nothing but defend our editor and argue the traditional ROM hacking gray areas, I can firmly state this to be true. I see no issues with maturity levels here. Vash simply needs to cease asserting the false statements he has been making about our editor and, I assure you, peace will ensue.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tanooki, NSMBWii, Editor