Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

The_Time_Is_Nigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make a texture mod for animal crossing but Googling to find out how to make texture mods for switch is only leading to info on where to place my LayeredFS mods after I've downloaded them online. Can someone point me in the right direction?

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried using both goldleaf and tinwoo to install a game update for 2 different games. Both gave me an error that it had too old of firmware.

Do I still use daybreak to update to the latest firmware or is there something better now?

veenx0704

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've successfully backed up my switch with hakate + and backed up prod keys using lockpick.

Then I SD partitioned + enabled emummc then launched CFW (emuMMC).
and
I have a question
I am trying to play my real cartridge game and it needs to be updated to play.

How do you update cartridge games while on CFW(emuMMC)?

Edit:

Is it ok just do-
Launch Stock switch and download the updates normally (and set those data to be saved on Sd Card)
then
open SD card from PC and just copy the "Nintendo" folder to emuMMC "Nintendo" folder...is this ok?

Doesn't work...;/

Please give me a suggestion on how to update games on CFW(emuMMC) ><

Last edited by veenx0704,

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recently switched from SXOS to atmosphere. Now I thought about making a backup of my SD card in case of a defect. With SXOS this was quite easy, just copy all the files including the emunand files. But with Atmosphere I had to make a partition for the emunand and a second one for the "SD card". Any hints on how to backup everything the smartest way? I could in theory make a complete image of the card with all partition info, but I would rather only have the backup this way on last resort...

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi I've successfully backed up my switch with hakate + and backed up prod keys using lockpick.

Then I SD partitioned + enabled emummc then launched CFW (emuMMC).
and
I have a question
I am trying to play my real cartridge game and it needs to be updated to play.

How do you update cartridge games while on CFW(emuMMC)?

Edit:

Is it ok just do-
Launch Stock switch and download the updates normally (and set those data to be saved on Sd Card)
then
open SD card from PC and just copy the "Nintendo" folder to emuMMC "Nintendo" folder...is this ok?

Doesn't work...;/

Please give me a suggestion on how to update games on CFW(emuMMC) ><
On this case, you have to copy your Nintendo folder from the root of ypur SD Card and move it to the EmuMMC folder if I am correct.

Then, maybe it will show all the update data for your games.

Reactions: veenx0704

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask here bc the game works without mods so i thought it's something related to that.
When I load Animal Crossing (Newest update), regardless of if i modified the new values for the game's cheats it crashes right as i open it with this:

"Panic occurred while running Atmosphere."
"Title ID: 010041544D530000
Error: std::abort (0xFFE)"

Everything about my copy i own is legal, i purchased both ACNH and got the expansion through the NSO membership. I can run fine with no mods, but the moment i put in anything it gives me this error.
Can I have some advice on how to potentially fix this? I think it was an error i've been having since the update and IDK if it's because i need to own the dlc outside of the NSO membership or not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make a texture mod for animal crossing but Googling to find out how to make texture mods for switch is only leading to info on where to place my LayeredFS mods after I've downloaded them online. Can someone point me in the right direction?
A texture mod would be file replacement so you would be using LayeredFS. In order to use LayeredFS, you put the mods in a folder inside the atmosphere folder that is named after the title ID of the game you wish to mod.
I've tried using both goldleaf and tinwoo to install a game update for 2 different games. Both gave me an error that it had too old of firmware.

Do I still use daybreak to update to the latest firmware or is there something better now?
Well what is your current firmware version?
can i use inconigto rcm on my sysnand and go online with a legit game??
Incognito doesn't prevent you from getting banned; its a temporary self-imposed ban.
I recently switched from SXOS to atmosphere. Now I thought about making a backup of my SD card in case of a defect. With SXOS this was quite easy, just copy all the files including the emunand files. But with Atmosphere I had to make a partition for the emunand and a second one for the "SD card". Any hints on how to backup everything the smartest way? I could in theory make a complete image of the card with all partition info, but I would rather only have the backup this way on last resort...
Well you answered your own question. If the emuMMC is a partition, then it doesn't exist as a file. You can backup everything as separate files and folders but a backup of the emuMMC involves making an image of the SD card. Hekate also has a backup emuMMC option.
I'll ask here bc the game works without mods so i thought it's something related to that.
When I load Animal Crossing (Newest update), regardless of if i modified the new values for the game's cheats it crashes right as i open it with this:

"Panic occurred while running Atmosphere."
"Title ID: 010041544D530000
Error: std::abort (0xFFE)"

Everything about my copy i own is legal, i purchased both ACNH and got the expansion through the NSO membership. I can run fine with no mods, but the moment i put in anything it gives me this error.
Can I have some advice on how to potentially fix this? I think it was an error i've been having since the update and IDK if it's because i need to own the dlc outside of the NSO membership or not.
Game mods are usually version specific so the mods need to be updated for the new version.

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well you answered your own question. If the emuMMC is a partition, then it doesn't exist as a file. You can backup everything as separate files and folders but a backup of the emuMMC involves making an image of the SD card. Hekate also has a backup emuMMC option.
I just found a post about the "TheyKilledKenny Emutool" with which it appears to be possible to convert the emunand partition to a file system for easy backup and handling. Any experience with that?

Light9384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using goldleaf to install some nsp games on my sd card. I am having a weird problem... Some of the files are only installing a few MB (less than 100). The installation is a also going really fast (only a few seconds, even for big games). When I go to the home menu, I have a cloud icon next to their title, telling me to download the game to play it. I'm not sure how to fully install them?

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I was around homebrew menu on my SysNAND with 90DNS thing.

The accident I did, is that I ran the tinfoil installer for a milisecond and uninstalled the Tinfoil from the menu, turning on airplane mode immediately.

I did make sure that didn't left any traces on my play history and stuff. For now, doesn't seems to be the case.

Am I screwed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found a post about the "TheyKilledKenny Emutool" with which it appears to be possible to convert the emunand partition to a file system for easy backup and handling. Any experience with that?
Unfortunately I have never used it but I have heard of it. It might be worth giving it a shot.
I am using goldleaf to install some nsp games on my sd card. I am having a weird problem... Some of the files are only installing a few MB (less than 100). The installation is a also going really fast (only a few seconds, even for big games). When I go to the home menu, I have a cloud icon next to their title, telling me to download the game to play it. I'm not sure how to fully install them?
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer for multiple reasons so it wouldn't surprise me if you were having issues with it. I recommend using another title manager and see if the problem persists. My advice is to use TinWoo Installer as it is what I personally use and I have never had any issues while using it.
I was around homebrew menu on my SysNAND with 90DNS thing.

The accident I did, is that I ran the tinfoil installer for a milisecond and uninstalled the Tinfoil from the menu, turning on airplane mode immediately.

I did make sure that didn't left any traces on my play history and stuff. For now, doesn't seems to be the case.

Am I screwed?
I wouldn't say 'screwed' but if you don't have a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW and/or homebrew, then you risk getting banned if you go online.

Reactions: Light9384

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Game mods are usually version specific so the mods need to be updated for the new version.
That's what I thought, though considering i was updating my mods myself to a 'newer version', I couldn't figure out why this error was still occuring even after modifying the newer files and applying them in a way I thought was correct? Maybe I was just missing something but i'm not sure.

brianjohnsonok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have a quick one for you.

I have a non primary launch day switch that I have two SD cards for, I have my 256 gig that I've been using forever. I have a 64 gig that I installed emuMMC to and have been messing around with.

A couple problems I'm having is... The switch isn't setup as my primary Switch so whenever I tried to hold R to launch a program so it's not in applet mode and I get more resources I get the checking if software can be played. I have no intentions of playing sketchy games, everything I want to play is legit, I just want to be able to use my Switch to play some old GBA/SNES games via retroarch as well.

I read some stuff about Sigpatches and Tinfoil but I just cannot find a good thread that explains if I can bypass the checking if software can be played with my legit games to open up the systems resources.

Light9384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer for multiple reasons so it wouldn't surprise me if you were having issues with it. I recommend using another title manager and see if the problem persists. My advice is to use TinWoo Installer as it is what I personally use and I have never had any issues while using it.
Thank you, I didn't know about TinWoo. I am going to use that instead of Goldleaf. Started installing my games with it, and no problem so far!

Reactions: Draxzelex

chyuuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to learn the terminology, so I'm really sorry if this comes off eye-rolley. I've gone ahead and followed the hacking guide at [switch.homebrew.guide] so I'm all set up with the basics. I want to run an ACNH order bot (using sysbot) and have gotten the discord bot and commands working up until it connects to the internet. I had it running on emuMMC just to see if I can get it working in general, and it does.

Now, I don't know what .. "system" to boot into to safely connect to the internet tho. I know there are discord servers that host this for hundreds of people, but how are they safely connecting to the internet to host this? I have 90DNS setup and have a legit copy of the game (og cartridge). I don't plan on using any custom things or install nro/nrps or anything like that.

edit: ajdhjka I'm so sorry, found my answer with some deep Discord searching.

Last edited by chyuuu,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,a friend of mine asked me for a method to download and install games directly on the Nintendo Switch with the latest Atmosphere installed.

• Haha
Reactions: KytuzuEX

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have a quick one for you.

I have a non primary launch day switch that I have two SD cards for, I have my 256 gig that I've been using forever. I have a 64 gig that I installed emuMMC to and have been messing around with.

A couple problems I'm having is... The switch isn't setup as my primary Switch so whenever I tried to hold R to launch a program so it's not in applet mode and I get more resources I get the checking if software can be played. I have no intentions of playing sketchy games, everything I want to play is legit, I just want to be able to use my Switch to play some old GBA/SNES games via retroarch as well.

I read some stuff about Sigpatches and Tinfoil but I just cannot find a good thread that explains if I can bypass the checking if software can be played with my legit games to open up the systems resources.
Well you read correctly that patches can bypass these checks although these patches are normally intended for pirated games. That doesn't mean that they won't help you in your situation. Simply download them from this thread and put them on your SD card.
Hi everyone,a friend of mine asked me for a method to download and install games directly on the Nintendo Switch with the latest Atmosphere installed.
There is no 'method' to download & install games directly on the Nintendo Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans