robertilles95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do this:
Followed by this:

Once you’re able to boot up successfully on Atmosphere, download the 14.1.2 FW from that Darthsternie Firmware site and do this:

should be good to go afterwards…
So I ve done the first two but as soon as i want to load to atmosphere i got now:
A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Invalid GPT signature

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ve done the first two but as soon as i want to load to atmosphere i got now:
A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Invalid GPT signature
a couple things to check:

In Hekate click ethe emummc button on the main page (it’s in the middle on the far right) and post a screenshot here of your emummc info & selection

Ensure that information matches what you have in sd:/emummc/emummc.ini (post here please)

image.jpg

https://gbatemp.net/threads/invalid-gpt-signature-fusee.605665/

You can also attempt to repair your GPT here by going to Tools -> Partition SDCard -> OK -> Fix Hybrid MBR -> OK -> Close

image.jpg

robertilles95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a couple things to check:

In Hekate click ethe emummc button on the main page (it’s in the middle on the far right) and post a screenshot here of your emummc info & selection

Ensure that information matches what you have in sd:/emummc/emummc.ini (post here please)

View attachment 314582

You can also attempt to repair your GPT here by going to Tools -> Partition SDCard -> OK -> Fix Hybrid MBR -> OK -> Close

View attachment 314583
IMG_20220620_121651.jpgIMG_20220620_121947.jpg

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x1b9b8000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 314584View attachment 314586

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x1b9b8000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

‘This all looks correct. Not sure why we’re getting such odd errors.

Since we’re just getting started and you don’t have a bunch of games or game saves to backup, let’s get to a clean state. The following will completely erase everything and get us into that state.

1) confirm there’s nothing wrong with the card by running a complete test with h2testw.
2) format the card as FAT32 w/ 32k blocks using rufus.
3) follow this https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND (do partition based Emunand)
4) block bans with this https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
5) Once you’re able to boot up successfully on Atmosphere, download the 14.1.2 FW from that Darthsternie Firmware site and do this: https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

literallyMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! again

So, "quick" question, i've tried installing games in system memory thru tinfoil (using patition based emunand), but when i tried to launch those games i get the error "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu.", and when checking the data manager the games show up as having a size of 0.00MB (despite taking the correct space in system storage).

So how can i get those games to run? i've searched and think its a sigpatches issue but i have no clue where to find these specific sigpatches without the fear of installing the wrong ones

Also im running 14.1.1 because im to lazy to update to the new version if thats needed to know

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! again

So, "quick" question, i've tried installing games in system memory thru tinfoil (using patition based emunand), but when i tried to launch those games i get the error "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu.", and when checking the data manager the games show up as having a size of 0.00MB (despite taking the correct space in system storage).

So how can i get those games to run? i've searched and think its a sigpatches issue but i have no clue where to find these specific sigpatches without the fear of installing the wrong ones

Also im running 14.1.1 because im to lazy to update to the new version if thats needed to know
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You definitely removed the leading semicolon and changed the 1 to a 0.
This is perfect!
Where is your system_settings.ini file located?
in atmosphere/config.
I went and downloaded someone else's setting online and that seemed to have done the trick. It's possible that I edited that ini file with my txt editor and the saved version isn't recognized properly as an ini file as a result.
Anyway thanks for your help!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in atmosphere/config.
I went and downloaded someone else's setting online and that seemed to have done the trick. It's possible that I edited that ini file with my txt editor and the saved version isn't recognized properly as an ini file as a result.
Anyway thanks for your help!
Glad you’re sorted! Enjoy your switch.

Reactions: simsimsim

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Glad your sorted. Enjoy your switch.

You can leave the files alone for OFW. OFW will not use the files on the card and will just use the card to store games and screenshots.

Technically you could just back up all the files to your PC and format the sdcard if you’d like but please make sure we’re absolutely talking about running just Official Firmware (OFC) on this card before doing anything permanent.
i tried booting the switch but it doesnt boot, it shows "you cant boot it"
sd card is empty..

the only i know not to copy is the games (content folder)

i dont want to format the sd card (jb files)
if possible i want to switch cfw and ofw and vice versa

also going back, tesla and overlay is not working
tried to install it again but it will not boot then i delete it and works fine again
is not compatible with the latest firmware?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 288223189_760567718278373_150074104128128436_n.jpg
    288223189_760567718278373_150074104128128436_n.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 27

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried booting the switch but it doesnt boot, it shows "you cant boot it"
sd card is empty..

the only i know not to copy is the games (content folder)

i dont want to format the sd card (jb files)
if possible i want to switch cfw and ofw and vice versa

also going back, tesla and overlay is not working
tried to install it again but it will not boot then i delete it and works fine again
is not compatible with the latest firmware?
What you are describing isn’t OFW at all. you talking about games installed on the card but they won’t work with OFW. Not sure what you mean by switching CFW and OFW. Let’s not even talk about system modules (like Tesla) until we figure out what we’re doing with the Operating System first. I am very confused about what you want to do. Perhaps you can restate your goals.

Nightf0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
hello updated my emumnand via daybreak to 14.1.2, how can i update sysnand ofw to 14.1.2 apart from going online and normally updating is there another way to update the ofw sysnand ? TIA

jacqylfrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently trying to mod out a feature in a game with LayeredFS on Atmosphere, but I need to "remove" the file, and I'm not certain if there's a way to do this.

For Yuzu, at least, it seems you can "stub" files, would include link, but new account restrictions:

RomFS Extension (romfs_ext)​

The RomFS Extension dir contains patches and stubs for romfs files. This allows modders to delete files within the romfs if a file of the same name but the extension .stub is found at the same directory within romfs_ext. Similarly, if a file with the same name but with extension .ips is found at the same directory within romfs_ext, the base game file will be patched with it.

I did this, trying in /atmosphere/contents/0100854015868000/romfs_ext, putting .stub files with the filenames I was trying to remove, in the proper subfolders.

I also tried them in the romfs folder, as well as in \atmosphere\titles\0100854015868000\exefs as detailed in the release notes of Atmosphere 0.7.0

Extended to support arbitrary redirection of executable content to the SD card.
  • Files will be preferentially loaded from /atmosphere/titles//exefs/, if present.
  • Files present in the original exefs a user wants to mark as not present may be "stubbed" by creating a .stub file on the SD.
Am I understanding how this works correctly? I can't find much mention of this functionality past the initial release notes, and I'm not even certain this feature is still a thing. I know LayeredFS is working because I have mods functioning just fine.

To reiterate, the base game has files I want removed, and I'd prefer to do it via LayeredFS as opposed to like, extracting, modifying the nsp, actually deleting the files, and recompiling it.

I have tried all three ways I've detailed above, but I can detect no actual change in the game.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello updated my emumnand via daybreak to 14.1.2, how can i update sysnand ofw to 14.1.2 apart from going online and normally updating is there another way to update the ofw sysnand ? TIA
Downloading OFW is typically best done via Ninty’s servers. That’s kinda the point of Sysnand….to be 100% clean and able to go online.

That said, just running Atmosphere is not a ban risk so you can set up your hekate_ipl.ini to boot CFW on Sysnand.

Check out the [Atmo SYS] section of the official template file for an example of how it can be done:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/blob/master/res/hekate_ipl_template.ini

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What you are describing isn’t OFW at all. you talking about games installed on the card but they won’t work with OFW. Not sure what you mean by switching CFW and OFW. Let’s not even talk about system modules (like Tesla) until we figure out what we’re doing with the Operating System first. I am very confused about what you want to do. Perhaps you can restate your goals.
im sorry if im confusing.

i want to play the normal switch (not jb)
i will buy games on eshop (because i do understand that i cannot bring te jb games)
i will play online, subscribe play with my friends legitamately

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry if im confusing.

i want to play the normal switch (not jb)
i will buy games on eshop (because i do understand that i cannot bring te jb games)
i will play online, subscribe play with my friends legitamately
Great! Thank you for clarifying.

What you are describing is simple OFW on Sysnand. You don’t even need an SD card in this scenario and can simply remove it and reboot.

if you do want to use the card for game and screenshot storage just backup anything on the the sd card and format it using rufus.

If you still want to have Hekate you can simply set it up to either boot with CFW (not bannable as long as you don’t install piracy) or without CFW (stock).

There are some examples of how to do that here:

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Great! Thank you for clarifying.

What you are describing is simple OFW on Sysnand. You don’t even need an SD card in this scenario and can simply remove it and reboot.

if you do want to use the card for game and screenshot storage just backup anything on the the sd card and format it using rufus.

If you still want to have Hekate you can simply set it up to either boot with CFW (not bannable as long as you don’t install piracy) or without CFW (stock).

There are some examples of how to do that here:

if i boot empty sd card or no sd card, this is what happen. it doesnt boot at all.
no atmosphere logo or no logo at all just this pic

Attachments

• 288223189_760567718278373_150074104128128436_n.jpg
    288223189_760567718278373_150074104128128436_n.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 24

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes different card same switch (v2)

this happen if sd card is empty (no files inside) or no sd card at all
when i put back my sd card with jb files, its working fine
In that case you simply need another entry in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file to boot Stock.

Add this stanza to your helate_ipl.ini file and select it in Hekate:

[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

‘Please note that you will need to stop the autoboot from happening in Hekate by tapping (Vol -) when you see the first Hekate logo. Once autoboot is stopped yiu can use the Hekate tool and more importantly, boot into other options such as your newly provisioned Stock option.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry if the question doesnt belong here. but does anyone know a place where i can find infos about MH Rise Switch modding? most mods on nexus require tools which are pc only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat