Hacking Tanooki - NSMBWii Level Editor

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SSBB has SD loading code in the game, NSMB doesn't (or does it ?)

So I'm not sure if loading things from SD will be that easy. I've never tried any of the SSBB hacks myself but had a little read up about them and it sounds uber cool.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is so great!! Thank you so much! the NSMB DS game can probably be remade now onto wii, with multiplayer and better graphics, my guess is someone is probably already doing this.

If the sd card thing is possible, that would make this more than perfect in every way.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, being able to post your created levels online is a must. Levels can be shared and created by everyone. Some sort of preview system for this would have to be done as well, a youtube video of levels would be ok, but if we could show the image and not just hex that would be ideal.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country

Made a video to show off this app real quick if you guys want to share it in the news posts feel free
tongue.gif

gr8 job just like you guys did with ACCF thanks for the beta guys
smile.gif
will watch this and wait with baited breath for the updates
smile.gif
thanks for the post!

WE CANT LEGALLY SHARE THE >ARC FILES THEY ARE NINTENDO"S However I would think people can use IPS patches to distribute those are legal and can be applied to any backup ISO with ease as well
wink.gif
so if you guys make a mod just realease a ISO patch file rather than linking to any modded images
ohmy.gif
that would be a no no on most of the scenes forums and certainly a no no here
smile.gif
wink.gif

heres a list of tools used to create mod patches
wink.gif
for those interested:
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil.html

Also i have used this one b4 for the conduit
tongue.gif

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/519/

D

Deleted-171178

I would consider making a NSMB version of Super Mario 3..if nobody were to beat me to it
tongue.gif
Or Super Mario Bros...Or Super Mario World..
tongue.gif

pzyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
possibly a user-freindly (idiot-freindly) gui? to 'preview' levels while creating them- just like a mockup or something i mean

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
whos gonna be the supreme ultimate editor this OR Reggie only time will tell
tongue.gif

Reggie may be for now, but we have full level renders coming along with a few secret features
smile.gif
It's not a competition. Competition only hurts the community. I've offered to help him with anything he needs
smile.gif

FWIW: He had a DS level editor, and the games have nearly identical engines. Realistically, he's had 3 years to develop Reggie. We've had days to work on this. Over time, it will improve and who knows, maybe we can end up working together. I am not into competitions.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awesome!!

The only problem I can think of is can't you only have one version? So if I got a custom mario version I can't play the original retail version anymore because it wont let me install 2 copies of the same game on a usb loader, right? Also, you can only have one save block for each game too so that could be a problem too.

Same thing happens with all the custom guitar heros that are made, but they can played from disc so you could have multiple versions just had to make sure you had a different band name saved for each custom.

Maniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
He had a DS level editor, and the games have nearly identical engines. Realistically, he's had 3 years to develop Reggie. We've had days to work on this. Over time, it will improve and who knows, maybe we can end up working together. I am not into competitions.

Gotta hope he would be that far then, dont ya? lol.. looking good vash keep up the good work
wink.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This is awesome!!

The only problem I can think of is can't you only have one version? So if I got a custom mario version I can't play the original retail version anymore because it wont let me install 2 copies of the same game on a usb loader, right? Also, you can only have one save block for each game too so that could be a problem too.

Same thing happens with all the custom guitar heros that are made, but they can played from disc so you could have multiple versions just had to make sure you had a different band name saved for each custom.

you can just change the iso game title ID to something else with the re-namer tool. I have 2 copies of the conduit a hacked one i made and the retail same with smashbros and mario kart
wink.gif
so yeah you can have both at once bud...

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:
This is awesome!!

you can just change the iso game title ID to something else with the re-namer tool. I have 2 copies of the conduit a hacked one i made and the retail same with smashbros and mario kart
wink.gif
so yeah you can have both at once bud...

Excellent. Good to know.
Can't wait to see what people make out of this.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
83=UNKOWN on level 1-3 is actually a BUSH (i put them all up top of the level to have a look and can confirm 83=Yoshi Fruit Tree/Bush however moving the bush DOES NOT MOVE THE FRUIT IT SUSPENDS IN MID AIR LOL! so i will try and find out what one is the fruit next i will count how many fruit are in this level and compare to the number of the unkowns...EDIT: ok so there are 10 fruits and ten 65's so 65=Yoshi Fruits
wink.gif

Level 1-3
83=Yoshi Fruit Tree/Bush
65=Yoshi Fruits
44=Red Parana Pipe with parana (backwards L shaped)
5F= Hammer Bros

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta 2 now available. Fixes some major bugs, slightly updated item list, and a reorganized GUI. Expect a much bigger beta release next time (assuming no major bugs show up this time). Full renders and ground editing is getting there!

Also, check out the progress on Reggie!, the other level editor. It's looking great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-