• Views 423,577
  • Replies 1,671

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I was just wondering if patching the game can cause it not to work on certain flashcards (which I'm sure that after the panic that will ensue
laugh.gif
there will be a workaround ) ?

The day this is released the forums will probably collapse
tongue.gif

grog.gif
Anyway great job
grog.gif

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They must do the beta test even for that, different cards, DS, emulator, if everything in the game is in the right place etc.etc.
We have awaited for this announcement, we can wait a little more.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 words: YOU - ARE - GREAT
bow.gif

Can't wait till the moment that I can really go behind my DS
yaynds.gif

And just play this over and over again.
I probably say this for a lot of people as well:
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
killeryunran said:
bow.gif

yaynds.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH
That's three words ._.

Anyway, agreed with the thankings! I cannot say it enough.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@throughhim413

You mentioned in the vid that no$gba has heavy slowdown sometimes. No$gba is very outdated and now there is a version of DeSeMuME which runs much smoother. The latest SVN supports SSE/SSE2 ONLY, so you can't use it on every pc. Regretfully, I can't test the Japanese rom on the latest SVN, as I use XP. But if your pc has SSE\SSE2, you can see how well it runs on the latest SVN. You probably already know this, but DeSeMuME also has some tools that might come in handy if you hack roms.

Durrr... hate.... wii.... on-screen... keyboard.....

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shinryuji said:
killeryunran said:
bow.gif

yaynds.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH
That's three words ._.

Yeah...
I tried to make jokes like Phil in Kingdom Heart's 358/2 days...
Not of importance...but still ^^

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
killeryunran said:
Shinryuji said:
killeryunran said:
bow.gif

yaynds.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH
That's three words ._.

Yeah...
I tried to make jokes like Phil in Kingdom Heart's 358/2 days...
Not of importance...but still ^^
I thought it might have been like that
tongue.gif
They were pretty crappy jokes anyway.

gie009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a fan of tales of: series since the very first game so Im looking forward to the translation. Keep up the good work guys!

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot I hadn't posted in this thread, yet. I've been following the project since the month it was announced, and have been watching eagerly while it progresses. It's always good to hear when great milestones of progress have been made, and good luck on the final stretch! Thank you for making the time and passion to get this work done and done right.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions about this translation (and possible others).. Don't worry, they won't reveal the secrety parts (if there are any), hopefully......

1. Because are you doing ToI, does this possibly mean a future full translation patch for Tales of Hearts or whatever else is for the DS?
2. On the percentage completed, why are some parts so low on completion compared to other parts? Did you plan to do everything else first, or what?
3. On the percentage completed, what's up with hacking? Is it for AR codes or for making the patch work?
4. On the Absolute Zero webpage, why has there not been any new screenshots of the game? Have you shown all there is to show, or do you want to keep us in the dark so that we'll be super impressed when we actually get to download the patch?
5. What is the estimated amount of time will this beta testing period last (whenever it has started?)
6. Why was it decided that this would be a full translation and not another crappy menu translation that doesn't help at all because Tales games are all about story?
7. Quite simply... Why Tales of Innocence? You could have picked something like Daigasso! Band Brothers or Ragnarok DS or Ys DS, but you chose ToI. Why?

And that's all I want to know. Very simple questions.
biggrin.gif
I am definitely getting this translation when it comes out, so I don't need to know odd stuff like "WTF is this game" or "how do i play" or "is this gonna be the full translation" or "does it have a language other than english" or crappy questions like that.

I hope at least question 6 or 7 is answered. I think those are the most important.
happy.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
7. Quite simply... Why Tales of Innocence? You could have picked something like Daigasso! Band Brothers or Ragnarok DS or Ys DS, but you chose ToI. Why?

I can answer this one.

Famitsu said in its review that Tales of Innocence was the best Tales of to date.

Ironically, Tales of Tempest also for the DS is the worst Tales of already done.

D

Deleted-134647

OP
1. Because are you doing ToI, does this possibly mean a future full translation patch for Tales of Hearts or whatever else is for the DS?
Nope. It just means we're doing ToI.

2. On the percentage completed, why are some parts so low on completion compared to other parts? Did you plan to do everything else first, or what?
Because I can't do everything at once. I give priority to what I feel is most important at the time.

3. On the percentage completed, what's up with hacking? Is it for AR codes or for making the patch work?
Hacking is Kingcom's department. It involves making sure nothing is broken and that everything looks nice.

4. On the Absolute Zero webpage, why has there not been any new screenshots of the game? Have you shown all there is to show, or do you want to keep us in the dark so that we'll be super impressed when we actually get to download the patch?
It's a combination of things, but the two main reasons are that I've shown examples of all the stuff that I would want to show in screenshots and that I started doing videos. Just think of the videos as hundreds of screenshots in rapid sequence!

5. What is the estimated amount of time will this beta testing period last (whenever it has started?)
About a month. Maybe.

6. Why was it decided that this would be a full translation and not another crappy menu translation that doesn't help at all because Tales games are all about story?
If I don't like a game enough to give it a proper translation, I don't work on it. The story is the fun part. It's where I can really stretch my translating wings.

Because Kingcom asked me if I wanted to work on Tales of Innocence. And I did. That's about all there was to it.

So there you go. Were you the one who IMed me earlier? If that was you, I was out getting dinner (sushi, stereotypically enough). That's why I didn't respond.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
throughhim413 said:
Nope. It just means we're doing ToI.

Because I can't do everything at once. I give priority to what I feel is most important at the time.

Hacking is Kingcom's department. It involves making sure nothing is broken and that everything looks nice.

It's a combination of things, but the two main reasons are that I've shown examples of all the stuff that I would want to show in screenshots and that I started doing videos. Just think of the videos as hundreds of screenshots in rapid sequence!

About a month. Maybe.

If I don't like a game enough to give it a proper translation, I don't work on it. The story is the fun part. It's where I can really stretch my translating wings.

Because Kingcom asked me if I wanted to work on Tales of Innocence. And I did. That's about all there was to it.

So there you go. Were you the one who IMed me earlier? If that was you, I was out getting dinner (sushi, stereotypically enough). That's why I didn't respond.
I haven't got on IM today, so nope!
biggrin.gif

And alrighty. That's good enough for me.
happy.gif

And orly? You're doing videos? I hadn't seen more than one, so I didn't think that there'd be more than one.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Ys 1 and 2 were released in English. Ragnarok DS is coming to the US January.

Hurrah? *Has no clue what the Ys series is or why it's popular, and had no idea about Ragnarok DS*
happy.gif

Oh and I just checked with gamespot, Ragnarok is coming out in the US in Feb, not Jan.

rolloverminutes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:

There is a translation for Ragnorak ds. i totally forgot it was in japanese cause i played it in english.

KiC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Inunah said:
To elaborate this a bit, a refined translation always need an endless amount of code changes. Be it to reposition a menu string, add a splash screen or add new sorts of variables to the game. Projects like Mother 3, Tales of Phantasia or Tales of Innocence all incorporate several hundred, if not more, changes to the code, and usually dozens or hundreds of kilobytes of new code.
In the case of Innocence, this includes ingame text formatting, new compressions, subtitles for everything ingame that was previously voiced only and lots of new variables (arte names, item names, a/an detection, whatever). Most of those things are necessary for every big project. They are necessary in order to make the game as natural as possible to an english speaking audience.
What's left is only minor stuff. A few bugs here, some hacks to the menus there, and the credits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here