1. ian76

ian76 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    please help, I've been running Atmosphere on my switch for a couple of weeks now, today I have tried to load some games but keep getting "ready to start system update" if I click cancel it returns to the home screen and not loading games, any advice would be very much appreciated.

thanks

2. spelda

spelda Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Thanks a bunch for your detailed answer. Do I understand it correctly that I can keep the auto-rcm on and how does the switching between sysMMC and emuMMC work? Do I have to load up Hetake every time and then choose which one I want to load up?

So every time I want to switch between sysMMC and emuMMC I have to power the system down and boot up with Hetake?

Thanks for the help :)

3. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So to answer my own question (in case someone else wants to know), yes, you can just copy the contents of your SD card to your pc, reformat the primary partition to FAT32, and then copy back over. Works fine.

4. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just did mine using this thread, last post. https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-sysnand-vs-updating-emunand.550255/

I did mine using the update from a cartdridge (pokemon Sword) to 8.0.1

spelda likes this.
  5. darksun45230

darksun45230 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey noob question. I own a Wii U Pro Controller and a modded Switch. Is there a way I can make my controller work on it (without having to buy fancy hardware)?

6. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The 8Bitdo dongle will allow it to connect. It is additional hardware but at only $19.99 I don't know if I'd all it fancy. I bought one to use with my DS4 on the Switch and I love it.

7. kadath

kadath Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey,

Just starting out and following this guide: switchgui.de
    As per the below step, to get a game such as Onigiri or an app, doesn't that mean I'll be pushed an update (to 9.1.0) which I do not want?

"Console Preparation
    Important

Before setting up the console for homebrew, it is important to have at least one eShop game (such as Onigiri) application (such as Youtube), or a game demo such as..."

8. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can I please get some help, I'm trying to use checkpoint to make a backup save for my Pokemon save but since I used kefir Updater to delete my users on my sys6and it gave me the default one named VK:nincfw I can't use checkpoint to make any backups of the game si played with the user. Also I did backup my saves with checkpoint before I used Kefir but now I can't restore any of my saves and I want to continue playing my saved games. Can I please get help on how I can make a backup save and restore my previous saves so I can continue playing my games. I keep asking about this every now and then but never get any help with the issue.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The guide assumes that the latest firmware can be hacked via CFW which is not the case at the current time but is usually the case. Anyway, you can ignore that step altogether or substitute it with a game cartridge.

Restore a NAND backup. I consider Kefir to be malware.

kadath likes this.
  10. bbcali89

bbcali89 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Updated my switch accidentally to 9.1. Do we have a eta for new cfw?

11. marque84

marque84 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey guys,
    a quick noob question here because i get mixed information on the internet:

I have an "old" model which is cracked by fusee. now i would like to use the online features.

Is it sufficient to "jusT" boot normal and install a game i purchased officially to not be able to be banned?
    Do i have to worry about burning fuses? I read that when booting the switch checkes the amount of burned fuses for each firmware. if i update by conjour without burning fuses the boot process checkes for the fuses as well and "reburns" them which makes downgrading not possible anymore.

Is this true? Can i play online without having to worry if i just remove the sd card and buy the game officically?

Thank you :)

12. goo7777777777

goo7777777777 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi guys, quick n00b question:

Can someone provide me old joy-con (joy-con toolkit extracted) dumps please, or lins to them?
    Can't find there nowhere.

Got this switch, joy-cons already updated, seems to me more of a software problem but I have no dumps for them.
    Yet I've seen here and there that they are all the same, just a serial number to change.

Regards.

G.

13. qaz015393

United States
    So I have to ? Because it's been a while since I made a backup of my system and I don't remember if I made one before and after I updated to 8.10 before I used Kefir.

14. ritit

ritit Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hi guys!
    I really need help. I tried to restore my "clean" NAND, but the system cannot boot afterwards. It shows Nintendo logo, then
    " An error has occured, error code: 2002-4686 "
    and on the bottom (x1) my serial number x(2) 6.2.0
    I suppose my clean nand had older system version than my CFW currently had.
    How can i upgrade my switch OFW, without breaking clean backup?

15. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I did a system update yesterday on my sysMMC to 9.1.0. All was fine. Booted back into emuMMC to do some other stuff. Still fine. Now I'm trying to launch stock sysMMC from hekate but it just reboots and takes me back to Hekate every time. What happened and how can I fix this? emuMMC still works.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Because Kefir is a type of malware, yes.

What format is your SD card? And what version of CFW are you using?

Hekate does not support firmware 9.1 yet.

qaz015393 and MusicallyInspired like this.
  17. ritit

ritit Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    I don't understand. I put my backup on 64 exFAT sd card and restored the system on switch. It doesn't boot. My backup was a year old -version 6.2 but . I ran CFW 7.x.x on switch but i'm not sure...

18. qaz015393

United States
    Dang that stinks. I hate how I couldn't wait to play Bloodstained and used it. I don't think I did a backup before I used it sadly. Fudge. I'm going to double check but doesn't that mean that the save files for the account Kefir made will be deleted? At least it was only 2 games but damn don't want to redo everything in Pokémon again. But I guess as long as I can it se pkhex and get those Pokémon back I guess it's not a total loss.

19. erk

erk Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have a new HDD formatted to exfat. Is it ok to use for SX OS if there’s other files on it, pics music, docs, etc? Will XCI and nsps need to be on the root?

20. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Hey, noob questions.

I have been avoiding burning fuses by performing Sysnand updates via ChoiDujourNX (so I can downgrade my Switch in the future) because I heard that Untethered coldboot could be possible for Switch <3.0.1, but is it ever going to happen?

Also, the update nag shows up every time I launch a game even though I am on the latest firmware. This is super annoying and I'm afraid I'll eventually press "Yes" by accident when the prompt shows up. Does this happen because I update Sysnand via ChoiDujourNX?

Should I just stop caring about avoiding burning fuses and update Sysnand without using ChoiDujourNX?

Also, If I update Sysnand from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0 without ChouDujourNX, will it disable Auto-RCM? Do I need to prepare a jig?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH