Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have just finished setting up homebrew and such on my switch and i am a little confused about something. so i constantly see people saying to not connect to wifi so i don't get banned, but also people saying its ok. what exactly is the correct answer? how am i able to access the homebrew app store if i have no wifi connected? any help would be very much appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i have just finished setting up homebrew and such on my switch and i am a little confused about something. so i constantly see people saying to not connect to wifi so i don't get banned, but also people saying its ok. what exactly is the correct answer? how am i able to access the homebrew app store if i have no wifi connected? any help would be very much appreciated.
Well, all bans have one thing in common: the console was hacked and it went online. People who say its fine are merely sharing their personal subjective experience that they were fine but objectively, it is not as others have been banned. Regardless, there are ways to connect to the Internet without risking a ban. The one I recommend using is called 90DNS. As the name implies, its just a set of DNS settings that you apply to your Wi-Fi connection to block communication with Nintendo's servers but retain access to the rest of the Internet effectively preventing you from getting banned.

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to set it up, do i need to connect to wifi while in atmosphere? also by the way, i am wondering about wifi for stuff like the hb appstore, or something like youtube on switch while in atmosphere. i just want to be sure i am understanding this because i really dont want to mess it up. (i would reply but since i am a new member it wont let me)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to set it up, do i need to connect to wifi while in atmosphere? also by the way, i am wondering about wifi for stuff like the hb appstore, or something like youtube on switch while in atmosphere. i just want to be sure i am understanding this because i really dont want to mess it up. (i would reply but since i am a new member it wont let me)
90DNS isn't tied to CFW; as I've stated, its just DNS settings so it will be applied to both CFW and OFW unless you want to go through the trouble of disabling and re-enabling 90DNS everytime you switch. I should mention that even if you have 90DNS enabled, disabling it will risk you getting banned unless you restore a clean eMMC backup prior to running any CFW/homebrew since running CFW leaves traces that Nintendo can track and ban you. Anyway, utilities such as the homebrew appstore and YouTube don't use Nintendo's servers to function so they will still work when using 90DNS. Its only services that require Nintendo's servers that won't work like the eShop and online play.

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhh i think i get it now, so basically i dont need to install 90DNS at all if i just want to use the hb appstore, or something like youtube since it isn't nintendo servers?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhh i think i get it now, so basically i dont need to install 90DNS at all if i just want to use the hb appstore, or something like youtube since it isn't nintendo servers?
If you don't want to get banned, you should definitely use 90DNS. But if you don't mind being banned and want to take the risk, you don't need 90DNS.

Adifire

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello, So SMT V released early and I see a lot of people playing it already. But Im unable to find the sigpatch for it, Im on the latest HOS 13.1 and Atmosphere 1.2.4 and as far as I know the latest sigpatches from iTotalJustices github. But whichever installer I try I get the same error of update your sigpatches to the latest

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Theoretical speaking, if I inject a save from a game I never played (although, it has to be played once.)

it applies the same rule about pirated games or dlc?

Lighty_AC

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m in the same boat as a few people.
I was running fine and wanted to play AC 2.0 so updated to 13.0.0 and AMS1.2.4.
I just can’t reinstall tinfoil now!
I have always dropped into ‘album’ and installed from there but when I do that the installer crashes out with a ‘error 2155-8007‘ message.
I don’t have any eshop games install at the moment …

Any help greatly appreciated.

MetalGear-DD

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
First of all I want to thank all the help this forum gave me :)
I am more than thankful that there is a place for the newer ones to ask questions like this one.

Now I'm about to update the FW of my switch and I want to get some last doubts out of my mind (yes, in all this topic I'm very fearful).
  • How should I prepare my sd to backup my sysnand?
  • Once the backup is done, what should I update first: Atmosphere or FW?
  • In case I mess something up, how can I use the backup to fix my switch?

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m in the same boat as a few people.
I was running fine and wanted to play AC 2.0 so updated to 13.0.0 and AMS1.2.4.
I just can’t reinstall tinfoil now!
I have always dropped into ‘album’ and installed from there but when I do that the installer crashes out with a ‘error 2155-8007‘ message.
I don’t have any eshop games install at the moment …

Any help greatly appreciated.
hey Lighty,

I experienced this issue in the past.
I ran atmosphere using hekate and could’nt install nor use tinfoil.

but it works fine for me if I launch directly atmosphere with the last updated fusee.bin using tegrarcmgui.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, So SMT V released early and I see a lot of people playing it already. But Im unable to find the sigpatch for it, Im on the latest HOS 13.1 and Atmosphere 1.2.4 and as far as I know the latest sigpatches from iTotalJustices github. But whichever installer I try I get the same error of update your sigpatches to the latest
Don't use the patches from the GitHub page as they notoriously give people issues. Use the patches from this thread instead.
something like this does not exist?
No and it never should exist.
Theoretical speaking, if I inject a save from a game I never played (although, it has to be played once.)

it applies the same rule about pirated games or dlc?
The rule is any hacking can lead to a ban. The hack doesn't really matter.
Where can I download patches for Tinfoil etc
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
First of all I want to thank all the help this forum gave me :)
I am more than thankful that there is a place for the newer ones to ask questions like this one.

Now I'm about to update the FW of my switch and I want to get some last doubts out of my mind (yes, in all this topic I'm very fearful).
  • How should I prepare my sd to backup my sysnand?
  • Once the backup is done, what should I update first: Atmosphere or FW?
  • In case I mess something up, how can I use the backup to fix my switch?
  • Give yourself at least 32 GB of space on your SD card and if you want to dump it as one file, have the SD card formatted to exFAT
  • The general rule of thumb is to always update CFW before firmware. This is because newer versions of CFW will always support older firmware versions but newer firmware versions may not always be supported by older versions of CFW
  • You use Hekate, which will be the same tool you use to backup your sysMMC, to restore an eMMC backup

MySuperiorOverlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently ran into a problem. I haven't used my hacked Switch in a while and I recently decided to install a game but I needed new firmware so I updated my Emmunand through System Update leading to a "Fatal Error" message. I managed to fix that by updating my Atmosphere to the latest version but now I can't play anything on my Switch. Every try to open a game or even Tinfoil it gives me an error message that forces me back to the Home screen or says my data is corrupted. I've downloaded the latest releases from Atmosphere and Fusee/Heckate but that's not helping. My Switch won't even read my physical cartridge anymore Is there anything that I might be overlooking that can help me fix this?

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello! I recently ran into a problem. I haven't used my hacked Switch in a while and I recently decided to install a game but I needed new firmware so I updated my Emmunand through System Update leading to a "Fatal Error" message. I managed to fix that by updating my Atmosphere to the latest version but now I can't play anything on my Switch. Every try to open a game or even Tinfoil it gives me an error message that forces me back to the Home screen or says my data is corrupted. I've downloaded the latest releases from Atmosphere and Fusee/Heckate but that's not helping. My Switch won't even read my physical cartridge anymore Is there anything that I might be overlooking that can help me fix this?
Hey my superior Overlord,
Maybe you didn’t update your sigpatches?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't use the patches from the GitHub page as they notoriously give people issues. Use the patches from this thread instead.

No and it never should exist.

The rule is any hacking can lead to a ban. The hack doesn't really matter.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

• Give yourself at least 32 GB of space on your SD card and if you want to dump it as one file, have the SD card formatted to exFAT
  • The general rule of thumb is to always update CFW before firmware. This is because newer versions of CFW will always support older firmware versions but newer firmware versions may not always be supported by older versions of CFW
  • You use Hekate, which will be the same tool you use to backup your sysMMC, to restore an eMMC backup
Shouldn't it exist and why?
So all the NPS and XCI games that install with Tinwoo or other apps?
Console hacking is also a form of piracy,if you were referring to that in the previous post.

Cioppi2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, the home button of my right joycon keeps blinking, even after shutting down the console while it is attached. What could it be?
Here's a list of the things I have done recently:
I switched from sx OS to atmosphere, deleting the emunand and creating a new one, installing the DeepSea pack, and updating everything.
Then I installed mission control, but since the my ps4 controller kept vibrating, I installed this specific build from the creator: MissionControl-0.6.1-rumble-fix-d8cac87.zip that can be found on the issues page on github.
Also I installed themezer and downloaded a theme.
Then, after a while I noticed the right joycon I was using was blinking, and won't stop ( the central buttons, like the sync one, haven't been working for a while).
Any idea?

hudulux

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi, I tried to install tinfoil when I boot atmosphere true hekate - launch - emunand. but it doesn't works. when I start directly atmosphere over fusee it works. Did I made some setting wrong in hekate? I would prefer to start over hekate.

MySuperiorOverlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you didn’t update your sigpatches?
Thanks for the help. That worked and so now I'm able to run my digital games again. However, my Switch is still telling me that it can't read my physical game cartridges. I've found that this error only occurs on emmundand. Might there be anything else that can try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F