Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats not what i meant. you said this guide is for people with 4.X fw and i've got 5.1 so i dont understand, should i follow this guide or not?
and also what is the best method to short the joycons pins in order to get to RCM mode?
Like I said, that guide is for people who want to update from a lower firmware to a higher one while being able to downgrade in the future. If your firmware is already updated without following that guide, it won't do you any good as you will be unable to load firmwares lower than your current one without booting into RCM first.

And for booting into RCM in the first place, SX Pro's jig is definitely the winner here but its locked behind a $40 paywall. For alternatives, consult this thread.

Reactions: Lidorsho

Lidorsho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Like I said, that guide is for people who want to update from a lower firmware to a higher one while being able to downgrade in the future. If your firmware is already updated without following that guide, it won't do you any good as you will be unable to load firmwares lower than your current one without booting into RCM first.

And for booting into RCM in the first place, SX Pro's jig is definitely the winner here but its locked behind a $40 paywall. For alternatives, consult this thread.

so to sum up:
do i need to backup things? if yes- is there a guide?
is there a guide to upload sxos?any suggested way? or sould i just follow team xecuter's guide?
sorry for bothering you :unsure:
and thanks again for all your help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so to sum up:
do i need to backup things? if yes- is there a guide?
is there a guide to upload sxos?any suggested way? or sould i just follow team xecuter's guide?
sorry for bothering you :unsure:
and thanks again for all your help!
For trying to avoid a ban, backup your NAND before doing any hacks. Follow this tutorial for full details on how to backup the NAND. Although 32 GB is recommended, the NAND can be dumped without a 32 GB SD card which this thread details how to do. Before going online, you can restore your NAND with the same tool (Hekate) before going online. Make sure you also never go online without restoring that NAND first otherwise it will defeat the purpose of making the backup. It is also nice to have a backup in case your Switch gets bricked. Team Xecuter's guides are sufficient on how to use SX OS without running into that many issues. All you do is download the latest SX OS file and replace it on your SD card.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

saaarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my nintendo switch is in the USA region, can I download backups or .xci files from Japan or Europe or can I only download .xci files in the USA?

Lidorsho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What's the difference between NSP, NCA, XCI?
Can I just run XCI with my sx os?
If it is that simple, why people talk about those other formats?
Do XCI need to be unique to my switch?
Pls throw some light about all this.
Ty

NYAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
What's the difference between NSP, NCA, XCI?
Can I just run XCI with my sx os?
If it is that simple, why people talk about those other formats?
Do XCI need to be unique to my switch?
Pls throw some light about all this.
Ty
XCI is for cartridge games and NSP is for eshop games, updates and dlcs.
if you have sx os license you can run both.
for XCI games, you just need to download and put them on your sd card.
for NSP games, you need to install them trough devmenu. it's not hard but you need to follow a guide.
If my nintendo switch is in the USA region, can I download backups or .xci files from Japan or Europe or can I only download .xci files in the USA?
switch is not region locked so you can run eu and jp region games.

Last edited by NYAA,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert my normal mode botw save to master mode? i really dont feel like playing it again lol.
Not sure, I'm assuming you tried this tool already: https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-save-file-editor-gui-version.508370/
Do I need to backup the generated sx os files? What happens if my SD card corupts or dies?
Yes, store them in a safe place because they have no other way of verifying that its you who lost the license.

Lidorsho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
XCI is for cartridge games and NSP is for eshop games, updates and dlcs.
if you have sx os license you can run both.
for XCI games, you just need to download and put them on your sd card.
for NSP games, you need to install them trough devmenu. it's not hard but you need to follow a guide.

switch is not region locked so you can run eu and jp region games.
So do I just copy the XCI files to my sd and run it through sx?
Or is there any process I need to do?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I just copy the XCI files to my sd and run it through sx?
Or is there any process I need to do?
Just copy the xci's to the root of your SD card and you'll be good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anybody know what size profile images have to be to set them with devmenu? The images I'm using are too small so they keep getting corrupted

Lidorsho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Just copy the xci's to the root of your SD card and you'll be good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anybody know what size profile images have to be to set them with devmenu? The images I'm using are too small so they keep getting corrupted

Thanks!
What does "trimmed" mean?

SpartanHexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do we have anything available to launch linux and any payload we want directly FROM the sd card? Maybe a payload that is a payload launcher... That would be useful with people with sx pro and trinket m0 as we don't have anything to launch linux with the payload files on the sd card for example. I know the sx pro can boot other payloads from the sd card but it doesn't work with linux.

saaarie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering for the games I bought can I still play those online while I’m on the sx os cfw? Or would I have to boot my switch on the original fw?

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Quackington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone. Grateful that a thread like this exists. I'm hoping someone can answer some noob questions/provide me with some advice. Here's my current set-up:

- I have a launch Switch which is my main, 'official' system. It's on firmware 5.1.0. I don't plan to use it for homebrew.
- I'm awaiting delivery of a second Switch from Amazon (easy return process if it's the wrong firmware), which I plan to use solely for homebrew/emulation

I'm aware that there are now systems in market which have had some form of the hack fixed, so I'm a little worried I won't get the right system. I did read here that if you get a system with 4.1, it's still compatible with an upcoming Deja Vu hack.

Seeking advice on what to do:

1. If my new Switch is on firmware 4.1, am I okay to just wait for the Deja Vu hack?
2. Will the Deja Vu hack still require some sort of physical meddling like the paperclip (or similar) trick I've read about?
3. Should I attempt to do the paperclip soft hack even if my system is on 4.1, to check if it's not one of the newly-fixed Switch systems on the market? Is there any way to check the system without attempting this?
4. Do I have any options with my official launch system, as it's on 5.1? Perhaps I could make the new system my official system and then keep this 5.1 launch system to hack in future as I believe it may still be vulnerable in some way, but could be wrong.
5. If there are any simpler options for me, please let me know.

Finally, I read the below in the FAQ:

I'm on 4.x.x or lower! Should I update?
No. On 4.x.x you won't have to boot into rcm to boot cfw.
=====

Does the above mean that the physical/paperclip trick isn't needed on firmware 4 or below?

For reference, I've dabbled in a little Wii homebrew in the past, used Ninjahax on 3DS and have a homebrew Vita...but those were all relatively simple. The Switch stuff seems rather complicated.

Thanks.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...ask in the Lakka thread? Sorry, not too familiar with Lakka.
Aww man, another question I can't answer. As far as I know, I have not seen something like this.
The DLC is stored on the Switch. If its installed on the SD card, I still think some of it is installed on the console so you can't just load DLC in any Switch with that SD card.
That would have to involve either Puyo-Puyo Tetris on a 1.0 console or Pegaswitch on consoles 3.0 or less (supposedly, it has support for 4.1). However, since everyone uses the RCM exploit as well as PegaSwitch not being the friendliest exploit to set up, RCM is the way to go.
All game and system updates are possible despite having a banned Switch because they are treated as a gratuity with the console.
Either remove the Wi-Fi settings or keep the Switch in AirPlane mode. You'll know they are removed when you try to set up a Wi-Fi connection and it asks you to locate an access point.
Can you link me to the Lakka thread? Hard to find it on Tapatalk...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)