Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to homebrew on the switch, as in i just installed CFW/Homebrew on my switch like 3 days ago. I have a legit physical copy of ACNH and the firmware on my switch is 11.0.1. the game wants me to update but i dont have it hooked up to the internet out of paranoia and i don't fully understand how playing online with a hacked switch works. Can i update my game normally? i dont have any weird hacks in my town, just gave myself some bells and items no weird trees or anything sketchy. if not, how do i update? and can i play online at all? thanks!
Connecting a hacked console carries a risk of getting banned. There is really no way to circumvent or reduce the chances outside of simply not hacking the console. If you don't want to risk getting banned by updating online, you can download the update illegally from the Internet then install it with any of the available title managers.

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought as much! I am not sure where to begin with the title managers and update files, is there a guide someplace that could help me with that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought as much! I am not sure where to begin with the title managers and update files, is there a guide someplace that could help me with that?
I don't know of any guides for title managers and that is most likely due to the wide variety of title managers available so managing a guide for that would be hectic to say the least. If you want a recommendation, I would advise on using TinWoo Installer.

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you! and i just search for animal crossing update files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry second question, I have a second legit switch. Can I use the local update thing to update it?

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll probably just do the update from my other switch. Seems like it'll work if I have the current firmware anyway and I'm fairly sure I do. Thanks again!

Reactions: Draxzelex

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use the homebrew application nxmtp to move files via USB. As for your second question, I guess so although I am afraid that I'm unfamiliar with prodinfo blanking via exosphere.

Thanks! I guess I'll just try to install the YouTube app externally, that's why I asked about USB, because trying to move my Nintendo folder as a copy to emuMMC was quite disastrous. As soon as I started Atmosphere it deleted the contents of the Nintendo folder again and all apps showed up with the cloud-icon even the ones that should have been copied from the actual sysMMC partition with Hekate. And trying to launch them triggered a message about disabling Airplane mode because some additional data needs to download.

Reactions: Draxzelex

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex thanks for clarifying, and for that recommendation. It seems the image I had was bad, so I'm trying another one later using that new software you provided.

I am curious regarding something about hekate and my emuMMC. I can make backups all day long for eMMC, but I cannot make any for emuMMC. When I click the button at the bottom of the backup nand screen to switch from eMMC to emuMMC, the button text changes, but the buttons are all greyed out and cannot be selected. I thought it was because my SD was too small (I had a 64GB card) but I just upgraded to a much larger card and it still shows the same thing. Is there some special setting, et. al. needed to enable emuMMC nand backups? I'm mostly interested in making a backup of emuMMC in case something goes wrong when I use choi dujour later on to update the emuMMC firmware.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex thanks for clarifying, and for that recommendation. It seems the image I had was bad, so I'm trying another one later using that new software you provided.

I am curious regarding something about hekate and my emuMMC. I can make backups all day long for eMMC, but I cannot make any for emuMMC. When I click the button at the bottom of the backup nand screen to switch from eMMC to emuMMC, the button text changes, but the buttons are all greyed out and cannot be selected. I thought it was because my SD was too small (I had a 64GB card) but I just upgraded to a much larger card and it still shows the same thing. Is there some special setting, et. al. needed to enable emuMMC nand backups? I'm mostly interested in making a backup of emuMMC in case something goes wrong when I use choi dujour later on to update the emuMMC firmware.
Do you have an emuMMC setup on those SD cards that you can make a backup of?

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I have an emuMMC that is a separate partition, stored on the same SD as I am using normally. A few days ago, I tried making a full partition backup of the emuMMC using a partition backup/restore software on my PC, and the backup worked, but the restore failed. I'm not sure why that would occur, maybe something about how those partitions are made vs. how they are restored by the software.

Also, on the topic of tinwoo, it seems I have the same problem there as I did with goldleaf. Files will say that they failed install, and I cannot explain why. The error I get most often is:

"OpenFileSystemWithId:122: File @SdCardContent:// [long series of digits].nca is unreadable! You may have a bad dump, fs_mitm may need to be removed, or your firmware version may be too low to dec it. Error code: 0x00236e"

I checked the required firmware guide and didn't see any indication of software needing above 6.0.1, but maybe I was looking at a list of what games included updates rather than what games rely on updates.

Last edited by actualkoifish,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I have an emuMMC that is a separate partition, stored on the same SD as I am using normally. A few days ago, I tried making a full partition backup of the emuMMC using a partition backup/restore software on my PC, and the backup worked, but the restore failed. I'm not sure why that would occur, maybe something about how those partitions are made vs. how they are restored by the software.

Also, on the topic of tinwoo, it seems I have the same problem there as I did with goldleaf. Files will say that they failed install, and I cannot explain why. The error I get most often is:

"OpenFileSystemWithId:122: File @SdCardContent:// [long series of digits].nca is unreadable! You may have a bad dump, fs_mitm may need to be removed, or your firmware version may be too low to dec it. Error code: 0x00236e"

I checked the required firmware guide and didn't see any indication of software needing above 6.0.1, but maybe I was looking at a list of what games included updates rather than what games rely on updates.
Maybe the SD card is too small because emuMMC is around 32 GB which is more than half the actual capacity of the card. Also firmware 6.0.1 is very old by today's standards so most likely that is why your content is not being installed. I recommend updating your firmware with either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe the SD card is too small because emuMMC is around 32 GB which is more than half the actual capacity of the card. Also firmware 6.0.1 is very old by today's standards so most likely that is why your content is not being installed. I recommend updating your firmware with either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.
Depending on console they want to use daybreak
Also there was someone asking about blanking prodinfo on emuummc the answer was yes to them adding that line

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex I see, I guess I will prepare to upgrade emuMMC. That does make me ask though; I have a new micro SD that's over 500GB, yet I still get the greyed out buttons for emuMMC restore. Is there something more I need to do to back up my emuMMC nand?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I edit hekate_ipl.ini and remove the sysMMC and Stock entries I can prevent Hekate from ever booting sysMMC right?

Asayake

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have a broken screen (apparently, backlight) switch on hand that I bought for cheap, it was a good deal since I never planned to use handheld mode.
To back up the nand, I can apparently use memloader and nxnandmanager, manual partitioning to create the emunand partition and fusee-primary to boot into atmosphere, so it doesn’t seem like much of an issue in itself.
But what should/could I use to create an emunand? If it’s really a backlight issue I could haphazardly navigate through the text version of hekate but is there a better solution (like an homebrew? I found something called emmummcconfig but it seems to need the emmumc setup already, or maybe another payload that I missed?)

Thanks for any answers!

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated hekate and atmosphere to the newest releases. I've just attempted to boot into emuMMC, and the system is stuck at the Switch logo screen. What should I do to fix this and make it bootable again? Is the problem perhaps that my emuMMC version is too old for the new atmosphere (I'm attempting to update it from 6.0.1)?

I have 2 choices then, buy 2nd hand games or just dash my switch lite against the wall

Well the latter won't get you very far, unless you want a broken switch and a damaged wall!

Reactions: KingFrak

KingFrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have updated hekate and atmosphere to the newest releases. I've just attempted to boot into emuMMC, and the system is stuck at the Switch logo screen. What should I do to fix this and make it bootable again? Is the problem perhaps that my emuMMC version is too old for the new atmosphere (I'm attempting to update it from 6.0.1)?

Well the latter won't get you very far, unless you want a broken switch and a damaged wall!
Lol , its just frustrating seeing everyone rocking atmosphere with custom themes and backups and even mods and i'm stuck here with vanilla themeless shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.