Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Even if you use an RCMLoader? It doesn’t take that much time and effort.
But to answer your question. I don’t see why not? Just follow the guides for a patched console
Yes i know, i have rcm loader, but i want the automatic boot because the kids forget everytime to use the rcm loader and so they launch the games and they get corrupted and i have to reinstall them, i want to avoid all this trouble.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How to link proper NNID on emuNAND if sysNAND didn't previously had any accounts linked to it, without updating the stock firmware to the latest version?

I have a clean sysNAND (firmware 16.1.0) and I would like to keep its firmware the lowest possible, just in case an exploit gets released and work on that version of the firmware. Chances are probably slim, but I'd still like to have that option.

The game in question that I need it for is the Animal Crossing: New Horizons and, without a linked NNID account, you don't have an access to the Mario-themed promotional items. I've tried with linkalho by adding fake NNIDs but, sadly, that doesn't seem to work.

On another hacked Switch of mine, I do have a linked NNID on my emuNAND and, of course, Mario-themed items are available.

My second question is: Can I make a linkalho backup on the second Switch and restore that same backup on my first Switch? Is that a safe thing to do? Accounts have the same name, if that means anything?

Thank you for your time.

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After corrupting my old SD and giving up on my Switch over a year ago, I'd like to get it up and running. For months, I thought I had bricked the device. It simply would not power on. Recently by chance, I plugged in my old RCMLoader, slid the jig into the right joy con rail until it hit the base, then held Vol Up and it powered on and shown some sort of life.

Firstly, I'd like to return the Switch back to factory settings for starters. What files do I need to place onto my RCMLoader first? Secondly, do I need to disable AutoRCM in Hekate to allow my Switch to boot up normally? Is there anything else I need to enable/disable to allow my Switch to boot up normally?

Thank you and I look forward to any help that comes my way. I'm a fish out of water so I'll need to learn this all from the start once more.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What files do I need to place onto my RCMLoader first?
If you have the original one that can be connected to the PC and which files can be updated, then you probably don't have to update anything unless you really want to. As long as you use and update Hekate to the latest, bootloader/update.bin payload will be checked and, if newer, it will get loaded instead of the one on your RCMLoader. One of the reason why even those fake AliExpress ones work without updating nowadays.
Secondly, do I need to disable AutoRCM in Hekate to allow my Switch to boot up normally?
Indeed.
Is there anything else I need to enable/disable to allow my Switch to boot up normally?
As far as I know, that should do the trick.
Firstly, I'd like to return the Switch back to factory settings for starters.
I can't say whether the factory reset is a good idea or not. Is your sysNAND clean i.e. used emuNAND for CFW stuff and sysNAND only for legit stuff, no pirated games and forwarders installed on sysNAND CFW, etc.? If so, I believe that it's safe to do a factory reset, if really needed, but I'd suggest that you wait for other replies as I'm not entirely sure.

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your swift response Blythe93.

So I've went and updated Hekate on my RCMLoader and fired on my Switch. It now states Old Nyx GUI Found. It seems I have to now update the bootloader folder on my SD card with the latest release from the Hekate GitHub page.

As it stands, I still currently have my old corrupt SD Card inside my Switch. Do I need to get rid of that first? I'd imagine so.

After that, should I go ahead and add the Hekate bootloader folder to the root of my new SD Card in addition to the Nyx.reg file on the Hekate Github page before repeating the boot process in my previous post?

Hopefully this should give me access to disable AutoRCM so I can at least get back into my Switch again?

In all honesty, I'm starting from scratch so I'm not desperately looking to Factory reset. I'm just looking to start from a clean slate again in an attempt to take advantage of my Jailbroken Switch as I have a mountain of games I'm dying to play now that I've finally gotten bored of my PS4/PS5. My Switch has barely been touched. It's only now that I've shown an interest again that I'd like to get it all configured and back in working order to play it for the first time.
Post automatically merged:

How up to date is the NH Switch Guide? It seems pretty informative. This guide wasn't around when I was first getting up and running. If it's reputable, I'll just follow this guide over the weekend using my new SD Card in the hope that I can get back in action.

That being said, it would be nice to Disable AutoRCM to begin with just so I can load up the default Nintendo Switch OS and ensure all is working well since it's been 18+ months since I last looked at my Switch.

Last edited by bupeapoop,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As it stands, I still currently have my old corrupt SD Card inside my Switch. Do I need to get rid of that first? I'd imagine so.
Definitely. If SD card is faulty, definitely replace it with a new legit card. Make sure to check whether it's legit or not with h2testw. If not and only its data is corrupted, before you format it, check if there are any backups from certain apps on it and copy those to your PC before you format your SD card (I'd suggest checking it with h2testw as well, to make sure it's still working properly). I'm not sure if you e.g. blanked your prodinfo in the past with Incognito_RCM or similar? You could have prodinfo_sysNAND.bin or similar on your SD card if you ever did.
After that, should I go ahead and add the Hekate bootloader folder to the root of my new SD Card in addition to the Nyx.reg file on the Hekate Github page before repeating the boot process in my previous post?
You can backup your original bootloader folder (just in case you need it) and delete it, and get the latest Hekate & Nyx on your SD card afterwards. Updating Hekate on payloader isn't enough.
How up to date is the NH Switch Guide?
It's up-to-date, mainly because it links to the latest versions of the required apps in the SD Preparation section.

For game backups to work, you'll need the latest sigpatches (firmware 17.0.1 is also supported).

Optionally, you can get sys-patch module as well. Unfortunately, it's currently discontinued due to it being taken down by Nintendo, but it doesn't hurt to have it around, alongside sigpatches. You can also install Tesla + nx-ovlloader as that will allow you to see whether sys-patch is working properly, after you press L + D-pad Down + R (Stick) combo, select sys-patch, followed by Log. It should say Patched (if it's green, it's good; if it's orange, it means that it's already patched with sigpatches). Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all.

Good luck with your Switch!

Reactions: bupeapoop

0Futurisma0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please follow the instructions, delete the entire atmosphere folder and replace it with new one.
hi again. so i finally manages to get 17.0.1 installed. all working fine . got some new games and they isntalled like a charm. thank you for the help.

question. if i launch the normal switch not the hacked version , can i go online ? to play fortnite for instance which is free ? or is it not allowed?
and also if i buy some game cartridges that play online can i play them with the normal switch online? or i risk to get banned

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi again. so i finally manages to get 17.0.1 installed. all working fine . got some new games and they isntalled like a charm. thank you for the help.

question. if i launch the normal switch not the hacked version , can i go online ? to play fortnite for instance which is free ? or is it not allowed?
and also if i buy some game cartridges that play online can i play them with the normal switch online? or i risk to get banned

Base on what you shown, you can't as you are running CFW on sysnand, you need a clean NAND to play online.

sleak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I've a NS Patched V1 with a hwfly V5 modchip installed but I'm not able to switch to hekate.
I'm stuck to Hekate - IPL screen which say "Failed to init SD Card!".

I have a 64 GB fat32 micro sd card (already tested and healthy) with latest Mariko homebrew.
I have to precise that the problem was here before I install modchip..

When I go to sysnand mod, and I try to boot up with sd card plugged in, It just freeze at "Nintendo".
When I go to setting system and I put the card in the slot, It's freezing..

I've already replaced the sd card slot but nothing..
(Fpc connector seems good aswell)

If anyone can help me, this will be really cool

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've a NS Patched V1 with a hwfly V5 modchip installed but I'm not able to switch to hekate.
I'm stuck to Hekate - IPL screen which say "Failed to init SD Card!".

I have a 64 GB fat32 micro sd card (already tested and healthy) with latest Mariko homebrew.
I have to precise that the problem was here before I install modchip..

When I go to sysnand mod, and I try to boot up with sd card plugged in, It just freeze at "Nintendo".
When I go to setting system and I put the card in the slot, It's freezing..

I've already replaced the sd card slot but nothing..
(Fpc connector seems good aswell)

If anyone can help me, this will be really cool

If you tried more than one SD card and you replaced the SD card flex on the board, then the problem is pins on the board, you have a short circuit where one or more pins doesn't work.

Reactions: sleak

sleak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you tried more than one SD card and you replaced the SD card flex on the board, then the problem is pins on the board, you have a short circuit where one or more pins doesn't work.
I hoped this wouldn't be a short
Thanks

So you think this would be a short on the FPC connector ?
I don't really know where to start, I wonder I have to check pins with continuity mode from a multimeter

sleak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use a multi meter
First, I disconnected the battery

I tested the green area with the ground (no beep), but seems some of pins from the red area are beeping
Sounds like this is the problem but I tested caps and resistors next to the area and they are beeping too

If FPC wasn’t the problem, I guess It wouldn’t beeping right ?

Attachments

• IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    788.4 KB · Views: 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto