1. erk

erk Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Seems to work fine. Files need to be on root.

2. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @Draxzelex If I update my sysNand to 9.1 to go online, I won't be able to go on my emuNand because Hekate isn't updated. But with atmosphere updated to work with 9.1.0 it should only be a matter of time.

My question is, I will still be able to use hekate feature to autoRCM so I don't burn fuse after teh update and be able to go online but have to wait for hekate to enter my 8.10 emunand. Right?

3. Galebourn

Galebourn Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I have huge problems getting Atmosphere/Kosmos to work on my Switch.
    I always used SX OS before, but I decided to make a fresh emummc on a new SD card.
    However, Hekate won't boot into anything. When I start the emummc, I see the AtlasNX/Kosmos splashscreen and then the Switch turns off. Strangely enough, Hekate won't even boot my regular sysnand, which can be started without RCM just fine.
    - Both my partitions (the files and the emummc partition) are FAT32
    - My sysnand firmware is 4.1.0
    - The only files on the SD are the files from here: https://sdsetup.com

Is there anything I can try to make this work?

4. sallos9812

sallos9812 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Will there be a problem if we keep emunand at 9.0.1 and update only sysnand to 9.1.0?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The console does not support exFAT out of the box. Its a separate update that has to be either downloaded online or installed via homebrew. Not to mention that exFAT is notoriously unstable on the Switch and there is no reason to be using exFAT. Format the SD card to FAT32.

I suppose this post was made before CFW was updated to support firmware 9.1 but you can now update to the latest firmware without burning fuses. Also ChoiDujourNX automatically enables AutoRCM when it installs a firmware. More precisely, since the firmware installation will overwrite whatever is in BOOT0 AutoRCM or not, it only matters if you enable AutoRCM during the installation or not.

You will not be able to use Hekate to launch anything on firmware 9.1. But everything else should work with Hekate.
    No

6. ritit

ritit Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Okay but what should i even put on that SD card?
    I used exFat to restore NAND on my console, the file was 30GB so i couldn't use FAT32.
    I just want to go back to my clean OFW.

7. DaddyNexxus

DaddyNexxus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, need some help to prevent something in the future. I attempted to update my CFW version on my ipatched switch to 9.0.1. After doing this, switch would not boot into CFW (there would be a black screen after atmosphere logo).

I jumped through some hoops trying to resolve, but nothing worked. Finally, I wiped my SD and put just the basics on the switch, atmosphere, hekate, hbmenu. After this I was able to boot into CFW 8.0.x again.

I decided to attempt the update to 9.0.1 again with ChoiDujourNX. I was able to do the reboot and it showed 9.0.1 (custom firmware). I booted into OFW after this for something (I was putting stuff on SD card). Upon booting into OFW, my OFW version was 9.0.1. This obviously makes my switch worthless to me, no homebrew, etc. I dont understand how this happened and was hoping someone could help me prevent it happening in the future. Thank you.

8. Ray999

Ray999 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello everyone, i have a quick question.
    I have tried to update Hekate and Atmosphere and now i can't boot my Sysnand cfw. I have a Sysnand cfw+ emunand cfw + stock setup. Whenever i try to boot a cfw with hekate it says: Failed to apply /nosighchk/ and failed to launch HOS. I have already tried to install the kosmos pack and nothing happens. Emunand cfw works fine if i boot it with fusee-primary. Any ideas? Thank you

9. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Which partition shouydl I use to be online Stock, sysnand, or emunand ?

Tried going online with sysnand but when I tried to software update it brought me to the homebrew launcher .. wondering if something I did was wrong.

10. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Thanks, I installed the latest versions of Atmosphere and Hekate, and updated my Sysnand to 9.1.0 via ChoiDujourNX. It works, but as I said, This update nag keeps showing up whenever I launch a game, even though my Sysnand firmware is already 9.1.0. Going into recovery mode stops the update nag from showing up temporarily, but it'll eventually come back.

I think this happens because the console thinks it's not on the latest firmware (maybe because I updated via ChoiDujourNX) and automatically downloads the system update from Nintendo servers. But I want to connect to Nintendo servers to play games online on Sysnand. What can be done about this? Should I just update my Sysnand in the normal way?

11. MusicallyInspired

MusicallyInspired Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yes you can. It splits the NAND backup into multiple files on FAT32.

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Just use FAT32 for booting CFW.
    9.0.1 is not CFW. 9.0.1 is a firmware version. Also are you using emuMMC? If so, are you sure sysMMC was updated?

Use the new sweet patches.

I would recommend using Stock however currently you can not use Stock with emuMMC so only Stock can be applied to sysMMC.

If sysMMC is already on the latest firmware, I see no harm in installing the system update. Make sure you have AutoRCM enabled and to do it in CFW to prevent fuses from being burnt.

Emenaria likes this.
  13. The Evil Queen

The Evil Queen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all,

I'm currently all set up to follow https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ <--that guide to hacking my switch, but i have a few questions.

1. What exactly is this fuse stuff about?
    2. what is hekate stock used for?
    3. is edizon or checkpoint easier to use and is there anything to know about dumping saves from emunand to sysnand?

thank you in advance for your time

14. DBZmadara

DBZmadara Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hello, im just waiting on my unpatched switch to arrive. My question is, when ive have loaded CFW. Can i still use OFW and play online by not activating the hack and changing the sd card?

15. bb8700g

bb8700g Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Hi all,
    Can someone please tell me how to detect that my Switch is running on sysnand or emunand?
    I'm on OFW 9.01 | Atmosphere 0.9.4S
    Booting to Hekate tell me that "emummc is disabled and emmc will be used for boot" but in Launch tab I see CFW (emu) and can boot into that.

Another question is if i'm on emunand, how do I know how it was created: file, partition,...?
    Thanks, I'm very new to Switch, just bought it yesterday and want to clarify anything if possible :)

16. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought with atmos and hekate and the new sigpatches it would be no problem right now?

17. rongsheng

rongsheng Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi everyone, i have just bought a new gen 2 switch, according to the website ismyswitchpatched com, my switch serial number is not listed inside does that mean i cant mod it?

18. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    You can't mod the new switch yet.

19. Kinqdra

Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    How do i transfer sav file from modded switch (NOT banned) to clean one without avoiding any potential casualties?

I run sx os with emunand, but have been playing the game I want the save from on clean ofw (physical cartridge).
    I haven't gone online after i started using sx os, but I did link a nintendo account to it prior to that.
    I also have a clean nand backup of the ofw.
    I have both nsp and xci games installed/on the sd card.

And it would be great if I could link the user to a new nintendo account insteas of mine (as I haven't gone online and have created a new user just to play the game, my nintendo account shouldn't yet be linked to that user, right?)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

20. DrDoctor

DrDoctor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm confused with the new hekate update (5.1.0).
    It doesn't come with any ini files, and there's a new empty folder named "ini", making it look like I need to merge this with the previous version, but then they explicitly say that "you must not mix them with older hekate versions".

Guess they mean to replace all updated files and not to mix them with the previous versions, but still...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH