Tales of the Abyss to be released on February 14, 2012 in the US

flaboy909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of the Abyss will be available in North America on February 14, 2012.

Tales of the Abyss, the critically-acclaimed PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system role playing game, is updated for the Nintendo 3DS system. The upcoming title delivers full 3D support and use of the dual screens to bring players closer to the action. Tales of the Abyss tells the story of Luke fon Fabre, sole heir to a family of aristocrats, as he is suddenly thrust into the outside world on an epic adventure. Naïve and spoiled by years of isolation, Luke struggles to learn of friendship, sacrifice, duty and of choice. With the fates of many in his hands, Luke’s actions could ultimately save the world or bring about its very destruction.

The series’ trademark real-time battle system returns with increased mobility in the “Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System.” The updated battle system allows players to run in any direction while engaged in battle. Throughout the game, characters will learn AD Skills, acquired with the use of Capacity Cores, stat increasing items given out as characters level up. AD Skills can be equipped and unequipped at will during battles. The battle system also introduces Field of Fonons, a special system that allows players to charge elemental attacks through repeated use. Once the Field of Fonons is charged, players can execute a technique that corresponds to the elemental alignment represented on the screen to create an upgraded, powerful version of the attack.

Tales of the Abyss is developed by NAMCO TALES STUDIO LTD. and will be available for North America on February 14, 2012. In addition to Tales of the Abyss, NAMCO BANDAI Games America will also be releasing Tales of Graces f, exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in 2012.

Source: Namco Bandai PR

Source site: http://nintendoevery...-north-america/

Nearly 3 whole months after the European release.... :(. I never got to play the PS2 version so this makes me disappoint :sleep:.

D

Deleted User

It is pretty disappointing. Especially since Namco will not be putting any effort at all with this extra time to voice the skits that were missing from the PS2 game. The game is just sitting there probably because Namco thinks it's not going to do well in November against Mario.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't care about the date at all if the 3ds was region free, double screwed now can't import unless I had a EU 3ds or I gotta wait 3 extra months. I don't have a problem importing especially for single player games just sucks when I don't have the option do to the lockout. At least the Wii has Gecko OS and many other means to play import games you own, it not being region free isn't much of an issue anymore and the psp ps3 and 360 are all region free so they are non issues.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if you wait more 'tales of' games, in you region

BUY THEM

i will be getting
Tales of the Abyss (even if i do have the ps2 version)
Tales of Grace F

there are many games to play before, Tales of the Abyss, is out
so i can wait

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly