XP
Country
Indonesia
lol, i also like my 'style'
happy.gif

still thinking what to translate next
smile.gif

any idea ?
keep in mind this is only basic translation so only things that really need to be translated.
earlier i was thinking about tactics, but honestly, i never use tactics when i played this game, at all. and i doubt most of you guys use it
happy.gif
so i'll gonna leave that untounched.

Phenie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good day all,

I'm interested in helping on this project, even in translating the entire storyline. I have no idea how to go about it, so I figured 'd post here where it seems some progress is bring made.

I'm fluent in Japanese, I have been fansubbing anime for well over a year now.

If I can help in some way or another please let me know, as I'd love to help out on this great game.

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day all,

I'm interested in helping on this project, even in translating the entire storyline. I have no idea how to go about it, so I figured 'd post here where it seems some progress is bring made.

If I can help in some way or another please let me know, as I'd love to help out on this great game.
Well, If you're looking to help translate the story, you might want to look in Psychoblaster's Translation. I'm not sure, but I don't think that Setya5785 is going to translate the story...(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
hello mr. setya5785

I've been lurking here and psycoblaster's for updates about TOI translation...

does your translation have the items, equipment and spell descriptions translated?

you said before that you'll be collaborating with psycoblaster with the translation... sorry to ask but when will you guys release your translation?

keep up the good work and I give a two thumbs up for the both of you and thanks for the translation, I really wanted to play this but can't understand moon speak XD!!!

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm, if you need any help with this project, I'd be glad to help ^^

thankz
happy.gif
i'm only doing some basic trans, so not really much to do actually
happy.gif

i appreciate the offer. but i think i got all my need covered for now, if there's something coming up, i'll let you know
happy.gif

*i mostly work base on whim only, so it's really unscheduled
happy.gif

Good day all,

Well, If you're looking to help translate the story, you might want to look in Psychoblaster's Translation. I'm not sure, but I don't think that Setya5785 is going to translate the story...(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

thankz, i appreciate the offer. but i think i got all my need covered for now, if there's something coming up, i'll let you know
happy.gif

*i mostly work base on whim only, so it's really unscheduled
happy.gif

I got the idea they were considering a joint effort, but either way, I'm sure they both read this thread
smile.gif
yes, we were talking about it few days ago, but we hardly see each other (online), so possibility we working together to hack is low, but nonetheless, i'm giving him translation list (already gave him the full list of style's skill/ability and definition) so he might release his new patch with style's ability and it's definition translated (which i only translated the name on my patch)

QUOTE(Serabii @ Feb 7 2008, 10:11 AM)
hello mr. setya5785

I've been lurking here and psycoblaster's for updates about TOI translation...

does your translation have the items, equipment and spell descriptions translated?

you said before that you'll be collaborating with psycoblaster with the translation... sorry to ask but when will you guys release your translation?

keep up the good work and I give a two thumbs up for the both of you and thanks for the translation, I really wanted to play this but can't understand moon speak XD!!!
read my aswer above your quote about jpint release. we're at different time zone and our spare/free time overlap each oher, so hardly able to communicate and not doing the hackingh together, just helping translating, at east for now. i'll keep releasing my own patch until i finish my goal (basic translation of this game).

about items, weapons and speel description, i haven't done any of those yet.
item is on my to do list, but weapon, i might not translate that, since the names won't make any different, most likely gamers only comparing their stats, right
happy.gif
spell descr, on the list also, but low priority.

just as a reminder of my project's goal, i aim for fast release of basic translation for this game, so for a complete one, please wait for psychoblaster's project release
happy.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the hard work!

I agree about the weapons. If the weapon descriptions have anything pertinent like "inflicts fire damage", that could be useful. But otherwise I don't think anybody really needs to know a bronze sword from a steel one, just that one does +6 and the other +8.

Translated items would definitely be a boon.

For all the people wanting to help, I suggest writing up walkthroughs. It will probably be a long time before the dialogue is translated, and I have yet to see any walkthrough in existence so chances are people are spending fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to do next because they can't read anything.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
try gamefaqs fo it, maybe there's one
happy.gif
i might makeone, but i'm a louzy walkthrough maker
smile.gif
)

btw, here's another revision to TOI20080206, sorry for the inconvinience.
the fix :
1. TP cost cut down translate fix (lol, i forgot to translate this
happy.gif
, i notice this when i open the rom in my editor)
2. Decay abilities typo fix (previously written as Deca?, lol ? and y only a digit difference so sorry for the mistake)

toitrans4fy1.png

[click to download]

for alll update info please visit http://setya5785.wordpress.com/tales-of-in...sh-translation/

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Patch info and download :

get info and download at http://setya5785.wordpress.com/tales-of-in...sh-translation/

Patch History :
TOI-R01 (25 feb 2008)
*fixed header info, hopefully gonna fix the bug when played on M3 (or other) cart

TOI20080206-rev3 (just now, check previous post in previous page)

* TP cost cut down translate fix (lol, i forgot to translate this
happy.gif
, i notice this when i open the rom in my editor)
* Decay abilities typo fix (previously written as Deca?, lol ? and y only a digit difference so sorry for the mistake)

TOI20080206-rev2

* added the ‘forgotten’ S-T sub menu (Use, Enter, Remove) and the ‘forgoten’ item sub (Use, Throw away/Remove)

TOI20080206 (6 Feb 2008)

* All Style's Skill

TOI20080203 (3 Feb 2008)

* Main menu
* Stats name
* Style name
* Library sub menu
* System sub menu
* Weapon Shop menu
* Weapon customize menu
* Item shop menu
* Guild menu
* Inn menu
* Options
* Options info

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif
smile.gif
)
That's what I mean, there hasn't been any walkthrough to date: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/942204.html That means anybody playing it either knows japanese, or has to wander aimlessly hoping to stumble upon the next step.

Haven't you taken on enough work on this game? Personally, I would advise not taking everything on your shoulders, you'll end up burning out and that wouldn't help anybody. Readable menus already go a considerable way toward making the game playable. Meanwhile, we can all continue wondering why there seems to be no chance of this being localized despite having production values heads and shoulders above any other DS game to date.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
happy.gif
smile.gif
)
That's what I mean, there hasn't been any walkthrough to date: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/942204.html That means anybody playing it either knows japanese, or has to wander aimlessly hoping to stumble upon the next step.

Haven't you taken on enough work on this game? Personally, I would advise not taking everything on your shoulders, you'll end up burning out and that wouldn't help anybody. Readable menus already go a considerable way toward making the game playable. Meanwhile, we can all continue wondering why there seems to be no chance of this being localized despite having production values heads and shoulders above any other DS game to date.

for walkthrough, the link that mike gave is quite nice
happy.gif
i just check it, it dated Dec 2007, and the walkthough, though quite simple, it could take you to the last boss
smile.gif

well, i might
happy.gif
but then again, this kind of activity is a refreshment between my daily activity ^^ beside, i only spent an hour or two at most on a release ^^ if you notice the 3 day gap between TOI20080203 and TOI20080206 release, i didn't even touch the translation before the TOI20080206 release
happy.gif
and just like yesterday, i have hard time sleeping and before i knew it, i star editing this game again, and create another patch ^^ so, it's not like i'm burderning myself, infact i'm enjoying myself
happy.gif

about the US release, i've read about that issue n some forum, a member said that a localized US version is in progress. he refer to a link that he claim to be an interview with the game producer, but i found that the link is dead. so i still don't know if it real or not, but i'm still hoping. it also get on my nerve that tales series are rarely localized :|

sweet awesome man
finally can start playing this =P

good luck or your play
wink.gif

i just check the walkthrough you linked up there, and compare it with my own experience playing, that walkthrough, though quite simple, it seem that it could take you through all the game (i'm currently arround tower of dawn, before the final boss). there's even translation on that walkthrough
happy.gif
i've notice one or two type (kanji) mistake (probably due to IME input) maybe i'll refine that walkthrough some other time as another side project, and added picture for item and equipment for reading enhancement
wink.gif

QUOTE(irpacynot @ Feb 8 2008, 03:37 AM)
Here's a dumb question...

I've only unpacked a handful of ROMs, so where would I place this patch?Â
unsure.gif
just place the file anywhere you want
happy.gif

extract Ninja 2.0 patcher i included on my blog, then just run ninja pather and load the rup file (patch file). after it load, browse for file from ninja GUI, get a clean Tales on Innocence ROM

By the way, like i said earlier, i had hard time sleeping last night, so i mess arround with this game for a while
smile.gif

i've managed to translated ALL the healing item. other kind of item hardly usable in battle or cannot be use directly, so i don't see the need to translate those in a hurry
happy.gif

for info and download of the latest patch please visit http://setya5785.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/...n-7th-feb-2008/

here's some screencap :

toitrans5cw4.png

The translated item :

toitrans6nr2.png

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice job! That's going to make things much easier being able to distinguish the items. Also good call on the walkthrough, I'm surprised it's so obscure that they didn't make it available on Gamefaqs, I couldn't even find one with Google or any mention that one existed.

And yeah, I've heard the rumors about it being localized but I'm skeptical, this is the internet afterall. I'll believe it when I read about it on a major game news site.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'll update the rest of the item desc later on when i have some free time (or just get bored with life)
smile.gif

but the rest are mostly plants and item use for weapon customize, so not really that important/urgent *i ahrdly ever use those item too
happy.gif

i'll try to do something to help with your save file later
smile.gif

lol, currently struggling on the last boss. man, even level 52 is not enough to get into tower of dawn :|
already manage to get to 55, but still need another 5 i guess to make it smoother in that tower
happy.gif

or you can use emulator to play teh part you wanna skip.
no$gba is a good one (shunny's website can convert no$gba save)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat