1. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    If you never booted to your NAND with CFW but only entered RCM, you should be fine.

2. neoxdonut

neoxdonut Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If I wanna play pokemon online which do i update CFW (SYSNAND) or Stock (sysnand), also do i just update it regularly to latest firmware? Hekate is latest ver 5.1.0
    [​IMG]

3. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Never update anything or even go online with anything CFW. You will be banned. If you want to update CFW you have to do it with ChoiDujourNX.

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    If you want to play online, only do this in clean SysNAND. Never boot with CFW to SysNAND if you use it for online purpose. If your SysNAND is clean, you can update it and go online. If your SysNAND is not clean, you need to restore a clean backup.

neoxdonut likes this.
  5. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you !! now I can breathe easy lol. Mainly because my wife would kill me if i deleted her Fire Emblem save lmao

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When referring to "clean" is it possible to check any logs to verify all is clean?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  6. neoxdonut

neoxdonut Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Since getting homebrew ive never loaded it into stock (sysnand) just been on EMUmmc is that clean or am I out of luck?

7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    I think you can mount the NAND of your switch but I have never done this. But in your case you don't have to clean it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you have never booted with CFW to SysNAND, you can go online in SysNAND.

8. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States

Just for the sake of learning because I may revisit sometime in the future. If I would have booted to CFW (emmummc) would I then have to go through the cleaning process or would I also be safe since it was the emmummc on my SD? Does the system settings let you know you are CFW anywhere after booting? Do you happen to have a link to the cleaning process?

Also, was the fact that I kept myself on airplane mode a factor in being able to simply needing to delete the hack files?

9. karikatourea

karikatourea Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hi!
    I need to ask something, noobish as it is.
    We are a small indie game dev team, so I'm thinking of getting us a switch, so we can import, test and play our projects. And eventually publish them.
    I thought the easiest and cheapest method would be cfw, is that right?

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    You don't have to clean anything if you have booted with CFW to emuMMC. Just throw away the emuMMC partition and delete unnecessary stuff from the SD and you're good to go. Because you haven't touched the eMMC with CFW but only the emuMMC.
    If you are using Atmosphere, you can check in the system settings (firmware version) if you see "AMS X.X.X".

11. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    And simply formatting my SD will remove the partition and and delete the hack files. Thank YOU! I'll revisit this sometime in the future.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  12. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Should I do a new backup of my clean sysNAND after I update to 9.10? And is there any reason to update my offline emuMMC CFW?

13. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    [​IMG]

I now understand the order operations that the process follows. (Pls someone correct me if I’m wrong) I understand my logs and system is clean because hekate/atmosphere runs before the switch OS is booted. Therefore without actual launching any of the attached icons it’s as if my console is still clean/virgin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    You don't need a new backup of your clean SysNAND. But if you have burnt fuses I would recommend to create one. For your second question: You should update your emuMMC if you want to play games which require a higher firmware.

It's clean.

ElonStark likes this.
  15. batmanscape87

batmanscape87 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for all the help !!! What are some of the most popular homebrew ?

16. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

I see there's a new update on switch. I was on the latest firmware with my non-hacked, patched switch, does it actually change anything if I update to this latest firmware? Is there some kind of exploit patched with the very last firmware?

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes especially if you go the entire DIY route and make your jig while using a USB cable alongside a computer or Android device.

No but right now CFW & homebrew are a bit unstable on the latest firmware so unless you have to play online, I would advise holding off on updating.

18. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

My switch isn't hacked though, but if somehow it would be possible in the future I might jump in. So if there were a possible exploit on my current firmware that got patched with the lastest one, I might have held off. So I can go and update right?

yeah I think I'll probably get paranoic every fw update lol

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    My apologies. I missed the part where you said your console was patched. In that case, the difference of being on 9.1 and anything above 7.X is the same as there are no exploits past 7.X

20. DrDoctor

DrDoctor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Still no cases of people being banned due to fuse number mismatch?
    Just trying to keep up to date.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH