Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to update my firmware do I need to update atmosphere file and Hekate file on my sd card?
Is there a guide for me to follow? To do the update?
Also do I need to make a back up nand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to update my firmware do I need to update atmosphere file and Hekate file on my sd card?
Is there a guide for me to follow? To do the update?
Check this out:
https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Also do I need to make a back up nand?
If you’re already using an Emunand you don’t need to make another copy.

For give any more details you’ll have to share more information about your setup.

V1 Erista or V2 Mariko?

FW Version:
Atmos Version:
Hakate version:

contents of /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini
screenshot of /atmosphere directory

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the shops on tinfoil stop working

I need to install game from sd card? What program can I use?
I don’t want to setup tinfoil over usb just simple program to install one game please?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the shops on tinfoil stop working

I need to install game from sd card? What program can I use?
I don’t want to setup tinfoil over usb just simple program to install one game please?
You can install games from SD card or from your computer. I highly recommend installing games via your computer because not only is it faster but it saves you the step of having to manually move the file from your computer to your SD card. You have 2 more options when installing directly from the computer which are wireless and USB. USB is the preferred option as wireless is slower, less consistent, and more hassle to setup. TinWoo Installer is the best title installer in my humble opinion. Its lightweight, simple to use, and effective which is why its the only one that I use. To USB install, you will need a program on your computer to push the .NSP files. The one I couple with TinWoo Installer is NS-USBLoader.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me
When I shall install games using DBI and when I click on A nothing happened.
The simple solution is to not use DBI. Instead, I highly advise you switch to using TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues when using it.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
Tinfoil issue:

Most of the games I download and install from Tinfoil fail. The game is added to the main menu, I click to open, and it fails - booting me out to main menu. If I get the .nsp from another source and manually install it, the same games work fine.

Tinfoil used to work flawlessly.

What could be going wrong? I have tried several stores, including access to the paid version of titz pro, but nothing makes a difference. They all fail.

I am on latest firmware with latest sigpatches and latest atmosphere installed.

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil issue:

Most of the games I download and install from Tinfoil fail. The game is added to the main menu, I click to open, and it fails - booting me out to main menu. If I get the .nsp from another source and manually install it, the same games work fine.

Tinfoil used to work flawlessly.

What could be going wrong? I have tried several stores, including access to the paid version of titz pro, but nothing makes a difference. They all fail.

I am on latest firmware with latest sigpatches and latest atmosphere installed.

Thanks
Its dead. Everyone else has already moved on to other and much better title installers. This is now my third time recommending this today alone so I think its time for you to switch to using TinWoo Installer instead. You have no idea how many issues have been fixed by switching to using TinWoo. There's a reason why its the only title installer I personally use and always recommend.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
Its dead. Everyone else has already moved on to other and much better title installers. This is now my third time recommending this today alone so I think its time for you to switch to using TinWoo Installer instead. You have no idea how many issues have been fixed by switching to using TinWoo. There's a reason why its the only title installer I personally use and always recommend.
I can search, download and install games in Tinfoil. That's what I want to continue doing. There are no other store apps are there?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can search, download and install games in Tinfoil. That's what I want to continue doing. There are no other store apps are there?
No and that is precisely why its now dead as well as why no other apps do that; because it paints a big red target on your back that gets you shutdown sooner or later like SX OS. Same thing happened to Freeshop on the 3DS and CDNSP with the Switch earlier in its life. These types of services are designed to die down and have a very short lifespan. Getting accustomed to using them will only do you harm when they inevitably shutdown.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
No and that is precisely why its now dead as well as why no other apps do that; because it paints a big red target on your back that gets you shutdown sooner or later like SX OS. Same thing happened to Freeshop on the 3DS and CDNSP with the Switch earlier in its life. These types of services are designed to die down and have a very short lifespan. Getting accustomed to using them will only do you harm when they inevitably shutdown.
Hmmmm. None of this answers my original query. Tinfoil can download games just fine, but installs fail. My question was why that is.... if it's an installer issue, then is there a way to download in Tinfoil and use an external installer to install the nsp?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Jot down your Tits pro code and then delete tinfoil and all configs by removing the /switch/tinfoil directory (as well as the /tinfoil directory if it exists.)
  2. Redownload the tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io and place it in /switch.
  3. Enter hbmenu using title override and reinstall tinfoil.
  4. Add titspro comfig again.
  5. test and see if it works now from the main menu…

Reactions: 0bvious

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was moving a game into my sd card in games folder to install then next screen my console wouldn’t start up?
Any ideas what this means?

Attachments

• 9F6A5ECE-9179-4FA3-8AE8-F829CFA90892.png
    9F6A5ECE-9179-4FA3-8AE8-F829CFA90892.png
    3 MB · Views: 19

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was moving a game into my sd card in games folder to install then next screen my console wouldn’t start up?
Any ideas what this means?
It means emuMMC is forced but not enabled. Not sure if you disabled it by accident or never enabled it in the first place but it needs to be enabled. Simply launch back into Hekate then navigate to the emuMMC tab. Make sure its enabled with a green tick.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Jot down your Tits pro code and then delete tinfoil and all configs by removing the /switch/tinfoil directory (as well as the /tinfoil directory if it exists.)
  2. Redownload the tinfoil.nro self installer from tinfoil.io and place it in /switch.
  3. Enter hbmenu using title override and reinstall tinfoil.
  4. Add titspro comfig again.
  5. test and see if it works now from the main menu…
This seemed to work. Must have been some corruption with my keys file or something. Thanks!

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong