BOTW Save File Editor (GUI Version)

Breath of the Wild Editor
ss (2).jpg

-Use with caution, read the README.
-The same features as my old one + modifiers
-Open & Close BOTW before opening my editor.
-Use DPAD to move.
-Press A to select an item.
-Press B to return one screen.
-Press Y to edit rupees.

ss (1).jpg

ss (2).jpg

ss (3).jpg

ss (4).jpg

ss (5).jpg

ss (6).jpg

GitHub Project: https://github.com/Jpe230/BOTW-Save-Editor-GUI

Disclaimer: I only tested it with version 1.3.3 and 1.5 of BOTW if it doesn't work please send me your save file to check it why.

ly

Attachments

• BOTW-Save-Editor-GUI V.02.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 628
  • BOTW-Save-Editor-GUI-V.03.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 748
Last edited by Jpe230,
D

Deleted User

Nice job!
Your github is hilarious tho
  • Your Switch can catch on fire by using this.
  • Starbucks: For having free internet
anyway good job, i hope this will be a full offline editor like marcrobledos

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great! I loaded it up on my Master Mode save and everything appeared. I wonder why you started a whole new thread, but I have some GUI suggestions for you.

1. Put a Y button icon up near the rupee icon, just to help remind people what button to press for rupees.
  2. For Weapons, Shields and Bows, change the work Quantity to Durability. Leave Quantity for arrows.
  3. Some items names are long enough to break outside the left pane such as "Twilight Bow (Twilight Princes)". May just want to shorten that to "Twilight Bow"
  4. Each item lists its Durability then its Modifier but when you press A to edit the options are Modifier then Durability. May want to swap one for consistency.
That's about all I can think of so far. It's doing really good! Can't wait to see if we can add in new items (or at least just change the item we already have for another) and possibly other things too like Korok Seed editing, Hearts and Stamina editing, and more!

Jpe230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is great! I loaded it up on my Master Mode save and everything appeared. I wonder why you started a whole new thread, but I have some GUI suggestions for you.

1. Put a Y button icon up near the rupee icon, just to help remind people what button to press for rupees.
  2. For Weapons, Shields and Bows, change the work Quantity to Durability. Leave Quantity for arrows.
  3. Some items names are long enough to break outside the left pane such as "Twilight Bow (Twilight Princes)". May just want to shorten that to "Twilight Bow"
  4. Each item lists its Durability then its Modifier but when you press A to edit the options are Modifier then Durability. May want to swap one for consistency.
That's about all I can think of so far. It's doing really good! Can't wait to see if we can add in new items (or at least just change the item we already have for another) and possibly other things too like Korok Seed editing, Hearts and Stamina editing, and more!

1) I'm working on it :D
2) Will do, English is not my first language so I did not know the correct translation
3) Thanks for this, I could not test that since my items don't have large names. Will fix that for sure.
4) I did not noticed that, will check it.

As for now, I am working on replacing an item with other. Hopefully by tonight
Thanks for the feedback :)

Last edited by Jpe230,
Reactions: Assasin1990

JackDennis

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey sorry how do i compile it with Libnx? I tried putting the files into my switch folder for the hbmenu but i realised it doesnt open anything so ive gotta somehow compile it via Libnx?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually submitted a pull request for all the thing things I listed, feel free to use it. I also updated the readme to include the SDL2 dependancies needed.

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really good progress on this. I like it and much more convenient for minor edits compared to export save -> shutdown switch -> transfer sd card to pc -> mod save on pc -> transfer back to sd card -> enter rcm mode again -> restore edited save -> reboot -> play game.

Can we get hearts and stamina editing please? We can technically put 1000 hearts in it would just not show in the game's GUI but it is there.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really good progress on this. I like it and much more convenient for minor edits compared to export save -> shutdown switch -> transfer sd card to pc -> mod save on pc -> transfer back to sd card -> enter rcm mode again -> restore edited save -> reboot -> play game.

Can we get hearts and stamina editing please? We can technically put 1000 hearts in it would just not show in the game's GUI but it is there.
For real?! OMG I need to try this.

Jpe230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems to hang when I select any save file. Also is there no button combination to exit out of the program?
Send me your Save File apparently with version <1.3 is broken, and yes, press + to exit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can we edit to get the dlc items?
Not quite yet, I am done writing that piece of code, now I have to do a UI for that ;)

Sure why not :)

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send me your Save File apparently with version <1.3 is broken, and yes, press + to exit

Not quite yet, I am done writing that piece of code, now I have to do a UI for that ;)

Sure why not :)
Awesome. can't wait for it. I know others like to do the quests for them *which i wouldn't mind* but I want the items like the Majora's mask

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...