Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I’m rather late to softmod scene but i just got 2017 switch on 9.2.0 firmware and i checked the serial no. and its not patched.. okaay so my questions are :
1. Should i update the firmware before softmod?
2. What is the recommended modding guide?some say the sd card should be fat32 others say exfat so im very confused.
Thanx
  1. Its not entirely a softmod as you do you have to use a jig or something conductive to put the console into RCM but there is no point in updating the firmware beforehand
  2. No matter what guide you follow, you should use FAT32. The reasons are simple; exFAT can corrupt your SD card and the 4 GB limit can be bypassed any number of ways on FAT32 so there is absolutely no reason to use exFAT. If anyone tells you to use exFAT, do not listen to them even if they say they have never had issues because many users have experienced corruption. As for a guide, I recommend following this one

Reactions: sayofy and BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, is it possible to have Atmosphere, Android and Linux on the same SD card, all as (if possible) hidden partitions?
If so, is there any good guide on how to set-up multiple partitions?

It is possible setup Android 10, Lakka (Linux), and have CFW on one SD card but I'm not sure if you can have them all as hidden, youtube user HCGN has some examples you can check out.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super newbie question that doesn't pertain to me at all, just wondering:

Is there a jig or NAND reader/Flasher for Switch that would allow someone to rip their NAND in a nonworking or nonfunctioning system?
I mean no CFW or RCM at all. I'm talking off a Switch that has a dead board or generally won't work.

Thanks.

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello
Im practicing using atmosphere since there will mabye not come an update from xcecuter.
So now im practicing making and restoring emunand in hekate,and my question.
Is the partition folder in the backup folder necessary or should i delete it. Reason im asking is
because the partition folder is empty.
Thanks in advance

foreverimages

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR

Have an original Switch that is on Kosmos/AtlasNX and FW 9.2 -- I haven't touched it for awhile and now some of the games I want to play require 10.x or like Dead Cells, even 11.x firmware.

So, a few quick questions:

• Is there any reason NOT to go straight to 11.0.1 and be done with FW upgrades for awhile? If so, which version is recommended?
  • So many confusing answer out there on how to update to the latest Atmosphere CFW since Kosmos/Atlas is no loner updated. Looking for the easiest/quickest way for CFW/FW upgrade
Thanks in advance!

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting a huge thank you to @Draxzelex and @Lacius for all the help that you've given not just to me, but to tons of people I have seen posting here. I got everything working as I had hoped thanks to all of the help that you've given me, and instead of just another notification begging for info, I just wanted to let you know how much you rock! Great work, and thanks again for all of your help.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting a huge thank you to @Draxzelex and @Lacius for all the help that you've given not just to me, but to tons of people I have seen posting here. I got everything working as I had hoped thanks to all of the help that you've given me, and instead of just another notification begging for info, I just wanted to let you know how much you rock! Great work, and thanks again for all of your help.
And a special thanks to @Draxzelex. When I see he has responded, I know I don't have to, and he does a lot more than me these days.

Reactions: actualkoifish

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super newbie question that doesn't pertain to me at all, just wondering:

Is there a jig or NAND reader/Flasher for Switch that would allow someone to rip their NAND in a nonworking or nonfunctioning system?
I mean no CFW or RCM at all. I'm talking off a Switch that has a dead board or generally won't work.

Thanks.
As far as I am aware, I have not heard of such a thing. A tool like that may be more custom or niche so it might not be as widespread. If you want, you can try asking outside of here to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Londo666

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hi, sorry for the questions - but right now i want get any further infos on sx core. i still have 2 of them and my old switch is dead. can i install the sx core also in a new Nintendo Switch HAC-001(-01) or just possible on the old unpatched ones? and does someone know how then to activate it- all the sx sites seems to be down(i know why) but are there any possibilities to activate the sx core or sx pro (maybe they reset my old activation from my dead switch with sx pro). thanx for any help!!

FunkiTesteur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sup, long time i'didn't jailbreak my switch, i've got a question, does its safe playing online with a free game like with tinfoil now ? Or its still very detected ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, sorry for the questions - but right now i want get any further infos on sx core. i still have 2 of them and my old switch is dead. can i install the sx core also in a new Nintendo Switch HAC-001(-01) or just possible on the old unpatched ones? and does someone know how then to activate it- all the sx sites seems to be down(i know why) but are there any possibilities to activate the sx core or sx pro (maybe they reset my old activation from my dead switch with sx pro). thanx for any help!!
SX Core is compatible on all Switch units. And if the site to activate the licenses is down, then there is no alternative way to activate them. Although you already have the SX products, be aware that its possible TX may no longer update their CFW so its recommended to setup Atmosphere.

Sup, long time i'didn't jailbreak my switch, i've got a question, does its safe playing online with a free game like with tinfoil now ? Or its still very detected ?
Using a hacked console will always have a risk of getting banned. This will never change until the online services are taken down.

FunkiTesteur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SX Core is compatible on all Switch units. And if the site to activate the licenses is down, then there is no alternative way to activate them. Although you already have the SX products, be aware that its possible TX may no longer update their CFW so its recommended to setup Atmosphere.

Using a hacked console will always have a risk of getting banned. This will never change until the online services are taken down.
Yeah i'know but like on 3ds the risk was not really high. On Switch i'would know, in 2K18 the risk of playing online with freeshop game was like 100%, how is it now ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i'know but like on 3ds the risk was not really high. On Switch i'would know, in 2K18 the risk of playing online with freeshop game was like 100%, how is it now ?
Nothing is guaranteed to cause a ban. Everything has a risk but it is nearly impossible to calculate a numerical value because Nintendo are the ones who ban people. Plus not everyone gets banned for doing the same thing.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but does its heavily risky or like can be done ?
If your intention is to try and play a pirated game online, then being banned is out of the question because it is actually impossible to play pirated games online. To put it simply, pirated games are installed with tickets that aren't signed by Nintendo making online play with them not possible.

FunkiTesteur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your intention is to try and play a pirated game online, then being banned is out of the question because it is actually impossible to play pirated games online. To put it simply, pirated games are installed with tickets that aren't signed by Nintendo making online play with them not possible.
Ah okey, thanks for your help

Reactions: Draxzelex

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
can someone please tell me how can I update my switch? I have hur dojour and sx os with dongle, my current version is 10.0.4 and sx os 3.0.3 their website is down and I always updated from there, now I dont know what to do and I just want to play super mario 3d world with my kid, can anybody help please??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'(