Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HeartFullaNapalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, forgive my ignorance first of all.. the other day I acquired a new SD with a higher capacity, I thought that it would not be something so difficult for me but this is how it is, first I use iMac, I do not have physical access to Windows, I have tried to clone my SD on Mac with different programs (Paragon, HDM and Carbon Copy) none have worked, I think the problem is that my partition is hidden.. I have an SX chip with Hekate and AMS .. in a virtual windows of Windows 7 either I have been able to do nothing, neither with Emutool nor Minidisk Wizard Tool.. I am desperate and I don't know what I can try..

I went from a 128GB card to a 1TB one today and used this guide https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/ following the "If you are using a partition based emummc" section as I had already made a partition based emummc.

I'm on atmosphere though on a launch Switch, so no SX chip, and I'm using Windows. But hopefully that guide can help you. Your issue may be that you assume you need to clone your old SD card to your new one, as if you were changing a boot drive on Windows or whatever, but that isn't actually the case.

agoramilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.... is there a way to play eshop games like Hot Wheels Unleashed on a switch with CFW? Any time I try run it, I get an error. I have noticed this for other eshop games as well.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a Vulnerability Disclosure that you can read to get the full details on how it was discovered.

Where did you download the patches from?

Yes, the process you listed is perfectly fine. You don't need the RCM jig and other stuff for updating your firmware the way you wrote.

And you can't click on the Disabled emuMMC option to re-enable emuMMC?

I have heard they are sold on AliExpress and eBay.

You made an emuMMC partition? If so, removing it means you risk getting banned online since that means all of your CFW & homebrew will be loaded directly onto your console. If you're fine with that, you can remove the partition with any partition manager such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

Atmosphere should be compatible with all firmware versions. If it is not, notify the team immediately.

Daybreak is a homebrew application that installs firmware files on your SD card meaning it doesn't download them itself. Firmware files are copyrighted material however so we cannot help or link you where to find them but they are available to download illegally from certain places on the Internet.

Once your console is hacked, you will always be at risk for being banned.

However you can delay that from happening by using apps like 90DNS to setup a self-imposed temporary ban. This will allow you to use utilities like FTP without worrying about a ban. Alternatively, you can transfer files via USB using Hekate.

Atmosphere does not support mounting .XCI files like SX OS. You will have to install them like .NSP files

In order to use both, you will need to setup at least one emuMMC whether it is as a partition or file. Then you will have to decide whether you want to use Atmosphere or SX OS on the emuMMC or sysMMC.
I guess they all are banned on aliexpress or ebay :( can't find it anywhere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna download the sig patches for Atmos.....but it wont allow me assume my rank is too low!?
You tried to download the patches from the first post in this thread?
i kinda want the hack my switch lite. but only for streaming. if i get SX Lite mod chip can i still get banned? like for example i buy stuff on Eshop would it be worth to hack just to stream stuff.
Hacking a console will always put a console at risk for getting banned. The only way to avoid being banned is to simply not hack the console.
Thanks @Draxzelex !

Another question:
-I have AutoRCM enabled, should I disable it to upgrade?
-I don't have enough space on my SD, could I do the backup on another SD or should I free up space and do it on the one I currently use?

PS: I have a custom theme, as I understand I have to remove it, right?
Having AutoRCM enabled doesn't affect system updates for emuMMC. You can perform the backup on another SD card and then keep it somewhere on your computer. And custom themes are firmware-specific so it needs to be removed before updating your firmware.
Hi all.... is there a way to play eshop games like Hot Wheels Unleashed on a switch with CFW? Any time I try run it, I get an error. I have noticed this for other eshop games as well.
Is it a pirated or legitimate copy of the game?

theXshape

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys noob question here. I've toyed with the idea of hacking my switch for several months (or years) and I have finally decided to do it in the upcoming days after recently being made aware of Tinfoil (no idea why I never heard of it before this week).

One thing Tinfoil let's you do is game cartridge installation and I was wondering if, say I put my smash bros cartridge in the switch, I install the game and download all the DLCs, can I still play the game without the DLCs if I'm ever away on vacation and my switch goes to 0% and I don't have anything to inject a payload once I get it charged ? My best guess is no, but it's a question I had on my mind.

weefsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I have a hacked switch I didn't use for a while. I was running an old version of Kosmos on it (and if I remember correctly it also has autoRCM enabled).

I wanted to play it and it didn't turn on, so I assumed it ran out of power at some point and went to my PC to load a payload onto it with TegraRCMGUI.

The RCM connected, I could load the test payload succesfully, then I loaded hekate 5.0.0 (the old one I had on my PC from the time I used Kosmos) some atmosphere and Kosmos logos diplayed and it shut down. I tried again and the same thing happened. I disconnected the USB and tried the process again from start and now I can't even make the RCM connection anymore, though my PC recognizes that a Switch is connected. Anyone have any idea what's going on and what I should do?

Edit: I managed to get back into RCM by holding the power off button for 30 seconds, but I still can't get into CFW, I jsut get logo displays and then black screen.

Thank you for your time and help guys, I appreciate it!

Last edited by weefsat,

Gioppi3

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi , I am on SxOs and want to move to Atmosphere.
I have a 2017 Switch, i modded it in 2018 and since just updated it , till 11.0.0 .
Thing is, i don't remember a lot of the modding , but I think i have an emunand on 11.0.0 on the microsd and a sysnand on 6.1.0. I don't care about being banned ; also, regrettably i lost my clean nand backup.
What should i do to move to Atmosphere?
I found some guides, tho i don't know if I should just follow them or do something to backup, before following a guide ( also which should I follow? The github one?)
Also, can I keep both sx and atmosphere, maybe on different SD?

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated my switch firmware and Atmosphere, now I cannot read my game cart. I know I had to edit a file before but cant for the life of me what that was or where it was located!

Could someone help me please?

Message upon boot up or insert of a cartridge is " The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

fangamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hi,there
my switch system 13.1.0|AMS 1.2.2|E
i was using tinfoil to install game, like xci, nsp and nsz format
all going well,but only the xci game shows Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again
so i tried many way,i found when i chosen fusee.bin payload xci game works fine
when in the emu system it still shows Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again
can any one help me work out it
thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys noob question here. I've toyed with the idea of hacking my switch for several months (or years) and I have finally decided to do it in the upcoming days after recently being made aware of Tinfoil (no idea why I never heard of it before this week).

One thing Tinfoil let's you do is game cartridge installation and I was wondering if, say I put my smash bros cartridge in the switch, I install the game and download all the DLCs, can I still play the game without the DLCs if I'm ever away on vacation and my switch goes to 0% and I don't have anything to inject a payload once I get it charged ? My best guess is no, but it's a question I had on my mind.
If you install the game with all the DLC from your cartridge, you can play the game without the cartridge. You technically can't play without the DLC if you install the DLC though. The console running out of charge is not an issue because you can always boot up the console normally but if you want to boot CFW, then you will still need to send a payload somehow.
Hi , I am on SxOs and want to move to Atmosphere.
I have a 2017 Switch, i modded it in 2018 and since just updated it , till 11.0.0 .
Thing is, i don't remember a lot of the modding , but I think i have an emunand on 11.0.0 on the microsd and a sysnand on 6.1.0. I don't care about being banned ; also, regrettably i lost my clean nand backup.
What should i do to move to Atmosphere?
I found some guides, tho i don't know if I should just follow them or do something to backup, before following a guide ( also which should I follow? The github one?)
Also, can I keep both sx and atmosphere, maybe on different SD?
You can follow this guide on how to setup Atmosphere.
Updated my switch firmware and Atmosphere, now I cannot read my game cart. I know I had to edit a file before but cant for the life of me what that was or where it was located!

Could someone help me please?

Message upon boot up or insert of a cartridge is " The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"
It depends on whether you use Hekate or fusee to boot into Atmosphere.
hi,there
my switch system 13.1.0|AMS 1.2.2|E
i was using tinfoil to install game, like xci, nsp and nsz format
all going well,but only the xci game shows Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again
so i tried many way,i found when i chosen fusee.bin payload xci game works fine
when in the emu system it still shows Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again
can any one help me work out it
thank you
I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead to install all of your files. Its what I personally use and have never run into any issues.
hi! im having a issue on NHSE , may i ask here ab it?
Yes just ask your question.

Reactions: theXshape

fangamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, there
i got a very strange problem
in the emu system when i start some games, most of them are XCI ,it always shows Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again. then restart game, the file shows corrupted
i tried Awooo INSTALLER, DBI, tinfoil and tinwoo installer to reinstall, all have the same problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System version:13.1.0|AMS 1.2.2|E
hekate:5.6.5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My file structure

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but when i in the payload choose fusee.bin to boot switch, everything worked fine.
in the emu system, When I press the power button to restart the switch, the game also runs normally.
This is very strange
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope someone can help me

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I want to transfer a save file from my patched switch to my CFW switch on OFW.
Is it safe to use the build in tool from Nintendo to Transfer from a unpatched to CFW switch that runs without cfw when i do the transfer?

theXshape

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another question. As I'm pretty peculiar with the way my home screen looks, I wanted to change my layout to have at least two rows. I saw some layouts on Themezer that could do the trick, but will I be able to reorganize the games as I want by moving the tiles, like what we could do with the WiiU and 3DS ? And is there a way to create folders ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to transfer a save file from my patched switch to my CFW switch on OFW.
Is it safe to use the build in tool from Nintendo to Transfer from a unpatched to CFW switch that runs without cfw when i do the transfer?
I don't believe the built-in tool requires an Internet connection but it does require a linked Nintendo Account on both devices.
Another question. As I'm pretty peculiar with the way my home screen looks, I wanted to change my layout to have at least two rows. I saw some layouts on Themezer that could do the trick, but will I be able to reorganize the games as I want by moving the tiles, like what we could do with the WiiU and 3DS ? And is there a way to create folders ?
No, reorganizing the home menu icons is a feature that has to be built into the operating system which is not the case on the Switch. As for folders, you will have to use more than just a theme; you will have to use a replacement of qLaunch which is the home menu such as Ulaunch or DeltaLaunch.

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Have a question about sigpatches. Are these the file that needs to be updated/newest version when adding a new game to your lineup?

For example when a new game drops and I buy the cart/eshop version, it works fine on ofw modes of course. When jumping into the atmospshere emunand many times the icon showing it needs to be downloaded will appear despite the cart being there and the game definitely being on the sdcard.

Do sigpatches keep the available games updated so to speak, or is there a completely different thing that does this? Curious about what corrects this issue.

stanna

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to use tinfoil so I can install .xci games and play via atmosphere but nut.exe keeps saying could not load keys .text all crypto operations will fail. Help

Marcus9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all, I hope you can help me.... I've been on AMS1.2.4, 13.0.0, EmuMMC. I tried to update to 13.1.0 via AIO updater and Daybreak, just like I did before when upgrading from 11.0.0 to 13.0.0, and while it worked fine before using the following guide (https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade), and this time round I am getting an error when trying to reboot to payload:

fatal error occurred when running Fusee Failed to identify FS!

I press Power to reboot and AMS actually boots fine back into EmuMMC, I can do anything I like with the Switch (Tinfoil, AIO, etc), so the Switch definitely works - it is literally every time I soft or hard reboot.

Could anyone tell me how to fix the problem?

EDIT: I managed to fix it by downloading fusee.bin again and manually putting that into the payloads folder

Last edited by Marcus9,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a question about sigpatches. Are these the file that needs to be updated/newest version when adding a new game to your lineup?

For example when a new game drops and I buy the cart/eshop version, it works fine on ofw modes of course. When jumping into the atmospshere emunand many times the icon showing it needs to be downloaded will appear despite the cart being there and the game definitely being on the sdcard.

Do sigpatches keep the available games updated so to speak, or is there a completely different thing that does this? Curious about what corrects this issue.
No, ES & FS/Loader patches (there is no such thing as "sigpatches") need to be updated whenever you update your firmware and/or CFW.
I am trying to use tinfoil so I can install .xci games and play via atmosphere but nut.exe keeps saying could not load keys .text all crypto operations will fail. Help
I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader instead. Its my personal setup and I have never had any issues whatsoever.
atmosphere support FW 13.1.0 right?
Yes but I wouldn't necessarily recommend updating if you're not on that firmware unless you play online or have to use the new Bluetooth features.

Reactions: askara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44