Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 choices then, buy 2nd hand games or just dash my switch lite against the wall
Since finding chips now are hard, I'd suggest finding a original Un-patched Erista unit, or deal with what you do have.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol , its just frustrating seeing everyone rocking atmosphere with custom themes and backups and even mods and i'm stuck here with vanilla themeless shit
Then why did you buy a Lite to begin with, without ordering a mod chip also.....

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 practical questions:

I have 1 Switch Lite which boots very fast (15 seconds) and another Switch lite that loads up the Atmosphère screen for like +- 40 seconds. I have checked the settings and also via Hekate, but I don't know how I can make the other switch boot fast as well.

How can you use Atmosphère alongside hekate v5.5.4? I have to replace the payload.bin file I use to boot either into hekate or Atmosphère. This via a boot.ini file.
Is it possible to configurate hekate in order to autoboot Atmosphère, but when I press vol - and the power button it boots into hekate. Just like Godmode9 on the 3ds.

Firmware: 11.0.1
Atmosphère: 0.18.0
Hekate: v5.5.4 & Nyx v1.0.1

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 practical questions:

I have 1 Switch Lite which boots very fast (15 seconds) and another Switch lite that loads up the Atmosphère screen for like +- 40 seconds. I have checked the settings and also via Hekate, but I don't know how I can make the other switch boot fast as well.

How can you use Atmosphère alongside hekate v5.5.4? I have to replace the payload.bin file I use to boot either into hekate or Atmosphère. This via a boot.ini file.
Is it possible to configurate hekate in order to autoboot Atmosphère, but when I press vol - and the power button it boots into hekate. Just like Godmode9 on the 3ds.

Firmware: 11.0.1
Atmosphère: 0.18.0
Hekate: v5.5.4 & Nyx v1.0.1
Configure Hekate to autoboot Atmosphere, and you can hold minus to skip the autoboot and load the Hekate menu instead. You will also need to replace reboot_payload.bin in the Atmosphere folder with the Hekate bin instead.

I personally use Hekate to chainload fusee-primary, since that means I don't have to wait for Hekate updates when Atmosphere is updated to support newer system versions. So, I keep the latest fusee-primary.bin in the bootloader/payloads/ folder, I keep Hekate as my reboot_payload.bin in the atmosphere folder, I have the following entry in my hekate_ipl.ini, and I have it set to autoboot that entry:
{------- CFW-------}
[Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

If I want to enter Hekate, I reboot the system while holding minus. If, while in Atmosphere, I want to reboot the system into Atmosphere, I just reboot the system. If I want to boot Atmosphere while already in Hekate, I choose the Atmosphere option. If the system is in RCM and I want to boot Hekate, I push the Hekate bin while holding minus. If I am in RCM and I want to boot Atmosphere, I push the Hekate bin or the fusee-primary bin.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Adran_Marit

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius Sorry to call you out, but would you be able to help with the issue I posted earlier (quoted below)?

I have updated hekate and atmosphere to the newest releases. I've just attempted to boot into emuMMC, and the system is stuck at the Switch logo screen. What should I do to fix this and make it bootable again? Is the problem perhaps that my emuMMC version is too old for the new atmosphere (I'm attempting to update it from 6.0.1)?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius Sorry to call you out, but would you be able to help with the issue I posted earlier (quoted below)?
  1. Download the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
  2. Download these signature patches: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
  3. Delete the Atmosphere folder from your SD card.
  4. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto the root of your SD card. Overwrite anything it asks you to. If you are using fusee-primary or chainloading fusee-primary in Hekate, use the fusee patches. If you are using Hekate and you are not chainloading fusee-primary, use the hekate patches. If, for whatever reason, you are using Hekate without chainloading fusee-primary, you need to update Hekate too.
  5. In emummc/emummc.ini, set emummc!enabled = 1
  6. Put the Switch in RCM and boot into Atmosphere, preferably using fusee-primary
  7. Check that everything runs properly.
You should also make sure the data partition of your SD card is formatted as FAT32, not exFAT. When everything is running, do the following:
  1. Download 11.0.1 if your Switch is on a lower system version
  2. Put 11.0.1 onto the root of your SD card
  3. On your emuMMC, run Daybreak and update to 11.0.1. Make sure you select the exFAT option if your SD is formatted as exFAT (FAT32 is recommended).

Reactions: BigOnYa

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Configure Hekate to autoboot Atmosphere, and you can hold minus to skip the autoboot and load the Hekate menu instead. You will also need to replace reboot_payload.bin in the Atmosphere folder with the Hekate bin instead.

Yes, that is what I want to accomplish. So I placed the hekate_ctcaer_5.5.4.bin file into the \atmosphere folder and renamed it to reboot_payload.bin
No other steps for this part?

I personally use Hekate to chainload fusee-primary, since that means I don't have to wait for Hekate updates when Atmosphere is updated to support newer system versions. So, I keep the latest fusee-primary.bin in the bootloader/payloads/ folder, I keep Hekate as my reboot_payload.bin in the atmosphere folder, I have the following entry in my hekate_ipl.ini, and I have it set to autoboot that entry:

If I want to enter Hekate, I reboot the system while holding minus. If, while in Atmosphere, I want to reboot the system into Atmosphere, I just reboot the system. If I want to boot Atmosphere while already in Hekate, I choose the Atmosphere option. If the system is in RCM and I want to boot Hekate, I push the Hekate bin while holding minus. If I am in RCM and I want to boot Atmosphere, I push the Hekate bin or the fusee-primary bin.

I think i'm missing some steps here. I entered your lines into the hekate_ipl.ini file. This file is place in the \bootloader folder. So bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini < it does not have to be placed into the bootloader\ini folder?

This is what I have in my root folder:

boot.dat > From SX OS
boot.ini > [payload] file=fusee-primary.bin
exosphere.ini
fusee-primary.bin
hbmenu.nro

Do I need to change the fusee-primary.bin file or are there other steps I need to to via the Hekate menu itself. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Theone5000,

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Download the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
  2. Download these signature patches: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases
  3. Delete the Atmosphere folder from your SD card.
  4. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto the root of your SD card. Overwrite anything it asks you to. If you are using fusee-primary or chainloading fusee-primary in Hekate, use the fusee patches. If you are using Hekate and you are not chainloading fusee-primary, use the hekate patches. If, for whatever reason, you are using Hekate without chainloading fusee-primary, you need to update Hekate too.
  5. In emummc/emummc.ini, set emummc!enabled = 1
  6. Put the Switch in RCM and boot into Atmosphere, preferably using fusee-primary
  7. Check that everything runs properly.
You should also make sure the data partition of your SD card is formatted as FAT32, not exFAT. When everything is running, do the following:
  1. Download 11.0.1 if your Switch is on a lower system version
  2. Put 11.0.1 onto the root of your SD card
  3. On your emuMMC, run Daybreak and update to 11.0.1. Make sure you select the exFAT option if your SD is formatted as exFAT (FAT32 is recommended).

Thanks for this response. Maybe this is implied, but before I begin this process, there's no problem with just turning the switch off at this point, correct? I have kept it on at the switch logo screen in fear of an issue occurring if I didn't do the correct thing. I have autorcm enabled if that makes any difference.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this response. Maybe this is implied, but before I begin this process, there's no problem with just turning the switch off at this point, correct? I have kept it on at the switch logo screen in fear of an issue occurring if I didn't do the correct thing. I have autorcm enabled if that makes any difference.
There's no problem with powering off the Switch at this point. Make sure you don't accidentally leave it in RCM for too long, or the battery will drain.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is what I want to accomplish. So I placed the hekate_ctcaer_5.5.4.bin file into the \atmosphere folder and renamed it to reboot_payload.bin
No other steps for this part?
That's all you need to do for this part. Whenever you update Atmosphere in the future, make sure you don't overwrite reboot_payload.bin.

I think i'm missing some steps here. I entered your lines into the hekate_ipl.ini file. This file is place in the \bootloader folder. So bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini < it does not have to be placed into the bootloader\ini folder?
bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is correct.

You also need to configure Hekate to autoboot Atmosphere. You can do that in Hekate itself. I would give you the lines to add to hekate_ipl.ini, but I don't know how many boot entries you have, and what I have might not match.

This is what I have in my root folder:

boot.dat > From SX OS
boot.ini > [payload] file=fusee-primary.bin
exosphere.ini
fusee-primary.bin
hbmenu.nro
You should have at least the following on the root of your SD card:
  • /atmosphere/ folder
  • /bootloader/ folder
  • /sept/ folder
  • /switch/ folder
  • hbmenu.nro
Nothing else belongs on the root of the SD card. Make sure you're using the latest version of Atmosphere.
  • hekate_ipl.ini should be in /bootloader/
  • reboot_payload.bin (Hekate) should be in /atmosphere/
  • fusee-primary.bin should be in /bootloader/payloads

Last edited by Lacius,

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's all you need to do for this part. Whenever you update Atmosphere in the future, make sure you don't overwrite reboot_payload.bin.

bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is correct.

You also need to configure Hekate to autoboot Atmosphere. You can do that in Hekate itself. I would give you the lines to add to hekate_ipl.ini, but I don't know how many boot entries you have, and what I have might not match.

You should have at least the following on the root of your SD card:
  • /atmosphere/ folder
  • /bootloader/ folder
  • /sept/ folder
  • /switch/ folder
  • hbmenu.nro
Nothing else belongs on the root of the SD card. Make sure you're using the latest version of Atmosphere.
  • hekate_ipl.ini should be in /bootloader/
  • reboot_payload.bin (Hekate) should be in /atmosphere/
  • fusee-primary.bin should be in /bootloader/payloads

Thanks. I partically got there. I needed to enable autoboot = on within the Hekate menu.
There are some files I cannot delete from the root folder. I can't remove boot.dat or else I can't boot and I get the red Boot.dat? screen. If I remove the boot.ini and the payload.bin (hekate) then the switch won't boot at all. Get's stuck at a black screen. NOTE: I used the SG Gear to get from SX OS to Atmosphere. >
But the other switch has that as well.

Below is the structure I have.

RdTxd9L.jpeg

I can set the bootlogo duration from the hekate menu to No boot, 1 second etc. but this is to show the Hekate IPL screen. The boot sequence is as follows:

1) HEKATE - IPL (1 second)
2) atmosphère (+- 25 seconds) < on the other Switch lite this is not displayed and narrowed down to +- 5 seconds.
3) Black screen & White Atmosphère logo
4) Black screen & White Nintendo switch logo

I'm still mising something on how the other Switch manages this. I had a look at https://birbchirp.gitbook.io/switch...phere/optional-booting-atmosphere-with-hekate but I don't know if it's up-to-date and needs to be applied. I have no sysMMC and no emuMMC. Just the regular SD card. I have NAND backups, but that's another story.

NOTE: I'm just running the lastest Atmosphère with the latest hekate. :) No other systems / payloads.

Last edited by Theone5000,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I partically got there. I needed to enable autoboot = on within the Hekate menu.
There are some files I cannot delete from the root folder. I can't remove boot.dat or else I can't boot and I get the red Boot.dat? screen. If I remove the boot.ini and the payload.bin (hekate) then the switch won't boot at all. Get's stuck at a black screen. NOTE: I used the SG Gear to get from SX OS to Atmosphere. >
But the other switch has that as well.

Below is the structure I have.

RdTxd9L.jpeg

I can set the bootlogo duration from the hekate menu to No boot, 1 second etc. but this is to show the Hekate IPL screen. The boot sequence is as follows:

1) HEKATE - IPL (1 second)
2) atmosphère (+- 25 seconds) < on the other Switch lite this is not displayed and narrowed down to +- 5 seconds.
3) Black screen & White Atmosphère logo
4) Black screen & White Nintendo switch logo

I'm still mising something on how the other Switch manages this. I had a look at https://birbchirp.gitbook.io/switch...phere/optional-booting-atmosphere-with-hekate but I don't know if it's up-to-date and needs to be applied. I have no sysMMC and no emuMMC. Just the regular SD card. I have NAND backups, but that's another story.

NOTE: I'm just running the lastest Atmosphère with the latest hekate. :) No other systems / payloads.

My setup doesn't include anything related to SX OS, so if you are using a TX device, your setup will be different than mine. I don't know enough about TX hardware to help out.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I edit hekate_ipl.ini and remove the sysMMC and Stock entries I can prevent Hekate from ever booting sysMMC right?
If you are that paranoid, sure. If you want to go that far, remove any payloads that you might accidentally chainload except for fusee_secondary; it cannot be chainloaded from the SD card.

Hello,

I have a broken screen (apparently, backlight) switch on hand that I bought for cheap, it was a good deal since I never planned to use handheld mode.
To back up the nand, I can apparently use memloader and nxnandmanager, manual partitioning to create the emunand partition and fusee-primary to boot into atmosphere, so it doesn’t seem like much of an issue in itself.
But what should/could I use to create an emunand? If it’s really a backlight issue I could haphazardly navigate through the text version of hekate but is there a better solution (like an homebrew? I found something called emmummcconfig but it seems to need the emmumc setup already, or maybe another payload that I missed?)

Thanks for any answers!
Basically you would have to partition the SD card yourself instead of with Hekate which isn't the end of the world but most guides let Hekate do the work. I found this guide that explains how to setup multiple emuMMC but if just follow the instructions for one partition, it should work. I don't know how bad the screen is but you can also try using SX OS to install emuMMC then migrate it from Hekate.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My setup doesn't include anything related to SX OS, so if you are using a TX device, your setup will be different than mine. I don't know enough about TX hardware to help out.

No problem. I did some additional reading and I figured it out. You pointed me into the right direction.
The only difference was that the other switch has a emuMMC, but in the end it did not matter. It was the loading sequence of hekate_ipl that needed to be edited.
On the switch with the emuMMC I used the information below:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=2
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=220
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

{------- Launch -------}
[Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_atmosphere.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

For switch number #1 as it does not have a emuMMC I altered the information and used this:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=220
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

{------- Launch -------}
[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=0
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

I made a huge difference. The regular boot from the first boot screen till the newsscreen was 1 minute and 3 seconds. Whilst the edited hekate_ipl ensured it was booting at roughly 25 seconds.

Asayake

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, thank you!
Looks like the emunand creator does something much more straightforward than I expected, I had found another tool (SwitchSDSetup) that could flash an emummc.img to the partition but nothing on how to create it so I assumed it’d be a much more complex procedure, if it’s just a concatenation of the normal NAND then it should be easy, thank you for the link.

Reactions: Draxzelex

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are that paranoid, sure. If you want to go that far, remove any payloads that you might accidentally chainload except for fusee_secondary; it cannot be chainloaded from the SD card.

Alright did that now! It's not so much about paranoia but rather me being clumsy with my hands :P

Reactions: Draxzelex

sayofy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone I’m rather late to softmod scene but i just got 2017 switch on 9.2.0 firmware and i checked the serial no. and its not patched.. okaay so my questions are :
1. Should i update the firmware before softmod?
2. What is the recommended modding guide?some say the sd card should be fat32 others say exfat so im very confused.
Thanx

Last edited by sayofy,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, is it possible to have Atmosphere, Android and Linux on the same SD card, all as (if possible) hidden partitions?
If so, is there any good guide on how to set-up multiple partitions?

KaizokuTopkek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
bought a new sd card and used it as a clone of the previous one.
most of the things works fine but when i tried to launch pokemon shield and celeste (both were installed using tinfoil) i get the error 'could not start the software. please try again from home menu.' entered tinfoil in order to check if i can reinstall the game and i get the same error. uninstalled and installed tinfoil and i still get the same error. switched to my previous sd card and i still get the same error.
using firmware 11.0.1 and atmos 0.17.0

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought a new sd card and used it as a clone of the previous one.
most of the things works fine but when i tried to launch pokemon shield and celeste (both were installed using tinfoil) i get the error 'could not start the software. please try again from home menu.' entered tinfoil in order to check if i can reinstall the game and i get the same error. uninstalled and installed tinfoil and i still get the same error. switched to my previous sd card and i still get the same error.
using firmware 11.0.1 and atmos 0.17.0

Tinfoil doesn't work if you are loading via Hekate-> Fusee Secondary, you need Fusee Primary if you want to use Tinfoil along with the correct Signature patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them...