1. CrazySquid

CrazySquid Newbie
    Newcomer

Thanks! And how should I update my emuMMC? Because that runs Atmosphere and the risk of ban it's there.

2. SAFN

SAFN Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Everything has been working fine! I launched Hekate. Etc got in my system menu. Play games etc. Today when I started up Hekate and click launch and choose what to launch after the first logo screen I get taken back to Hekate. I reformated my SD card. Redid the files and everything else possible, but this still keeps happening. Does anyone know?

3. CrazySquid

CrazySquid Newbie
    Newcomer

Hm... I did update my Switch to 9.1.0 and the same is happening to me, I think Hekate and the CFWs needs to be updated to dupport 9.1.0.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Saves are stored in the console itself so like I said, emuMMC is just a copy of sysMMC.

Do not use ChoiDujour. Use ChoiDujourNX. Yes, there is a difference between the two tools despite the similar names. Anyway, you run ChoiDujourNX in the partition you want to update.

Pegascape will eventually support firmware 5.X however there is no ETA on when that support will come so I would say it is not pointless to burn fuses especially since there is no benefit in burning fuses.
    You can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your emuMMC.

CrazySquid likes this.
  5. Zddddd

Zddddd Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Hi, I have a console that have many games installed on SD card, now I want to migrate them to another console, can I backup the nand and restore it on the another console through Hekate? Or the only way is to re-install them all over again?

Thanks in advance.

6. LeoLeoSuper

LeoLeoSuper Member
    Newcomer

United States
    IIRC NAND (including emuMMC) is encoded using your BIS keys. HacDiskMount might help, but that might be a bit complicated, so reinstalling and using a save manager is probably your best bet.

Zddddd likes this.
  7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    As the user above stated, your NAND is encrypted with console-specific keys known as biskeys. You will cause if a brick if you restore one console's NAND dump to another.

Zddddd likes this.
  8. Zddddd

Zddddd Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    I see, I will reinstall them then, thanks for the prompt reply!

9. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you

So I restored my nand backup form pre-cfw on 5.1.0 on my sysnand and it went smoothly, but when I start it it says that I have corrupted data on my sd card and it will be deleted no other option? I rebooted in hekate without deleting anything ... what could be the problem?

10. DrDoctor

DrDoctor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  11. lPitFall

lPitFall Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello!
    I have a patchable Nintendo Switch, and I installed the latest kosmos (14.2) with latest Atmosphere (9.0.4) and ES SigPatches.
    I started noticing that my switch is draining a lot of battery in sleep mode (70% when I went to sleep, 19% when I woke up). So, to rule out hardware Issues, I boot up into OFW, and left this night out of the charger in sleep mode, the battery went from 70% to 69(LMAO)%.

My OFW is 9.0.1

CFW shows 8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|S

Did anyone have a problem similar to this?

12. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I made the mistake of formatting my card exFAT because I didn't understand that FAT32 would be fine even for a large card. After reading about the dangers of glitches with the exfs driver on the Switch, I think I want to reformat to FAT32. My question: Can I just copy everything over to my computer, reformat the main partition to FAT32, then copy back? Or will that not work because of the way the unformatted partition space for EmuMMC is linked to the formatted partition?

13. lucs28

lucs28 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello. I got my unpatched switch this Wednesday and accidentally updated to 9.1.0 (I searched which update was the last and if it was compatible with atmosphere, and didn't find anything about this one, only 9.0.1 so thought it was the most recent). I already got to rmc, and confirmed it can be hacked. The thing I want to know is if there's any way I can downgrade it without having any backup or cfw previously installed, or if the only thing to do is wait till atmosphere gets updated.

14. soul0war

soul0war Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You have to wait. and when everything is compatible before jumping the gun again make a backup...

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you had any games installed on your SD card, then the console no longer considers them installed because I assume they were installed after your NAND was dumped.

16. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I also seem to be having this issue but have not exhaustively tested to confirm it is a CFW issue and not just an old battery issue (my switch is a really low s/n). I read that if you have AutoRCM enabled, that will cause the CFW to not sleep, so try disabling that.

17. spelda

spelda Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Hey guys,

so I have a hacked Switch that I would like to go online with to play the new Pokemon games. I did a back-up before I started to modify my system and to my understanding I would have to restore my old nand and then create an emunand and a sysnand to be able to play online.

Is there any guide you'd recommend on how to follow through with that as well as an explanation on how to maintain a system with a sysnand + emunand. I already searched a bit but didn't find exactly what I desired.

Thanks for the help :)

18. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This one worked well for me: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/
    You may be able skip some steps since you already have an sysnand backup.

19. spelda

spelda Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Thanks for the help! But I found this kind of stuff before and it's not really what I'm looking for.

Since I already play with my hacked Switch for close to a year I have a bit of experience on how to find my way around a hacked system.

I understand the technical aspects of that I need to partition my SD card and restore the NAND.. But I would like a guide that tells me how to update the sysnand without burning fuses (if that is possible). How to switch between sysnand and emunand. How to best restore my games if I have to wipe everything from my SD. And generally what I have to look out for when I'm using a sysnand and emunand on 1 system and how to not get banned if I go online with my sysnand.

Thank you again but sadly it's not really what I'm looking for.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well what you're asking for does not exist. Or at least not in one guide. Majority, if not all, guides on emuMMC involve setting it up. The process of setting it up is meant to teach you what to expect after you combine it with what you already know about basic Switch hacking.

For example, there are multiple ways of updating sysMMC without burning fuses. The easiest method involves using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. Another method involves manually rebooting into RCM after the system update finishes installing. Lastly, you can update while running CFW and having AutoRCM enabled in order to preserve AutoRCM during the system update which will prevent fuses from being burnt. But each of these methods have their own guide.

Switching is self-explanatory. You either reboot or turn off the console and boot into either sysMMC or emuMMC depending on the situation.

If you wipe everything from your SD card, you cannot restore your games; you would have to reinstall them.

And if you're using emuMMC as a ban shield, the goal is to never go online while using CFW & homebrew.

spelda and ElonStark like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH