1. Benjke

Benjke Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    So I am trying to format my SDcard with Minitool partition wizard. Following the guide found on this forum.

But when I try to apply the actions on the wizard and it is applying the different partitions it ejects the sdcard and than it says complete but nothing changed.
    Tried it in different steps, to make first the big partition and afterwards the unallocated part, but it always does the same thing, it makes the action but in the process it ejects the sdcard so nothing happens again.
    Tried it with the windows formatter but it is the same, when it wants to format the SDcard it ejects it for a second and than it comes back on the screen :s
    Tried several adapters and other SDcards, it gives me the same problem.
    Anyone has had this problem aswell and any suggestions ?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrades. It does them by having the console's bootloader check the number of fuses burnt when turning on the console. Each firmware has their own fuse count and if there are more fuses burnt than the firmware it is trying to boot, the console will not turn on. The main purpose in preserving fuses is in case an exploit on a lower firmware version is discovered
    2. Hekate's Stock mode is used to boot OFW but without burning fuses
    3. EdiZon is more of a save editor while Checkpoint is designed to be a save manager. Ease of use is subjective but be aware that transferring saves can predispose you to a risk of ban
    No

The version of Atmosphere that supports firmware 9.1 is a pre-release meaning it is possibly riddled with bugs. Not to mention that Kosmos does not have a package for supporting firmware 9.1

3. ritit

ritit Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    I don't want to use CFW anymore i want to go back to OFW, but i think that my cleanNAND is using older firmware than my fuses are burnt for. I suppose i should use ChoiDujourNX to update that?
    Wouldn't that "dirty up" my clean backup?

4. TWilliamson

TWilliamson Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    RE: Cannot launch game after deleting update file.

So I wanted to play the release-version of SMO. I deleted the updated file with Goldleaf and then 'reset launch version'. Goldleaf said everything was successful but when I try to launch SMO it says 'checking whether software can be played' and then fails to connect to the internet because I don't have a connection (intentionally, of course).

Any advice?

Edit: The game is installed via NSP, not cartridge.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. TWilliamson

TWilliamson Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    It's impossible to restore to that clean NAND backup, it is essentially lost if your fuses are burnt beyond the NAND's system version. If you try to restore you will brick your console. The whole point of ChoiDujourNX is to update without burning fuses, so if you've already updated without it then it's too late :/

6. ritit

ritit Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Is there a way to check if my problem is coused by burned fuses? How to check how many fuses are burned?

7. Aurielee

Aurielee Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hi! I saw a few similar questions but in a bit different scenarios. I guess you might can help me...
    I CAN'T pass the load payload - Atmoshpere screen. I have Hekate 5.0.2.
    The other day, i installed a few NSP games and when i tried to load a game it asked me for updates, but i'm pretty sure it was a Nintendo update... So auch... I connected Wi-Fi, updated and then my Switch tried to reboot, but never started again.
    After a few tries, i managed to inject Hekate from Tegra, but since there, when i go to load payload and select Atmosphere screen, it tries to load Atmosphere and it comes back to the load payload screen.
    Is there a way to resolve this without having to wipe or something similar? I don't want to lose my saves.
    And additionally... Is there a way from now to update to Hekate 5.1.0 which is available today? Is really useful to do it?

Thanks in advance, regards!

8. The Evil Queen

The Evil Queen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so how would I check how many fuses are currently burnt? Or is there a thread on here going into detail about that? I just hacked my switch last night so my sysnand backup firmware is still current with what im running.
    Also, I am just wanting to dump my saves for pkhex. I am aware that it is risky and such as I did it on the 3DS. If I disable airplane mode for my sysnand, it will still keep airplane mode enabled for emuMMC yes? And should I just always run my OFW via stock when wanting to play online?

Edit: I discovered the thread about downgrade & fuses should I ever have to in the future.

9. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have my patched 4.1.0 setup for CFW and now I'm trying to setup my emuMMC so I can update it, should i do the SD Partition or sd file?

10. Juray

Juray Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm on Atmosphere Sysnand. If I want to move everything to emunand, is there a way to move the entire thing without copying over saves and having to install every game again?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes but there aren't that many other ways to update.

Try installing it with Awoo-Installer.

If your console was updated to firmware 9.1, you will need to update Atmosphere.

You can check the number of burnt fuses with Hekate. SysMMC and emuMMC act independently so they will both not be simultaneously in Airplane Mode even if one is. And you can reduce ban risk by booting Stock mode via Hekate.

Partition

12. erk

erk Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wondering if the HDD constantly running in sleep mode is still an issue for people? Is there any way to shut it down without unplugging from the dock?

13. Aurielee

Aurielee Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    I tried with 0.10.0 yesterday and the problem persists...
    Maybe i'm doing something wrong... What is the correct way to update Atmosphere?
    Sorry for my noobish (?

14. claussm

claussm Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone explain to me the easiest way to strip Kosmos from my SD and revert to Vanilla AMS (without losing my installed titles)?

15. DaddyNexxus

DaddyNexxus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm not following, I'll try to explain better. Sorry, I'm new to switch hacking so I might be lacking on my explanation.

I received my Switch from Best Buy. Came home, installed Hekate/Atmosphere and updated it to CFW 8.xxxx.

I installed several games, emulators, etc. Had fun, played Mario Kart with the kids, etc. etc.

I went to put a game on it, and it required a firmware update. I figured if I was on a newer switch version, it'd work. So I went out to update my EmuNAND/Atmosphere CFW (I'm not sure the difference between these, but I definitely did not boot into my SysNAND to do this update). I used that tool to update the firmware in EmuNAND/CFW to 9.0.1. It was successful, and showed 9.0.1xxxxxx(all the randomness for CFW).

I powered off to remove my SD card to put some stuff on it, and when I put it back in and booted into SysNAND (I have to, I have an ipatched unit) it wouldn't let me use the Caffeine exploit and my console showed 9.0.1. Broken, to me.

Edit: When I'm referring to 9.0.1 and 8.xxxx I'm referring to this number shown here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  16. drag0n77

drag0n77 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have SX OS and want to play local coop with non hacked switches for games like Smash and MK. Im currently on airplane mode with stealth mode on. I hear that the safest route. How would I go about playing local coop? Guessing I have to turn off airplane mode. Do I keep stealth mode on and change my DNS profile? Or does stealth mode already change the DNS profile? I also hear the new pokemon changes your DNS?

Thanks in advance

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Delete all files from your SD card except the Nintendo folder which stores your games, the Switch folder for your homebrew applications, and the titles folder for any game mods then place the new files on your SD card.

It just really sounds like you booted into sysMMC and updated that instead of emuMMC. You even say you're not sure of the difference and emuMMC looks identical to sysMMC unless you change the default theme color or something else. You basically have to be more careful next time.

Stealth Mode is similar to changing your DNS settings but you do not need to do both. And the new Pokemon game does not alter your DNS settings at all.
    Delete all files from your SD card except the Nintendo folder which stores your games, the Switch folder for your homebrew applications, and the titles folder for any game mods then place the new files on your SD card.

18. DaddyNexxus

DaddyNexxus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I used dark theme for EmuMMC. There is no way I installed it to SysMMC because I couldn't run the firmware update program through SysMMC. I had to be in Emu. I'll just do more research and be sure I properly update the CFW.

I have another switch arriving. If you don't mind, I would like to message you after doing my research and being sure I'm doing it correctly.

I greatly appreciate the time and effort you've put into responding to not just my, but every message here. Without people like you, I feel as though homebrew and CFW communities would be dead. Thank you again, you're awesome, brother.

19. wizra

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Can someone please shed some light on why wireless headphone Bluetooth support isn't achievable via homebrew or officially by Nintendo on Horizon?

I am curious about how Switch has Bluetooth, but we must purchase an extra Bluetooth dongle to achieve this.

20. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I placed my clean/stock switch in airplane mode last night with the intention of hacking and running CFW and proceeded with the process. I loaded up hekate, setup up emmumc to run off SD, then backed up emMMC Boot0/BOOT1, and eMMC RAW GPP. I tapped the launch icon (which contained CFW (SYSNAND), CFW (EMUMMC), Stock (SYSNAND)) I immediately hesitated to launch any of them and decided I wanted to revert back and not proceed with the hack. Would I be safe in simply shutting off the console, formatting the SD and continuing to use my switch without the fear of getting banned. Or must I take some additional steps? Like I mentioned above, the switch never left airplane mode, and i made a backup using the hekate tools. Thanks for being such a supportive community. I can take some photos if need be

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH