Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody !
I'm back with another noob question. So I did my fiancee's Switch like last time.
Sysnand + emummc.

She wants to try some mods for PLA, but the idea would be to avoid it to be flagged / present on the Sysnand. Only Emummc. But based on the folder structure, the mods must be put in the root of the SD card rather than the partition of the emummc.

Is there an option or a file to edit to give the instruction to load the mod only on emummc ?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody !
I'm back with another noob question. So I did my fiancee's Switch like last time.
Sysnand + emummc.

She wants to try some mods for PLA, but the idea would be to avoid it to be flagged / present on the Sysnand. Only Emummc. But based on the folder structure, the mods must be put in the root of the SD card rather than the partition of the emummc.

Is there an option or a file to edit to give the instruction to load the mod only on emummc ?

Thanks
Well the simple answer is no but rest assured that the mods will never load on sysMMC as long as you never launch CFW on sysMMC. If you're using Hekate & that paranoid someone may accidentally launch it, you can remove the CFW - sysMMC option from your hekate_ipl.ini file. If you're not using Hekate and instead using fusee...just hope that fusee is always launching emuMMC or, you know, switch to the superior Hekate.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the simple answer is no but rest assured that the mods will never load on sysMMC as long as you never launch CFW on sysMMC. If you're using Hekate & that paranoid someone may accidentally launch it, you can remove the CFW - sysMMC option from your hekate_ipl.ini file. If you're not using Hekate and instead using fusee...just hope that fusee is always launching emuMMC or, you know, switch to the superior Hekate.

Thanks for the answer but sady it's a big nope.
We use sysnand with cfw for sysbot etc, so we'd use the game on both sys and emu witch cfw on it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer but sady it's a big nope.
We use sysnand with cfw for sysbot etc, so we'd use the game on both sys and emu witch cfw on it
Well maybe the next best thing would be a way to disable & enable the mods on demand. There is a homebrew application by the name of SimpleModManager which should be able to accomplish this.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well maybe the next best thing would be a way to disable & enable the mods on demand. There is a homebrew application by the name of SimpleModManager which should be able to accomplish this.
Am a right in thinking that ROMs downloaded from unofficial sources are a cfw emunand only thing?

Been reading up a little on the emunand thing and seen a 64gb SD is the minimum, that's the largest I have and what is currently in my switch, just ordered a 256gb card, that stung a bit but I've seen what the games I have use up and fortnight takes up 14gb alone so I doubt 128gb is big enough when adding more than a couple of games if 64gb is taken up by emunand!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am a right in thinking that ROMs downloaded from unofficial sources are a cfw emunand only thing?

Been reading up a little on the emunand thing and seen a 64gb SD is the minimum, that's the largest I have and what is currently in my switch, just ordered a 256gb card, that stung a bit but I've seen what the games I have use up and fortnight takes up 14gb alone so I doubt 128gb is big enough when adding more than a couple of games if 64gb is taken up by emunand!
Its recommended to use them only in emuMMC because if you install them in sysMMC then go online with sysMMC, you risk getting banned. As for the storage, emuMMC by default is 32 GB in size. Keep in mind though that this space is mostly empty space because its a copy of sysMMC which is also 32 GB. Most of that empty space is the internal memory. Couple that with the remaining free space on the SD card after setting up emuMMC and you have more space than you may realize.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its recommended to use them only in emuMMC because if you install them in sysMMC then go online with sysMMC, you risk getting banned. As for the storage, emuMMC by default is 32 GB in size. Keep in mind though that this space is mostly empty space because its a copy of sysMMC which is also 32 GB. Most of that empty space is the internal memory. Couple that with the remaining free space on the SD card after setting up emuMMC and you have more space than you may realize.
One thing is still confusing me.

If I were to download a save file and install it to the hacked side, I think it was you that said the save can be transfered over to the legit console.

Wouldn't transferring over a save expose the hacked side to the non hacked side of the hacked console if you have to link the consoles via a Nintendo account online?

Have I mistaken that its possible to transfer save files?

I have almost legitimately achieved the only save I'd really be bothered with and that's Mario kart, just going back though the 200cc at the moment to get all 3 stars instead of just told which I settled for initially: and have already re done all other classes with 3 stars, of the stress 200cc is causing me!

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the override combo that frees up memory. It‘s a special use case. Here’s a good thread on it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-in-the-nine-hells-is-title-override.605707/

Once again @binkinator. You truly smashed it out the park once again. That thread was absolutely spot on. OP was asking all the questions I've been racking my brain trying to figure out. It now makes sense, and like OP, I'm now able to access Checkpoint, whereas before the override combo, apps like Checkpoint and Switch News would immediately crash and return me back to the Homebrew menu.

Thanks again for all the help. Oh.. and before I forget.. Switch News looks like it's offline. Do you know how long it's been down for? And will we see it back up any time soon? If not, I may remove it for the time being. I'm trying to keep my Switch as de-cluttered as possible while I get the hang of everything.

Next up.. The Tesla Overlay Menu!

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh god! I've went one step too far and now my Switch won't power on.

After finding out I had outdated firmware running on my Switch, I went ahead and attempted to update the firmware. Strange thing is I never commit the process. All I simply did was copy the latest version of the Firmware (Firmware 13.2.1.zip ) from this link HERE. After downloading, I extracted its contents to a new folder I created on the root of the SD card called firmware.

My plan was to install it via Daybreak, but after entering the SD Card back into my Switch, it simply refuses to boot up. The screen is completely black. The Switch is fully charged so I'm not overly concerned there. My SD Card is formatted to FAT32 so I'm not overly concerned with my SD Card being corrupted.

What can I do to restore my previous state? Please don't tell me I'm going to have to reinstall everything. It's taken me days to get up and running to this point. Wishing I had left the thing alone now since it all seemed to be working fine! :nayps3:

========================

UPDATE: After a mad panic, I simply deleted the firmware folder and left my Switch hooked up to the charger. After a little while, I booted back up and all seems to be working fine.

Last edited by bupeapoop,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again @binkinator. You truly smashed it out the park once again. That thread was absolutely spot on. OP was asking all the questions I've been racking my brain trying to figure out. It now makes sense, and like OP, I'm now able to access Checkpoint, whereas before the override combo, apps like Checkpoint and Switch News would immediately crash and return me back to the Homebrew menu.

Thanks again for all the help. Oh.. and before I forget.. Switch News looks like it's offline. Do you know how long it's been down for? And will we see it back up any time soon? If not, I may remove it for the time being. I'm trying to keep my Switch as de-cluttered as possible while I get the hang of everything.

Next up.. The Tesla Overlay Menu!

it’s been a while since Switch News last worked. I’ve kept it on mine in hopes they bring it back. Been pondering setting up my own content feed and repointing it here.

Tesla is very useful. Enjoy your next rabbit hole!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god! I've went one step too far and now my Switch won't power on.

After finding out I had outdated firmware running on my Switch, I went ahead and attempted to update the firmware. Strange thing is I never commit the process. All I simply did was copy the latest version of the Firmware (Firmware 13.2.1.zip ) from this link HERE. After downloading, I extracted its contents to a new folder I created on the root of the SD card called firmware.

My plan was to install it via Daybreak, but after entering the SD Card back into my Switch, it simply refuses to boot up. The screen is completely black. The Switch is fully charged so I'm not overly concerned there. My SD Card is formatted to FAT32 so I'm not overly concerned with my SD Card being corrupted.

What can I do to restore my previous state? Please don't tell me I'm going to have to reinstall everything. It's taken me days to get up and running to this point. Wishing I had left the thing alone now since it all seemed to be working fine! :nayps3:

========================

UPDATE: After a mad panic, I simply deleted the firmware folder and left my Switch hooked up to the charger. After a little while, I booted back up and all seems to be working fine.

Nothing you did above would have caused that. Provided there is no other missing points to consider I’d say this was battery (maybe AutoRCM?) related and it just needed a reset/time/charge. To prove the theory, since you know how to get back now ;-) , put the /firmware folder and it’s contents back. Should perform just like normal. If so, make sure your Atmosphere can handle the FW level and if so, go ahead and update it. It will be fine.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys,have a question and doubt:from the Usb c of the Switch comes out the video signal without connecting it to the Dockstation or not?
To be able to connect it directly to an external source.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys,have a question and doubt:from the Usb c of the Switch comes out the video signal without connecting it to the Dockstation or not?
To be able to connect it directly to an external source.

Video signal is in fact carried through the USB C connection but you will need an adapter to match your TV‘s input form factor (most likely HDMI). Something like this:

6A2B1805-EA5F-4383-BDF4-0A398951E5E7.jpeg

This guy might do the trick as well. It’s a bit “cleaner”:

31258798-DEFB-4347-B884-B9A08C63B15B.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: NeoGranzon

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the best way to backup all save games for all users?

JKSV should do everything you want:

Quick Guide​

1. Main/User Menu
    • A Selects the currently highlighted user and allows you to browse their titles.
    • Y Dumps the save data for all users.
    • X opens the sub menu of options for the currently highlighted user:
      • Dump All for [X] dumps all of the saves for the highlighted user.
      • Create save data opens a list of games found on your switch and will allow to create save data for them without needing to start the games.
        • SVI files located in JKSV/svi will also be loaded and added to this list. These are to create save data for games not currently on the system. This is for games that search for other saves to unlock extra content.
        • Cache saves require a cache index number to be created. This information can be found under information for a cache save when being exported.
      • Create All Save Data creates save data for every title on your system for the selected user.
      • Delete All Save Data deletes all save data for the selected user. This is permanant.
    • Settings and Extras below.

Reactions: ganons

mouratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to all
I have finally found a cheap used Switch and bought it.I am looking for a complete guide to Jailbreak it without problems and start playing. I found some guides but is best to ask you PROS and get your opinion because its my first time with a switch.

I think im ready.
Switch is not Patched
Micro SD 512gb
RCM Jig clip
System Version 13.2.1

Thanks in advance!!!

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Out of sheer interest, how often do you recommend checking your CFW, Sigpatches and Firmware to ensure they are all up-to-date? AIO-Switch-Update seems like the perfect tool. Earlier this morning, I used it to update my Firmware after finding out I had an outdated version. Between AIO-S-U and Daybreak, I managed to successfully update to the latest Firmware version and all seems to be working well.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing is still confusing me.

If I were to download a save file and install it to the hacked side, I think it was you that said the save can be transfered over to the legit console.

Wouldn't transferring over a save expose the hacked side to the non hacked side of the hacked console if you have to link the consoles via a Nintendo account online?

Have I mistaken that its possible to transfer save files?

I have almost legitimately achieved the only save I'd really be bothered with and that's Mario kart, just going back though the 200cc at the moment to get all 3 stars instead of just told which I settled for initially: and have already re done all other classes with 3 stars, of the stress 200cc is causing me!
I never said save data could be transferred from emuMMC to sysMMC. The reverse is possible (from sysMMC to emuMMC) by remaking emuMMC since emuMMC is initally just a copy of sysMMC but without going online or using homebrew on sysMMC, there is no way to move saves out of emuMMC and into sysMMC.
Hello to all
I have finally found a cheap used Switch and bought it.I am looking for a complete guide to Jailbreak it without problems and start playing. I found some guides but is best to ask you PROS and get your opinion because its my first time with a switch.

I think im ready.
Switch is not Patched
Micro SD 512gb
RCM Jig clip
System Version 13.2.1

Thanks in advance!!!
I always recommend this guide to all users as it was one of the first.
Out of sheer interest, how often do you recommend checking your CFW, Sigpatches and Firmware to ensure they are all up-to-date? AIO-Switch-Update seems like the perfect tool. Earlier this morning, I used it to update my Firmware after finding out I had an outdated version. Between AIO-S-U and Daybreak, I managed to successfully update to the latest Firmware version and all seems to be working well.
I would highly recommend NOT using the AIO Switch Updater. Yes, it does look like the perfect tool if it actually performed its functions without a hitch which it doesn't always do. Many users have issues after using it which is to be expected of a tool that automates a process, a process that can easily change from one CFW version to another. Maybe you haven't had an issue now but eventually, it may happen. And when it does, you will need to update your files manually so might as well build the habit now.

Anyways, there are different times when you update CFW versus firmware. There are no downsides to updating your CFW so you could theoretically always update your CFW whenever a new version of that releases but that could be tedious. The other time you would normally update CFW is when you update your firmware. As for when to update your firmware, that is only when a game or other type of content (e.g. update or DLC) requires a higher firmware in order to launch. Generally, newer content requires higher firmware versions but they may still work on older firmware versions. What I would at least recommend is to not immediately jump to the latest firmware if a new firmware version is released since homebrew & CFW are not always updated concurrently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1