SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No, both exploits used for patched and unpatched consoles have to be performed again if the console turns off. Sleep mode is a thing however. Also, you can use the web exploit primarily meant for patched consoles on unpatched ones, but the RCM exploit that only works on unpatched consoles is far better.

ThePublisher likes this.
  2. soontobe

soontobe Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I'm very new to the switch scene. After reading through some post i guess my ipatched switch is affected with supernag. Are there any updates regarding supernag?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There is no way to remove the supernag on an ipatched system, unless you made a NAND backup from before the supernag, which you could restore with a hardmod.

soontobe likes this.
  4. Loe7

Loe7 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2016
    Germany
    Hey, I'll get my unpatched Switch in a few days and I have a question about the Nand Backup.
    So I saw a few threads where people said to make a backup with ReiNX as an example and some said to make it with Hekate first. So this Switch is untouched with any kind of custom firmware so whats the best deal for me?

5. soul0war

soul0war Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys, I got a backup of my clean switch from 19-08-2018 and I would like to know what is the safest route to setup my switch so that I can play online on one side and boot cfw on the other side ... I had no in this until now that my friend is bugging me to play pokemon online ...

So which up to date tuto to follow, how to clean and what to install.

Thank you guys

6. Scytaic

Scytaic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hey! So the the guide I used to hack my Switch never told me to make a pre-CFW backup and also told me to use sysnand for everything so that's what I've stupidly been doing. So I got some questions,
    1) I've only used checkpoint and a GBA emulator via the homebrew menu (by going on "album") nothing is on my homepage. If I make an emmnand and move everything onto there and clean the sysnand (if possible), will it be clean enough to use for OFW like going online again? (Someone on Discord said I should be ok but I wanted to double check).
    2) If not, am I able to use OFW on the emmnand and use the sysnand for all the dirty stuff?
    3) If I end up getting a Switch ban, am I able to transfer all my games/offical save data to a new clean Switch? (I injected a save from PKHeX to my Pokemon Shield that I really don't want to lose).

7. Troubled

Troubled Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2019
    United States
    Is it possible to switch over from having emumcc as SD files over to partition instead? Realized after months of having it as SD files that partition based is faster..

8. KekBurr

KekBurr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2019
    United States
    Hey so I work for a pawn shop and we recently had a switch fall out of pawn that has a parental lock. I did a little research and it looks like I can remove it with the master key but it looks like I need a device id? What is the best and easiest way to get this? Thanks in advance to anyone who might reply.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Dump it with Hekate first.

1. No it will never be clean enough
    2. emuMMC is just a copy of sysMMC so the risk is the same
    3. No as it requires an Internet connection even with the local save data transfer feature

https://mkey.salthax.org/ Check the site for information

10. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi !
    I'm here with a really random question : I've a CFW'd Switch, works fine. My only issue is that I have to check folders in my SD Card (screens / videos / checkpoint stuff) pretty often but I don't want to turn off my switch all the time and re-inject all the time.

I'm using airplane mode so no FTP.

Is there any way to read my sd card as mounted on my pc ?

Thanks o/

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxmtp-access-your-sd-card-over-usb-without-rebooting.528783/

12. KekBurr

KekBurr Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok so I read this already. I guess I should have asked how does one get the Prodinfo off the switch?

13. soul0war

soul0war Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United States
    Hey Draxzelex, was wondering if you could help me a bit.

I got a switch on Atmosphere for over a year now, I stillk have my first backup before I installed anything, what do I need to follow to clean my switch and install emumcc so I can play online and access eshop on a legal partition?

Thank you

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You select the eMMC SYS option for dumping partitions in Hekate although you can also get the Device ID from the fuses which you can also dump with Hekate.

15. Scytaic

Scytaic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2019
    United Kingdom
    When/if I get a new switch I might go online just to transfer asap and hopefully the time it takes is quick enough for Nintendo not to notice lol

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I have all of my games in nsp, nsz, and xci formats. do some games only work in one of those formats or should all games work? I'm quickly running out of space on my hdd, so I don't know if I can keep files in all three formats at the same time.

17. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Possibly dealing with an older HDD that simply gave out, unrelated to my switch. But I find the timing and circumstances odd.

I attempted to load a Pokémon sword XCI from my 2.8 SX OS games list and I got a firmware update required pop up (Im on 8.1.0 currently). I then went into 1.4 SX installer and found the xci there and Didn’t install the game but just clicked launch. Somehow the game loaded up without the update nag and my kid played it for a while with no crashes or issues. Guessing it skips the FW requirement When launching from installer?

Didn’t use the hdd for a Couple weeks after that. Just tried it on the switch, and it does not recognize it. Then the same result with 2 PCs. It has been unplugged since running the XCI, was not dropped or anything.

Could just launching the game in this way and playing for a while kill the whole hdd?

Thanks for any info or speculation..

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Only SX OS supports mounting .XCI files but all CFW support installation of all 3 types.

godreborn likes this.
  19. Inzaghi09

Inzaghi09 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    Germany
    Hello,

i installes Pokemon Lets go on my switch with 0.9.4. atmosphere (hekate).

After installing the game started without problems. But when I want to start the game again it won't open because of a system system check.

What can I do about it? Is there some way to remove the firmware check? My switch is on 9.0.1.

20. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    Unsure how to word this but here it goes....

My SD card is almost full and I use SXOS. Most of my games are saved to the SD card, however, none of the games are using anywhere near enough of the memory bar, and I cant figure out what is keeping it in the "white" (if that makes sense?). Most installed games/updates/dlc are saved to the SD card and show up "green", but these barely take a chip off-even BOTW.

What could be causing this?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted