Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

robertilles95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
‘This all looks correct. Not sure why we’re getting such odd errors.

Since we’re just getting started and you don’t have a bunch of games or game saves to backup, let’s get to a clean state. The following will completely erase everything and get us into that state.

1) confirm there’s nothing wrong with the card by running a complete test with
2) format the card as FAT32 w/ 32k blocks using
3) follow thi (do partition based Emunand)
4) block bans with thi
5) Once you’re able to boot up successfully on Atmosphere, download the 14.1.2 FW from that Darthsternie Firmware site and do this:
same thing, "A fatal error occured when running fusee. Invalid GPT singnature."
h2testw shows 6hrs because I have a slow card reader, so I'll wait till wednesday when the new arrives, until I can try 2 other MicroSDs.

Reactions: binkinator

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
give me ur discord i add you. people somehow cant add me. i add ya. i cant tell you where to get a chip cause my switch is a unpatched one (no need for chip). but i can tell you about it there

robertilles95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well thank you very much for your help!
so I was looking around with the GPT error. in an other thread they were asking the guy if the he/she has fakesd card as you can check these infos in Hekate. Turned out, my micro SD is FAKE... 128Gb one i have, has worked without problem.
As im already on 14.1.2, should I still follow the last step?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thank you very much for your help!
you bet.
so I was looking around with the GPT error. in an other thread they were asking the guy if the he/she has fakesd card as you can check these infos in Hekate. Turned out, my micro SD is FAKE... 128Gb one i have, has worked without problem.
As im already on 14.1.2, should I still follow the last step?

This is why step number 1 was:
1) confirm there’s nothing wrong with the card by running a complete test with h2testw.

Unfortunately it’s a more common problem than it should be…. 🙁

Get a legitimate SDCard before you waste time doing any other steps. Once you have a known good card then by all means finish the steps.

Kodykthnx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing atmosphere with hekate for the first time on my original switch model. Everything went well until I tried switching out of applet mode by launching a game while holding R, which is when I noticed every single one of my games said they had corrupt data. I've read that this is a problem with pirated switch games and to use sigpatches, but all of my games are legit. Trying my best not to get banned here, using 90dns and hoping the logs weren't sent to nintendo, idunno. Updated my switch to 14.1.2, while my emunand stayed on 14.1.1. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing atmosphere with hekate for the first time on my original switch model. Everything went well until I tried switching out of applet mode by launching a game while holding R, which is when I noticed every single one of my games said they had corrupt data. I've read that this is a problem with pirated switch games and to use sigpatches, but all of my games are legit.
Update your Sigpatches…seriously.
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

Dump your legit games with NXDumptool or if all else fails, download “backups” and

…reinstall your games.
Trying my best not to get banned here, using 90dns and hoping the logs weren't sent to nintendo, idunno.
Atmosphere redirects logs to local sd card.
90DNS would prevent you from connecting to Ninty too so you’re double covered.

Atmosphere now comes with built in Prodinfo blanking (similar to Incognito) and dns:mitm (similar to 90DNS but managed locally before a DNS request even makes it outside of your Switch)

Exosphere/dns:mitmthe best way to set up exosphere.ini and default,txt.

Test once you’re all set up:

• 90DNSTester -- DNS tester to make sure Ninty can't find you while playing hide-n-seek!
Updated my switch to 14.1.2, while my emunand stayed on 14.1.1. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Sysnand can be on 14.1.2 and Emunand can be on something else. That’s totally fine (aka, not broken.) Consider them two completely different environments…because they are. :-)

If you would like to update you can dump the firmware from Sysnand like so:

https://rentry.org/DumpFirmware

Alternatively you could also search for the Darthsternie Firmware dumps.

Once you have fir,ware in hand you can use Daybreak.nro (included w/ Atmosphere) to upgrade your Emunand Firmware like so:

https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

That should do it.

‘feel free to read the rest of the information available here: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by binkinator,

maxfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I did some poking around and wasn't able to find any documentation on this topic, so if something already exists I'd love to see it! I'm interested in learning about how to mod game visuals to improve them. There are a few members who already do so, but there are some games they haven't made a mod for yet and or may never get to. Thus I wanted to take a shot at making my own. Is it as simple as unpacking the game, finding a config file, editing it, and repacking it to add to the atmosphere folder? Not sure where to start so any guidance would be most appreciated. Thank you!

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
In that case you simply need another entry in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file to boot Stock.

Add this stanza to your helate_ipl.ini file and select it in Hekate:

‘Please note that you will need to stop the autoboot from happening in Hekate by tapping (Vol -) when you see the first Hekate logo. Once autoboot is stopped yiu can use the Hekate tool and more importantly, boot into other options such as your newly provisioned Stock option.
wait its a bit complicated than i thought.

i will add that stanza in hekate_ipl.ini in my new sd card
but what files should stay? to avoid being banned or detected
one thing im sure not to copy is the Nintendo/Contents cause this is were the jb games stored

there is an option in my RR that can boot to ofw. can i use that?
(see pic on the right with the icon ofw)

Attachments

• 287641838_545844443666323_4540719976671748843_n.jpg
    287641838_545844443666323_4540719976671748843_n.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 24

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait its a bit complicated than i thought.

i will add that stanza in hekate_ipl.ini in my new sd card
but what files should stay? to avoid being banned or detected
one thing im sure not to copy is the Nintendo/Contents cause this is were the jb games stored

there is an option in my RR that can boot to ofw. can i use that?
(see pic on the right with the icon ofw)

There is no need to swap cards since you're not using anything on the card. You may as well use the same one.

Yes, I imagine RR will work very similarly.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There is no need to swap cards since you're not using anything on the card. You may as well use the same one.

Yes, I imagine RR will work very similarly.
"use the same one"
i thought if i connect to any nintendo website like eshop etc and it found out that my console
has unpaid game or file that is not allowed. i will get banned abd cannot access any nintendo anymore.

or atleast thats what im afraid of and trying to avoid..

Last edited by prof72,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"use the same one"
i thought if i connect to any nintendo website like eshop etc and it found out that my console
has unpaid game or file that is not allowed. i will get banned abd cannot access any nintendo anymore.

or atleast thats what im afraid of and trying to avoid..

If you do not install “backups” of NSPs or XCIs on your Sysnand there Is nothing for Ninty to “see”. Everything will be 100% legit just like Ninty intended you to use it. You will be able to use eShop and play Online games without any fear whatsoever as long as you play by the rules.

On the same machine you make a copy of the Sysnand (called Emunand). If you install something on Emunand it is completely separate from anything that was installed on Sysnand. The two cannot see each other in any way.

Swapping cards does nothing more for you than swapping Sysnand vs Emunand (and put stress on an already weak sd card reader.)

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you do not install “backups” of NSPs or XCIs on your Sysnand there Is nothing for Ninty to “see”. Everything will be 100% legit just like Ninty intended you to use it. You will be able to use eShop and play Online games without any fear whatsoever as long as you play by the rules.
how to check if there is back up installed on sysnand?

since im using the same sd card, do i need to delete the jb games? or just leave them be and just not play them?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to check if there is back up installed on sysnand?
that would be a “backup” of a game in the form of an NSP or XCI. Unless you have run CFW on your Sysnand and installed NSP/XCI you will not have “backups” running on your Sysnand. Only you will know if you have done this.
since im using the same sd card, do i need to delete the jb games? or just leave them be and just not play them?
When you boot into Sysnand it shouldn’t have any games installed. Games will have been installed on Emunand. Since they are two separate systems there is no way for Sysnand to be aware of what is installed on your Emunand.

e: if on the other hand you have been installing piracy on your Sysnand it’s going to be tricky for you to clean it all well enough to avoid a ban anyway so it’s recommended in that case that you stay offline…which ironically is a self ban so now we’re back where we started.

Make sense?

e: as luck would have it there’s a discussion going on about this very thing:

Kira26111

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, hope you're all well.

I'm interested in buying a modded switch but I had some questions if you don't mind. Firstly does this work similar to the Vita mod where you have a home brew store and can install games through an app or is it more difficult? Also if the console gets banned will I still be able to download games on it through the homebrew? I don't play very much online so just wanted to know that if things do go wrong am I still able to play my games offline and download new ones.

Thanks all

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hope you're all well.

I'm interested in buying a modded switch but I had some questions if you don't mind. Firstly does this work similar to the Vita mod where you have a home brew store and can install games through an app or is it more difficult?
The hbappstore will help install many homebrew apps and games via a gui but installing additional homebrew is relatively straightforward even if it’s not in the store. Instructions are typically in the README.md for each app.

Backups of official games have to be sourced elsewhere.

Also if the console gets banned will I still be able to download games on it through the homebrew?
A ban only prevents you from connecting to official Ninty services such as the eshop and online multiplayer games.
Homebrew, of course, will always download and install, regardless of ban status.
Sourcing official backups will be the only way to get new games with a banned switch.
I don't play very much online so just wanted to know that if things do go wrong am I still able to play my games offline and download new ones.

Thanks all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from...